Fordmods Logo

Xf had no spark but worked fine next morning?? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EA

QLD, Australia

you got the carby,,hate carbies,,have you tried takeing it off and giving it a good clean,,theres a little filter in the inlet near the top that needs cleaning every now and then..thats if its the weber.

NO ONE DIES A VIRGIN AS LIFE SCREWS US ALL

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:17 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

i have had the bad idling issue for a while which i put down to maybe a lobe worn on the cam since it dished in the bottom of one of the lifters till there was a hole in the bottom and wouldnt pump up, it also serverely bent a push rod (i was pushing it a bit hard) when all of that happened i stripped the carbie down and cleaned everything including that filter and put another filter in before the carbie since it didnt have one, that didnt fix the problem.

Since it died a couple of weeks ago i have found that the module on the dizzy and the est ecu are a common problem and since there cheap and easy to fix i thought i would change them and see what happens, still cant find a dizzy with the module on the side tho, the idle isnt real bad, just mainly trying to make sure it dosnt die again, i was lucky this time it died about 100 meters from home, next time it will be on the way to work when its pissing down with rain.
It makes it even harder to find since it happened once, never did it before or since so its hard to pin point the problem.

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EA

QLD, Australia

our xf did the same thing once,,driveing along and the bloody thing just stopped,,called the nrma by the time he got to us i had it running and it never did it again,,i had alot of idle problems with it,,i just swapped carbies and it ideled perfect but had no guts,,bloody fords,,i hope you do sort it out though,,basicly like all cars the good when they work..

NO ONE DIES A VIRGIN AS LIFE SCREWS US ALL

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:39 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

dude i told ya it was the ignition module!!!! their like 50 bucks and you can do it your self!!!!!!!, jees you wasted alot of money, it definatly aint the carby

OFFICIAL TOKEN BLACKY

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:57 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

the carby was replaced over a year ago, long before this happened, i replaced the alternator due to low volts and the coil and est were cheap but at the time couldnt find any modules, i have since rang bursons and they are about $50 on the trade account, havnt gone to get one yet tho, will do this weekend.

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Iggy module is the first thing to check... they work, then they dont, then they sorta work... mine buggered around on my ED and I ended up paying over 400 for the gagarge to root around with every other thing only to have me bring it back 3 times

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2