Fordmods Logo

XE Ghia. 4.1L is it possible with twin exhaust? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: XE Ghia. 4.1L is it possible with twin exhaust?
Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:54 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Au

SA, Australia

hey i just bought a XE fairmont ghia around 6 weeks ago and i was wondering if it is to close to the petrol tank to put a twin system exhaust in? i gotta cut the spare tire holder part out. and putting flat piece metal there. then im hoping twin exhaust will work. ive got both the exhausts. it comes VERY close the the petrol tank. anyone know if its safe or not? its about 10mm away. if i bend it out more it wont look right coz of the other side. HELP :twisted: thanks guys :) blake.

Post subject: Re: XE Ghia. 4.1L is it possible with twin exhaust?
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:44 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: XF Panelvan

WA, Australia

can you put up any pics of what you have so far? maybe bend the other side to match the side you've modified. might be a very good idea to invest in some heat-sheilding if its that close to the fuel tank

Double legger stock EF fairmont. 15.46 1/4 mile

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:50 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

yeh, ive been thinking maybe bend them to come out behind the rear wheels? its got its normal shaped exhaust, then i got another one same shape off a car at work and was working the back end out first coz fuel tank. if i do it like my dad said i just gotta cutt the spare tire part out from under neath and put flat panel over top and then have it same on both sides. might do it tht way to be honest. ill try and get some pics after work tomorrow if i can

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:58 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

yeh sounds like a good enough plan. where abouts hav you started the exhaust into two sections? are the pipes the same length after the split?

And with regards to ur subs, it shouldnt break ur window unless they are comp subs, id be more worried about it rattling the wiring connections loose or theboot lock and latch rod out, i had an EF fairmont and had a 15 inch 800 watt sub and that alone rattles the boot lock rod and wireing out lol

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:12 am 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

yeah same rattles like hell in my other car with a 800watt 12" lol i got all foam thro the boot to try n stop it. ha :)

um the split just b4 the rear axle, where the muffler connects to. if that makes sence? thanks for your help :) i gotta get 2 mufflers same size and that for it coz its got a full stainless steel exhaust brand new on it. i bought it from a mates dad that he got from a house he had to get rid of everything. he didn't know nothing about it. and yeah it had full exhaust, extractors lowered mags but changed them to "12 slotters" i paid $400 for it. lol the bodies in mint condition . 170,000km/h never been around the clock. manual. anyway. lol

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:25 am 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

yeh i had about 3 tubes of sikaflex in my bootlid... fail haha.
yeh that makes sense, the closer the two pipes are the same length after the split the better itll work, something to do with back pressure..
wow what a bargan!!! i recently picked up an XF panelvan for 2g and its not anywhere near mint lol dings all over... still put the dual 12inch 800 watters in er tho :D i bought a full set of 5 12 slotters for it too, got them for $375, theres about 2.5 cm clearance between the back tyre and the spring lol the 265s r sexy as F**K on the back FTW

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:46 am 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

nice! i paid $100 for second hand 12slotters from my boss. lol little bit of rust but i can clean it up. got one looking brand new. but hand gets sore lol im hoping to have her on the road in a few weeks. nxt year ill respray her and everything tho. cant wait tho. so excited Lol. planning on spending around 10grand on it. but if i keep getting things cheap like i am atm. wont cost nearly as much lol :)

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:50 am 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

lol ah yeh mine rims r in pritty good nic so i jsut smashed em on lol im a panel beater so ill ba able to get it sprayed up for sfa which is good im just havin touble decideing the colour lol i got plans for mine aswell, jsut duno where to start.. im waitin for summer to roll round so i can clean up the rust thats startin to c*m thru before i start goin nuts on her.. but then itll b on for young and old, lookin at putin in a V8 coz i know a bloke thats sellin his fairlane but ill see how i go with funds at the time

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:12 am 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

Nicee. Yeh im working as a panelbeater/mechanic at the moment. Gett apprenticeship end this year. I've got all the plans but. Not the money haha.:( start of nxt year ill get mine resprayed. New carpet the sound system and that. Then ill start on the motor :) I wanna put a v8 in her but I got my p plates like 3weeks ago. And can't put insurance on it til im 25 or what eva. So yeahh.:(

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:18 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

aww devo!! yeh iv sorta lost my license so wen i get a V8 in and insured itll cost me a S**t load :( r u gonna spray the engine bay as well?? ill straighen the body and jsut keep it white till i do the V8 then get it painted so i can do the engine bay at the same time.. im gonna deck out the inside first to, gonna be a nice shagin wagin lol

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:21 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

Nice. I had some damage to drivers side gaurd and rear door. Took into work fixed my self and got a mate to spray it for me there. So got it all cheap lol:) yeh. Im putting a diff motor in. In a few months when I take the one out im dropping in tomorrow, ill respray it like blue or something. Notsure. Coz im trying to keep it as. Blue/black interior. And black and silver outside. So yeahh. :) you got msn? Add me if u wanna chat more:) skylines.own25525@hotmail.com

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]