Fordmods Logo

XH ute longreach electrical help 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: XH ute longreach electrical help
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:28 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: xg longreach ute

VIC, Australia

Hello, been reading a few mods and interesting articles. However i ws wondering for some help as ive done searches and just cant seem to find it.
Have a XH longreach ute 96. last week it was cranking but not firing. did some tests and it appears fuel pump gone to poo. So ive changed that yesterday and started it up, and all good.

Now im not sure if this is part of it or just coincidence. Now i have all lights on dash etc, however i dont have the following working...
tacho isnt showing revs.
indicators work, but are not showing on the dash.
oil temp gauge doesnt work.
and digital speedo reading doesnt show.
All other bits do, lights, fan, internal lights, front lights, dash illuminates etc...
Are these somehow connected to fuel pump, as it was a straight swap..but wldnt have tht tacho wold be...it appears to be some fuse but checked under steering and engine bay, and all are ok.
ive disconnected battery for a while then re connect in a hope to re set but nope, so any help on were else i cal look> thankyou

Post subject: Re: XH ute longreach electrical help
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:13 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ford xh xr6

QLD, Australia

I've had the cluster problem before and i replaced it and then was all good, but then 2 days later my engine blew up on me from water going up my intake :| how old is the cluster? and if you do replace it, try get the option 20 police dash because if you know how to you can solder the km's reading chip from old one into your replacement dash. Just my 2 cents.

Post subject: Re: XH ute longreach electrical help
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:14 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: xg longreach ute

VIC, Australia

thanks benny...i had to go to get fuel today so called in and bought bunch of fuses. put the 30 Amp fuse in under the dash. bingo, all worked...

took the old fuse out, and there was noting wrong with it..weird, but all good now, thanks

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]