Fordmods Logo

XH factory CD option - where does the stacker mount? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: XH factory CD option - where does the stacker mount?
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:55 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: XH XR8

QLD, Australia

G'day from NQ.
Just trying to fit a factory CD stacker in the XH - which I understand is a factory option.

I know that the Stacker fits up under the rear parcel shelf in the sedan, and under the front seat in the wagon - but where does it go in the ute?

Any pics would be greatly appreciated too.

Also, is it possible to fit a factory DL LTD premimum sound system in the XH dash - and would it sound any good?

Thanks for your help!
fordnq

Here, with too many Fords in NQ
1968 GT/CS Stang 289cc;
1970 XW Fairmont 3.6L;
1970 XW Panel Van 2v250 5spd;
1997 Tickford XR8 XH 5spd;
1993 Tickford Clubsprint Capri Convertible NA;
1966 F350 Tiltray Towie 302 cleveland.

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:44 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Sorry Stuart, the XHI ford shop manual doesn't list a stacker as ever being fitted, and I doubt that XHII's had them either, but shouldn't stop you doing your own install.
The premo system might fit, but would need modding of the facia to look factory.
You might be better running an aftermarket HU (with USB for MP3's on flashdrive), and run an amp/s in the fuel tank area if needed.

There are some threads on XH audio, do a search.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EB S1 3.9L Bush basher

WA, Australia

the stacker's can be annoying as they r in the boot (in the sedans) so u gotta stop to change cd. If you leave the cds in on a hot day (when parked) they get f**k up

I dont care how fast your car is, mine goes faster through the bush.

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:08 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: XH XR8

QLD, Australia

Ta for the replies fellas - the Ford XHII promo brochure I've got hold of (with the country lad in the cowboy hat on the front) lists the CD Stacker as an option.

But anyway - you are correct Ray - I should just have a go at modding up the sedan CD stacker boot bracket to fit under my ute's front passenger seat. Yeah some hefty dash mods will be required for the premo sound system - and that might not leave room for the climate control - so I reckon I'll go with mid-series radio unit to drive the factory CD stacker.

Thanks again for your help with the climate control install posts Ray - you truly are a legend!

Stuart

Here, with too many Fords in NQ
1968 GT/CS Stang 289cc;
1970 XW Fairmont 3.6L;
1970 XW Panel Van 2v250 5spd;
1997 Tickford XR8 XH 5spd;
1993 Tickford Clubsprint Capri Convertible NA;
1966 F350 Tiltray Towie 302 cleveland.

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

I think the stacker went under the passengers seat.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:22 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

fordnq wrote:
Ta for the replies fellas - the Ford XHII promo brochure I've got hold of (with the country lad in the cowboy hat on the front) lists the CD Stacker as an option.
Yes, I should read my brochures more carefully - AFF's website has all the XHII ones.

fordnq wrote:
But anyway - you are correct Ray - I should just have a go at modding up the sedan CD stacker boot bracket to fit under my ute's front passenger seat. Yeah some hefty dash mods will be required for the premo sound system - and that might not leave room for the climate control - so I reckon I'll go with mid-series radio unit to drive the factory CD stacker.
If the HU stays in it's default position - you'll have room for the CC. The second unit would have to fit in the ashtray area somehow - there is a bit of space between this area and the ctr console. A mid series HU will be a plug and play fit instead of the low series unit.

fordnq wrote:
Thanks again for your help with the climate control install posts Ray - you truly are a legend!
No probs Stu - be good to see another XH with CC . . . . .

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]