Fordmods Logo

XH ute air conditioning. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: XH ute air conditioning.
Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:07 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 2002 AU Fairlane Sportsman

NSW, Australia

Hi folks, I recently bought a XH ute for a run around and to put light loads in. (Small furniture) The air conditioner wont come on when the switch on the dash is turned on. I hot wired the compressor while the engine was going and the clutch came on and the air conditioner front pulley activated. Can't seem to find either a fuse or relay to check. Help please, where are they?
Also, it rides a bit rough, too used to driving my Fairlane, so I was wondering what rear springs can I use to give it a more comfortable ride. Intending to lower it about 2 inches in the near future as well so the ride is important for comfort. Cheers, AU055

Post subject: Re: XH ute air conditioning.
Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:31 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

MATE
check if there is gas in the air conditioning system there is a sight glass on top of the dryer while you have hot wired the compressor check the sight glass if it is milky you need to recharge with gas the a/c wont work if you are low on gas.

If you are going to lower the suspension get lowered sedan frt springs and place a bag of sand over the rear axle the utes jump around unloaded as they are light in the rear

gassa

When the clutch drops the bull s**t stops!!!!!

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:11 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Thanks bud, I did have a look at the sight glass and it was not milky. I meant to mention that and also it was working the day before. My wife drove the car and for some reson it did not work. Looks like a trip to my local auto electrician for checking and possible regassing.
I was thinking about dropping two 20kg bags of sand into the back and getting some lowered springs for the front. I was thinking that maybe the rear springs from an XE sedan would fit with normal shocks just to give it that little bit more comfort. Thanks for your help. Steve.

Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

XE sedans had coil springs......you need XC or XD sedan rear leaf springs.
Remember this will lower the GVM and tare weight abled to be carried....may have legality issues.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:18 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Thanks, CJH, I will look into the XD springs. I'm not worried about lowering the GVM as this ute will only be used for light loads and will be used more as a run around everyday car than a work horse. If I have something heavy to carry I can always hitch up my heavy duty 7 x 4 trailer.

Cheers,

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]