Fordmods Logo

XD ESP??..... 

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA

VIC, Australia

Yeah, I've seen original XD ESP's in white and red... I thought originally that it was only white... but I was wrong.......

mmmmmmmmmunchy!

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:49 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 82 ltd 351 / 82 ghia 351

Power: 80 rwkw

VIC, Australia

xd esp were alot more diverse then xe's

id almost say that the xd was more of an option u added to your car while xe esp was a full model sort of thing

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

The ESP was an option, it stood for European Sports Pack. We had a 351 4 speed XD in silver.scheel seats,Globes, full Fairmont Ghia pack when i was a little fella first geting into cars. Sort like what i am trying to achieve with my EF Mont Ghia.
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:07 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: XH XR6

NSW, Australia

hey guys, sorry i haven't been on for a while
Yeah i'll try to take some photos. cant say how well they'll turn out tho, my camera isn't to high quality..
Milesy

If it's got tits or wheels, it'll give you hell!!!.....

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:48 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: ef Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Yeah the XD ESP is the best car ive owned driven 351 top loader and disc brake 9" LSD with the factory traction bars over the top of the diff.
I brought it when Mod PLates 1st came in and the dumb s**t mechanic tried tellin me that i needed to pay him for a mod plate for the factory modifications i made him ring FORD and they told him it was all std haha he wasnt happy he thought he was gettin my hard earned cash for the new mod plate scheme that QLD transport came up wit.
That ESP would come out of a corner sideways and no body roll wat so eva and lave 2 black lines down the road.

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:51 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 4 images

ACT, Australia

BigCav wrote:
unfortunatly mate the ones i posted are the power figures, they never touched the motors in the esp range's and they were only as powerful as the basic 351's and 302.

the 302 makess 140kw and the 351 makes 149 kw.
iv driven a number of stock xd/xe 351's and now own a modified one and my worked one is probably only up to 190fwkw

full spec sheets can be found at falcon facts, the esp forums, xfalcon

however ill list them for u anyway, this is for the xe esp however mos tif it is the same for the xd, the xd should of had the bathurst globe wheels instead fo the snowflakes

Engine

5.8-litre, OHV, V8, 4-barrel carburettor, 8.9:1 compression ratio, 149kW@4300rpm, 415Nm@3000rpm.(DIN)

Transmission

4- speed manual, all synchro.
Ratios: 1st 2.46:1- 2nd 1.78:1 - 3rd 1.27:1 - 4th 1.00:1
Reverse 2.47:1
FMX 3-speed automatic, T-Bar shift.
Ratios 1st 2.40:1 - 2nd 1.47:1 - 3rd 1.00:1
Reverse 2.00:1
Rear axle: 2.92:1 (manual) 2.77:1 (auto) limited slip differential.

Suspension

Front: Independent, upper and lower wishbones, heavy duty coil spring over strut-type Bilstein dampers and anti-roll bar.
Rear: Live axle, upper and lower trailing arms, heavy duty coil springs, telescopic Bilstein shock absorbers and 24 mm anti-roll bar.

Brakes

Front 286mm ventilated discs, rear 286mm discs, servo assisted.

Wheels

7JJ X 15" gold snowflake pattern alloy wheels, ER60H15 Uniroyal Wildcat steel-belted radials

Performance

0-100 km/h - 8.8 seconds; Standing 400m - 16.1 seconds

Hi People,
Just a small correction...the XE ESP came out with the following transmissions:

351's --> 178 made - only available with 4sp single rail boxes
302's --> 100 made - only 4sp single rails boxes
302's --> 260 made - only auto'boxes.

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:49 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 82 ltd 351 / 82 ghia 351

Power: 80 rwkw

VIC, Australia

now that i re read that post of mine too in the xe they wernt still fmx's were they? would of thought they would of been c4's by then

possibly fmx's in xd tho?

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:09 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

Acording to the factory manual on the xd 351 s got fmx and 302 got c4, not all xd models had tramp rods and try a 250 with c4 and 9 inch rear disc brake rear also most xd s had driving lights under the bar and spot lights on top wish I still had it :)

Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Marka wrote:
Acording to the factory manual on the xd 351 s got fmx and 302 got c4, not all xd models had tramp rods and try a 250 with c4 and 9 inch rear disc brake rear also most xd s had driving lights under the bar and spot lights on top wish I still had it :)

I don't think the 9" info is correct, 9" wasn't available in XD, XD was the first of the 28 spline 4 pinion Borg Warner and even this was only available behind 5.8L (XD-XE), please remember ESP did not have any increased performance. It is actually easy to spot in your factory owners manual, the differential ratios were not anything that would match any factory 9" ratios of the time.

