Fordmods Logo

XH Climate Control finally finished. 

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:30 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XHII V8S Ute

NT, Australia

Humidity ruins 8 months of the year! Ray - could you tell me how you got the high series BEM working? I've been wanting to put the electric aerial in my ute for some time but want to fit the BEM to get speed sensitive wipers as well as aerial control. Cheers

Pacies & single 2.5'. New manifold to come soon...

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:57 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

XHII V8S wrote:
could you tell me how you got the high series BEM working? I've been wanting to put the electric aerial in my ute for some time but want to fit the BEM to get speed sensitive wipers as well as aerial control.
There is a doco on this to be officially hosted here (some time in our future :wink:), but for the meantime, go to my doco link in my sig. An aftermarket aerial can be made to work with the high series BEM, it just needs to have the semi/full automatic circuit bypassed. EL BEM's have speed sensitive capability, I've tested this on my wagon, but I can't see any worthwhile gains. You'll find your current variable adjuster to be enough.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:16 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XHII V8S Ute

NT, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
XHII V8S wrote:
could you tell me how you got the high series BEM working? I've been wanting to put the electric aerial in my ute for some time but want to fit the BEM to get speed sensitive wipers as well as aerial control.
There is a doco on this to be officially hosted here (some time in our future :wink:), but for the meantime, go to my doco link in my sig. An aftermarket aerial can be made to work with the high series BEM, it just needs to have the semi/full automatic circuit bypassed. EL BEM's have speed sensitive capability, I've tested this on my wagon, but I can't see any worthwhile gains. You'll find your current variable adjuster to be enough.

Had a look at your BEM doco - plenty of information to change them over. I don't think I'm up to it, I'd probably get an electrician to do it. From your experience, if I chose to switch the BEM to a high series and added the aerial & wipers, would the electronics still work if I didn't wire up the instrument dimming and left it manual?

Pacies & single 2.5'. New manifold to come soon...

Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:40 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

XHII V8S wrote:
Had a look at your BEM doco - plenty of information to change them over. I don't think I'm up to it, I'd probably get an electrician to do it. From your experience, if I chose to switch the BEM to a high series and added the aerial & wipers, would the electronics still work if I didn't wire up the instrument dimming and left it manual?
For what work is involved, you'd be better off installing a semi automatic antenna.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2