Fordmods Logo

Ask Papa Smurf (about genuine ford parts) 

Page 8 of 190 [ 2837 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 190  Next

Post subject: Re: Ask Papa Smurf
Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

fairlane6970 wrote:
Well that was an interesting little exercise, most people reckoned that you shouldn't go reco, due to lack of availability of parts to fix 'em, so i bought a new one! prices started at $800+ from Pep's, 700 +gst from a distributor, $590 from Bursons and $545 from Repco of all places (i always thought they were expensive) DRC Racing in Vic had them for $525 + delivery, but i just got it locally at Repco. This is after putting it into an Auto Elec near work ( not my usual guy) who told me no-one makes them with 2pin plugs (why he couldn't adapt it i don't know) So there you go at least it has three year warranty and is a new unit from OEX.

I am glad that you were able to get a new alternator for your car Fairlane. :)

Some Auto elecs and Mechanics are just parts fitters and anything that is too hard gets that type of answer. :)

BTW, Auto Elecs and Mechanics, please don't flame me ok? I am not generalizing. :roll:

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Falcon EF Gli

VIC, Australia

Papa Smurf wrote:
The white one is a mystery to me. To get at it, you need to take off the threaded nut off the end that goes into the pwr strg pump. The Threaded Nut is available new and so you have seen is the seal but, to replace that seal you have to get the threaded nut off, no can do simply. The only way to get that nut OFF is to hacksaw it off or use a nut cracker. But ya still will need to buy a NEW nut which BTW has the white seal inside ?? go figure.

You will need to buy a NEW nut part number F33C 3BF656BA $15.30. I am guessing that your hose is leaking at the back of the pump where the Pipe comes out? normal.

All you need to do is get the OLD one off (be careful not to cut too far) and put the NEW one on and it should fix the problem. The little rubber O ring goes on the end that screws to the rack, not really needed if it isn't leaking down there. :D

Early AU's had the same issue and in AU II they changed the nut fitting and seems to have fixed the problem. Our Used car guys used to do this ALL the time for leaking EL and AU we sold, cheaper than replacing the whole hose and pipe.

Sorry, but i still don't get what nut you mean.... :cry: could anyone explain this with pictures pretty please :|

AsIzZy

My Build Thread:
post994940.html#p994940

For Sale Thread 1
forums/viewtopic.php?t=70845&highlight=

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Pretty pictures? I'm not sure this is even going to show you, but hey - There is some pictures of the pump there at least.... Maybe someone could point you right?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by fiend on Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

asizzy wrote:
Sorry, but i still don't get what nut you mean.... :cry: could anyone explain this with pictures pretty please :|

The nut on the end of the High Pressure line, that is the one that screws into the back of the Power steering pump, it actually is on the end of the HP hose and it needs to come off. This is the one that I suggested you hacksaw off.

On the end of the HP hose pipe the fitting has a groove and it is what locks the nut into place.
Attachment:
Pwrstrg.JPG

In the pic, number 7 is what has to come off the HP hose pipe. You will be unable to pull it off and ti must be hack-sawed to get it off. If you are not comfortable doing it yourself, maybe one of the guys on the Forum who live near you could help? :)

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Best way is length ways as in the same direction as the pipe. I can't draw diagrams for s**t ate sorry or I would. Just be ultra careful you don't cut into the pipe ok?

Nice NEW 24 tooth blade and a sturdy frame, good light and a Vice. :)
Take your time, no race and it will save you heaps :D

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

How different are the AU/BA/BF header tanks compared to the EF/EL.
Reason i ask is there is an alloy one on ebay i am looking at. (here http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... MEWAX%3AIT)

Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

TerroristGHIA wrote:
How different are the AU/BA/BF header tanks compared to the EF/EL.
Reason i ask is there is an alloy one on ebay i am looking at. (here http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... MEWAX%3AIT)

Brett

I guess you could use it if you want but BA/BF don't have the low water level switch in them. It is all a case of being able to find a good place to fit.

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:31 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Good lord, you've been busy here... I really should just ask Ford spare parts, but I'm just curious on several trim bits & pieces on my 97 NL Fairlane Ghia (non-concorde).

Things such as the chrome strips (the whole way around), the sliding boot lock cover, the hood ornament (the silver one, and did they ever have a gold one from factory?) and the LHS cornering light.