C4 however was an option, I have no idea if the ESP 4.1 was standard with it or not.

Problem is the XD is now nearly 30yrs old, many things have been swap between these dates, unlike some other brands Ford Australia didn't mix and match without stating it was available, imagine the problems this would have caused at dealerships when parts catalogs and factory manuals never showed a toploader or 9", it changes so many things, even the rear discs are different for 9" compared to Borg Warner.

XD ESP factory tramp rods (only "factory" on ESP) were like the earlier factory Cobra(?) and GT(confirmed), the bracket just bolted under the top of the leaf springs at the top of the diff housing and bolted to the chassis rail basically in front of that.

Another thing to add is the 4.9L should have different ratios to the ESP 5.8L single rail, 2.46(not confirmed) for 1st gear vs I think 3.06(not confirmed) first gear in a 4.9L.

Stock 5.8L 4sp was something like 2.36 :shock: which was worse when someone swap it into a 4.9L considering 100kmh in first is achievable Seen it, done it, 2.92 diff ratio, gives you 100kmh at about 5500rpm, something most healthy Clevelands can achieve.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:39 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

Thats what we thought when we bought it was one owner (deceased estate), seemed like the first ones almost were built to use up left over parts from previous models. It was a nightmare to get parts for you had to take the part with you because nothing ever seemed to match with what was recommended. We had no idea it was an ESP when we bought it and didnt realise until a ford dealer told us and pointed out Scheel interior red instrument lights etc, We were told by same dealer that its not uncommon to get these with strange drive train combinations, could be worse have seen a valliant wagon with full rt opitions from factory tick the right boxes ! The good ol days when your car could actually come from the factory different to someone elses

Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:39 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: XD 351 ESP

NSW, Australia

HEY JUST THOUGHT ID INTRODUCE MY SELF I HAVE AN XD ESP WITH NUMBERS MATCHING 351 CLEVO WITH 4V HEADS RUNNING A 750 DOUBLE PUMPER THAT MAKES 455 RWHP AN XW PHASE 2 4 SPEED TOPLOADER AN XY GT DRUM BRAKED NINE INCH WITH BRAKE ELIMINATOR IT ALSO HAS A GT SHAKER FULL ROLL CAGE RACE SEATS/ HARNESSES FULL d**k JOHNSON RACE BODY KIT SOON TO BE RUNNING A 6/71 BLOWER WITH NITROUS AND SEQUENTIAL SHIFTER AND JUST WONDERING WHAT YOU GUYS THINK OF IT WILL BE ADDING PICS OF IT LATER

HI I HAVE AN XD ESP RUNNING A MATCHING NUMBERED 351 WITH A XW PHASE 2 4 SPEED TOPLOADER AND A XY GT 9 INCH FULL CAGE 4 POINT HARNESSES RACE SEATS SHAKER ALL RUNNING AROUND 455 HORSES AT THE WHEELS

Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:41 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: XD 351 ESP

NSW, Australia

HEY JUST THOUGHT ID INTRODUCE MY SELF I HAVE AN XD ESP WITH NUMBERS MATCHING 351 CLEVO WITH 4V HEADS RUNNING A 750 DOUBLE PUMPER THAT MAKES 455 RWHP AN XW PHASE 2 4 SPEED TOPLOADER AN XY GT DRUM BRAKED NINE INCH WITH BRAKE ELIMINATOR IT ALSO HAS A GT SHAKER FULL ROLL CAGE RACE SEATS/ HARNESSES FULL d**k JOHNSON RACE BODY KIT SOON TO BE RUNNING A 6/71 BLOWER WITH NITROUS AND SEQUENTIAL SHIFTER AND JUST WONDERING WHAT YOU GUYS THINK OF IT WILL BE ADDING PICS OF IT LATER

HI I HAVE AN XD ESP RUNNING A MATCHING NUMBERED 351 WITH A XW PHASE 2 4 SPEED TOPLOADER AND A XY GT 9 INCH FULL CAGE 4 POINT HARNESSES RACE SEATS SHAKER ALL RUNNING AROUND 455 HORSES AT THE WHEELS

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Na fairlane, xe 351 ute

NSW, Australia

please turn caps lock off. typing in caps is the equivilant to shouting

Current cars
1983 XE Ute - xf front, worked 351, straight gas
1990 Na fairlane - stock

ex cars
Fg xr6t, 80 series cruiser, ba xt, ea s-pac (xr6 test model), ke laser.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2