Fordmods Logo

XC SEDAN OPTIONS FROM NEW 

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: XC SEDAN OPTIONS FROM NEW
Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:05 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

IS IT POSSIBLE FOR AN XC JG23 77 FALCON TO COME OUT NEW WITH FAIRMONT SILL AND WHEEL ARCH CHROME AS WELL AS THE SQUARE HEADLIGHTS,CAR HAS GS STEER WHEEL,DASH,FUEL CAP BONNET RALLEY PACK BADGE ON RADIATOR SUPPORT AND ORIGINAL 302 CLEVELAND .
ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED THANKS.

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:16 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EF11 Ghia EB11 Ghia Courier ute

QLD, Australia

my brother had a similar XC to you and he bought it from a bloke who claimed it was an "Alan Moffat Special". it was a 302C manual sedan with the rallye pac stuff. it has round headlights and driving lights but no sill or arch moulds. I have since heard of other similar cars identified as "AMS"s

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:23 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

IS AMS LIKE A SPECIAL ORDER.BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN TOLD A RALLEY PACK BADGE ON RADIATOR SUPPORT MEANS DEALER OPTIONED.IS IT POSSIBLE A PAST OWNER CHANGED TH HEAD LIGHT OVER FROM ROUND TO THE RECTANGLE SHAPE.ANY HELP APPRECIATED.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:52 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 113 rwkw

NSW, Australia

stu6666666

turn your caps lock off its like your yelling at people

BANNED

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

YEAH PRESS THAT CApss lock it is rather annyoing i suggest maybe get ya vin or chassis number or the numbers of the engine plate and ring ford.....

dad used to put fairlane/fairmont fronts on his old XWs/XYs etc so maybe did the same

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:38 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

I guess anythings possible.
My old man had a genuine XB GT with all the fairmont options inc. 1/4 vent windows. It turned out that it was a ford company car from new therefor was a special order.
I don't know if it's possible but with the old mans GT he contacted Ford and got a letter of Authenticity listing all the factory fitted parts & options.

Knower of ALL......Master of NOTHING !!!

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:41 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: XC Falcon 500 Sedan: White, 4.1,

QLD, Australia

I have a sales brocher for XC Fairmonts in front of me out of which I'll quote the 'GS' Ralley Pack option that was available on both Fairmont sedans and wagons.

THE 'GS' RALLY PACK:

Takes your car out of the ordinary - makes it a personal sports road car. In tradition of the Falcon GT, you get built-in 'NASA' bonnet air scoops, tasteful black paint treatment, styled steel road wheels with trim rings. Colour keyed bumpers, bumper over-rides and LH mirror. Inside: Comprehensive instumentation, sports steering wheel, map reading lamp and padded dash and glove box door.

There is a side note stating that the long range driving lights are not available on the Fairmont. (Obviously because it has the large rectangle head lights).

Hope this helps.

MAW

Remember "It dosn't matter how fast it goes, if it's under 3 litres it's a chicks car".

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:35 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: XC 1/2 Fairmont Wagon

NSW, Australia

MAW wrote:
I have a sales brocher for XC Fairmonts in front of me out of which I'll quote the 'GS' Ralley Pack option that was available on both Fairmont sedans and wagons.

THE 'GS' RALLY PACK:

Takes your car out of the ordinary - makes it a personal sports road car. In tradition of the Falcon GT, you get built-in 'NASA' bonnet air scoops, tasteful black paint treatment, styled steel road wheels with trim rings. Colour keyed bumpers, bumper over-rides and LH mirror. Inside: Comprehensive instumentation, sports steering wheel, map reading lamp and padded dash and glove box door.

There is a side note stating that the long range driving lights are not available on the Fairmont. (Obviously because it has the large rectangle head lights).

Hope this helps.

I think my fairmont wagon might have this option. It did have black trim, but the blank paint wore off and underneath was stainless steel. It also has 12 slot wheels, and did have trim rings, however some bastard stole those. It has a left mirror, bonnet scoops. The bumpers are chrome though. It has a padded glove box door and there's a light in the glove box. Does anyone have a photo of the dash and steering wheel? The car is not with me at the moment so I can't take a photo of it, but the dash and steering wheel look like this photo.

Attachments:
XCGS4-4.jpg
XCGS4-4.jpg [ 28.07 KiB | Viewed 279 times ]

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

My first car was a 78xc GS rallypack 4.1 4 speed manual had the 12 slot wheels with chrome dress rims , chrome bumpers with over riders , sport dash , cloth interior , seperate factory radio and cassete , padded dash , 4 light grill , bonnet flutes and GS fuel cap. Colour was fire glow red but at night it looked orange. The engine got changed to a nicely modded 302 with an 8-1/2 inch disc brake rear , lowered on selby suspension with gold hotwire mags. Was a nice car and I wish I still owned it.

ef fairmont ghia 5.0L
classy cruiser

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:06 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: XC 1/2 Fairmont Wagon

NSW, Australia

sounds nice rev head. Mine's a wagon. My grandfather bought it new in 78 or 79. I wish he had bought a coupe. I would love to have a coupe. Especially an XB GT. Maybe one day...

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

I know how you feel my alltime favorit car is the XC cobra and would love an old xc coupe to turn into a play toy

ef fairmont ghia 5.0L
classy cruiser

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:42 am 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

looks & sounds like a gxl fairmont to me!

ON THE EIGHTH DAY GOD CREATED HOLDENS TO KEEP THE d***head OUT OF FORDS

Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:54 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: XC GXL

WA, Australia

My XC GXL has a vin starting with JG32 and rad support tag G.X.L. If its vin is JG23 its a 500. Bloody hell theyre getting scarce now

XC GXL 5.8: 14.1 @ 99MPH. Thank you to Jimbos alchoholic uncle for the short motor. It goes alright now mate.

Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

Have a look for a tin plate, it may be riveted on just tied on with wire, on the lower radiator support panel or caster-bar mounting bracket. This is where the factory options were put for the assembly & paint guys.
I have seen them say things like " White roof " and stuff like that, and some numbers. They can be stamped, or had written. Even my 88 EA has one on it, coz its an S pack.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

cjh wrote:
Have a look for a tin plate, it may be riveted on just tied on with wire, on the lower radiator support panel or caster-bar mounting bracket. This is where the factory options were put for the assembly & paint guys.
I have seen them say things like " White roof " and stuff like that, and some numbers. They can be stamped, or had written. Even my 88 EA has one on it, coz its an S pack.

Attachments:
IMGP0491_resize.JPG
IMGP0491_resize.JPG [ 66.8 KiB | Viewed 4108 times ]
IMGP0489_resize.JPG
IMGP0489_resize.JPG [ 74.97 KiB | Viewed 4085 times ]

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next