Fordmods Logo

Xh Ute centre console 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: Xh Ute centre console
Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:12 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Posts: 121

Joined: 8th Oct 2005

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Hi guys,

Back from the wilderness and back with the fords again. Had posted this in interior mods but no reply's so thought i would post here.

I have just bought an XH Outback and i want to remove the middle seat and fit a center console. Can anyone tell me which one fits (XF,EB or EF)? Also do i need to get any brackets with it or is it a straight bolt in? If it makes any difference it is a manual.

Thanks
Steve
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Xh Ute centre console
Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:19 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 326

Joined: 3rd Nov 2009

Ride: AUII XR8 Pursuit & EF XR6

Location: Albion Park
NSW, Australia

My XH XR6 has a EA-ED style centre console in it but if you want something a little more stylish then you can go with a EF-EL or even AU console with little modification.

 

_________________

- 1994 EF XR6, Auto, EL XR wheels. Clean and close to original ( Missus' Kiddie Chariot )
- 2001 AUII XR8 Pursuit ute, 5 speed, 18" alloys, custom tray. Goes alright!! lol

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Xh Ute centre console
Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:21 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 26

Posts: 59

Joined: 14th Feb 2010

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF MK2 XR6 Turbo 6spd manual

Location: Tarago
NSW, Australia

The one in my XH looks the same as the ED

 

_________________

2007 BF MKII XR6T 6 spd Manual, Bionic Blue

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Xh Ute centre console
Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Posts: 121

Joined: 8th Oct 2005

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

jughead302 wrote:
My XH XR6 has a EA-ED style centre console in it but if you want something a little more stylish then you can go with a EF-EL or even AU console with little modification.


Thanks for the reply, Just looking for a straight bolt in. Off hand do you know if your console bolts onto brackets or straight to the floor?

Thanks
Steve
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Xh Ute centre console
Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:33 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Posts: 76

Joined: 7th Jan 2008

Ride: xg van and ute

Location: shitville perth w.a
WA, Australia

sgtsmkr wrote:
jughead302 wrote:
My XH XR6 has a EA-ED style centre console in it but if you want something a little more stylish then you can go with a EF-EL or even AU console with little modification.


Thanks for the reply, Just looking for a straight bolt in. Off hand do you know if your console bolts onto brackets or straight to the floor?

Thanks
Steve

brackets bro
i got a xf sedan (same floorpan) you can copy the hole dimentions/bracket placement/ brackets off
not sure if i'm going to use them in my xg van yet otherwise i'd let you have em for a sixer
otherwise hunt up the wreckers
fordpower in maddington had a few xg/h's when i was last there
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Xh Ute centre console
Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Posts: 121

Joined: 8th Oct 2005

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

alby-73 wrote:
sgtsmkr wrote:
jughead302 wrote:
My XH XR6 has a EA-ED style centre console in it but if you want something a little more stylish then you can go with a EF-EL or even AU console with little modification.


Thanks for the reply, Just looking for a straight bolt in. Off hand do you know if your console bolts onto brackets or straight to the floor?

Thanks
Steve

brackets bro
i got a xf sedan (same floorpan) you can copy the hole dimentions/bracket placement/ brackets off
not sure if i'm going to use them in my xg van yet otherwise i'd let you have em for a sixer
otherwise hunt up the wreckers
fordpower in maddington had a few xg/h's when i was last there


No probs, will head down and have a look.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Xh Ute centre console
Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:33 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 200

Joined: 7th Apr 2007

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: XR6 XH Ute

Location: Narre Warren Sth.
VIC, Australia

ea/eb/ed cpnsoles are a dirrect fit
El/ef need alot of work
AU consoles are almost a direct fit, needs a bracket made up for the back mounts

Cheers
Ben
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Xh Ute centre console
Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:02 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 56

Posts: 122

Joined: 11th Jul 2009

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BF RTV ute

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

Steve,
Is that the small centre seat that bolts to the rear cabin wall and floor?
If so I am after some photos of how it is mounted and how the seat belts for it are fitted.
Cheers

 

_________________

A dog, a bike, a Ute
Live beside a creek and now I wish for summer
Miss those tropical winters

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Xh Ute centre console
Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:04 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Posts: 76

Joined: 7th Jan 2008

Ride: xg van and ute

Location: shitville perth w.a
WA, Australia

Feral wrote:
Steve,
Is that the small centre seat that bolts to the rear cabin wall and floor?
If so I am after some photos of how it is mounted and how the seat belts for it are fitted.
Cheers

xf the same?
one of my parts cars has a bench in it
shoot me a pm with your e-mail address and i'll send some photos back for ya
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Xh Ute centre console
Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:05 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Posts: 121

Joined: 8th Oct 2005

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Feral wrote:
Steve,
Is that the small centre seat that bolts to the rear cabin wall and floor?
If so I am after some photos of how it is mounted and how the seat belts for it are fitted.
Cheers


Sorry for late reply, yes thats the seat. Will get some pics when i get it out.

If you have or can get hold of the little car booklet that came with the ute it has a full page pic of how it all goes together with brackets and seatbelts. I don't have one i was looking at a mates booklet for his longreach.

Cheers Steve
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Xh Ute centre console
Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:18 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 56

Posts: 122

Joined: 11th Jul 2009

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BF RTV ute

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

Cool, had a look and I seem to have everything but the screws.
Still would like to see how those brackets are bolted in.
Weird I searched for months to find this seat. All I need now is the sump guard and LR fuel tank and I am set.

 

_________________

A dog, a bike, a Ute
Live beside a creek and now I wish for summer
Miss those tropical winters

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Xh Ute centre console
Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:54 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Posts: 121

Joined: 8th Oct 2005

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Feral wrote:
Cool, had a look and I seem to have everything but the screws.
Still would like to see how those brackets are bolted in.
Weird I searched for months to find this seat. All I need now is the sump guard and LR fuel tank and I am set.


I can tell you that you may have to drill holes if they are not already there for the top of the d**k seat and the lower bracket as the top of the seat on mine has the two bolts going into it from the well body and the lower bolts go into where the fuel tanks are under the cover on the ute floor. Could be a PITA to line them up and drill them so it sits sqaure.

Will let you know on the sump guard as i am thinking of taking mine off but not sure yet.

Steve
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Xh Ute centre console
Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:38 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 56

Posts: 122

Joined: 11th Jul 2009

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BF RTV ute

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

Yeh, I can see how they bolt up through floor. Have you looked at them yet? Are they in an easily accessed area? I would also like to see what type of bolts they are. Ford no longer carries them!

 

_________________

A dog, a bike, a Ute
Live beside a creek and now I wish for summer
Miss those tropical winters

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Xh Ute centre console
Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:27 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Posts: 121

Joined: 8th Oct 2005

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Feral wrote:
Yeh, I can see how they bolt up through floor. Have you looked at them yet? Are they in an easily accessed area? I would also like to see what type of bolts they are. Ford no longer carries them!


The top bolts are just a std bolt about 1" long and bolt straight into the seat. The lower ones are welded onto the lower bracket and have nylock nuts on the back. Top bolts are easy to get to, lower is a bit fidly but not bad.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Xh Ute centre console
Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:02 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 56

Posts: 122

Joined: 11th Jul 2009

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BF RTV ute

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

OK
Thats good. Ford no longer make them.
What about the lower seat? How are they bolted near the gear shift?
Cheers

 

_________________

A dog, a bike, a Ute
Live beside a creek and now I wish for summer
Miss those tropical winters

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:06 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names