Sorry to ask all that, I'm just interested in part numbers and approximate pricing.

Thanks!
--Michael

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: TS40

VIC, Australia

Hey could you see if the AU1/2 TS50 badge on the boot is still available as well as the bonnet badge
i think im going to be scared of the prices :?
Thanks Cam

Was - 2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

Now - 2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock... and a Fuel Card :)

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

theregisteredone wrote:
Good lord, you've been busy here... I really should just ask Ford spare parts, but I'm just curious on several trim bits & pieces on my 97 NL Fairlane Ghia (non-concorde).

Things such as the chrome strips (the whole way around), the sliding boot lock cover, the hood ornament (the silver one, and did they ever have a gold one from factory?) and the LHS cornering light.

Sorry to ask all that, I'm just interested in part numbers and approximate pricing.

Thanks!
--Michael

Rear Bar Chrome insert NF 17772B $163.00, Front Bar insert EL 17E915D L/H and EL 17E914D $141.00 each, the Chrome inserts for the moulds along the doors are now obsolete, front door numbers EL F20860A L/H and R/H, rear door moulds EL F254A58A L/H and R/H.
The hood Ornament is NF 165850A $121.00, there WAS a Concorde one in gold but it is no obsolete, part number was NLH 16850A.
Boot Ornament slider NF F43504A $343.00, the Gold one NLH F43514A is obsolete.
N/S/F cornering light NF 15A202A $120.00.

Hope that helps matey. :)

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

fourL6 wrote:
Hey could you see if the AU1/2 TS50 badge on the boot is still available as well as the bonnet badge
Thanks Cam

The Bonnet badge, part number TAUTVE 16850A is now obsolete as is the boot one obsolete, part number TAUTVE F42528A and TAUTVE F42528E for the Liquid Silver coloured car.
The Rocker panel TS50 badges are still available if you could use one? the AU II TAU2 16098B $67.50, and AU III one TAU3 16098B R/H TAU3 16099BL/H $82.50 each.

It is sad that the parts you are looking for are gone but, that is how things happen. Maybe you could contact Tickford themselves? they might be able to tell you if someone has these things? also, I belong to FordFourms as well as here and they have a T-Series section, it is called the T-Series appreciation room and some of the fellows there may be able to help? http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=178

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:43 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF Mont ZL Lane 4x4 Bronco

QLD, Australia

asizzy wrote:
Haha, thanks...but i haven't removed the pressure line out of the bay, will be hacking it while its in there. :twisted:
And the part number you wrote is incorrect. It's F33C 3F656 BA and got mine for $14.70.

Papa, I've got a EF1 with a AU2 engine and p/s pump, I need to replace this nut too. apparently there are 2 different ones :ef-el-au1 one for au2-3.
the HP hose on mine is original EF1, I think from memory I didn't have to change out the saginaw adaptor bush either, it's sealed up to the AU2 pump fine however for over 2 years now. what nut p/n would you suggest to get? would there be any issues putting on the EF nut to au2 pump?
Dan

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Smee;
No, there won't be at all. You CAN use the BA 3F656B nut if you wish as the hose is the same for AU early and late and the adaptor as well.

If not, the F33C 3F656BA would be your best bet.

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Papa Smurf wrote:
fourL6 wrote:
Thanks Cam

The Bonnet badge, part number TAUTVE 16850A is now obsolete as is the boot one obsolete, part number TAUTVE F42528A and TAUTVE F42528E for the Liquid Silver coloured car.
The Rocker panel TS50 badges are still available if you could use one? the AU II TAU2 16098B $67.50, and AU III one TAU3 16098B R/H TAU3 16099BL/H $82.50 each.

fourL6 wrote:
yeah i keen an eye out on AFF... what about the TS50 on the side skirts... iv got it on one side but only have the S5 for the other (and took it off after my uncle asked if i was trying to be a SS... :? )

The numbers I added there for the Rocker panel badges are the Side Skirt ones, sorry, that is what Ford calls them :)

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

hi,i have a question,are the ef k-frame bushes still available to rebush the whole k-frame,and how much will it cost? thanks..

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Sort by  
 Page 8 of 190  [ 2837 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 190  Next