Fordmods Logo

Ask Papa Smurf (about genuine ford parts) 

Page 7 of 190 [ 2837 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 190  Next

Post subject: Re: Ask Papa Smurf
Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

fairlane6970 wrote:
Hey Papa Smurf and all you other helpful buggars!
i need a NF (EF) 5.0 Alternator as mine is s**t, and no-one seems to have them, the part no is 94DA-10300-BB, it has the 2-pin plug and is rated (as previously mentioned) at 110 amps, i was wondering if there are any US equivalents say from Mustangs or F-series that you might know of, i'd rather buy a new one as reco can be really dodgey these days - can anyone help? some US ones have the 10300-BB with a different prefix as they are American i assume , would these fit- maybe?

The original alternator is obsolete. The brackets for mounting the EF/EL Alternator are specific and it would appear that any other Alternator would not just bolt-up to your vehicle.
AU and later have a different number for the alternator and the bracket setup is totally different. The EF/EL setup is the same as EB/ED V8.

On the AU, the V8 bracket is different to the earlier ones also. The 94DA refers to the year and vehicle that the part was designed for, the 94 is year and the D signifies Falcon.

It sounds like it may be a trial and error as to weather you can get hold of an AU bracket and see if you can fit to your block. I am not sure but I would say that it is a pretty good chance that the OEM would have been Robert Bosch and you should be able to get a good reco from an Auto Electrician.

I did look into using a Mustang one or a F series or Explorer but the mountings are all different. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

I think they are Mitsubishi or similiar it has made in Japan on it and i'm told that regulators are not available as are som others bits for them, OEX lists them as part no. MXA286 apparently, so i might go that way if i have any luck i'll let you know it might help someone else out there (surely i'm not the only one that has a V8)

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

asizzy wrote:
So apart from the Amps being different, Will i be losing anything?

I don't think you will be losing anything really. The AU 1's had Mitsubishi alternators and then did away with them and started using the BA Bosch ones with a rework kit for the wiring. The kit costs $24.20 from a Ford dealer and if memory serves me right, the kit is a connector and terminals? Part Number is AU 10K300A. :)

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

fairlane6970 wrote:
I think they are Mitsubishi or similiar it has made in Japan on it and i'm told that regulators are not available as are som others bits for them, OEX lists them as part no. MXA286 apparently, so i might go that way if i have any luck i'll let you know it might help someone else out there (surely i'm not the only one that has a V8)

There is a part number listed for the EL/NL Regulator EL 10304A and costs $181.00. Unfortunately it doesn't mention the Brand. :(

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Hi Papa Smurf.

Can you tell me if the radiator in the EL V8 has thicker cores than the 6 cyl radiators? Or if it was just EL XR8 radiators that were different? Mine has carked it.

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:10 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EF Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

Quote:
Hey Papa Smurf and all you other helpful buggars!
i need a NF (EF) 5.0 Alternator as mine is s**t, and no-one seems to have them, the part no is 94DA-10300-BB, it has the 2-pin plug and is rated (as previously mentioned) at 110 amps, i was wondering if there are any US equivalents say from Mustangs or F-series that you might know of, i'd rather buy a new one as reco can be really dodgey these days - can anyone help? some US ones have the 10300-BB with a different prefix as they are American i assume , would these fit- maybe?

Maybe I can help???
Auto Electrics Australia have a listing.
94DA10300BB = ALT14791
Give them a call maybe they have one,

Not trying to Hijack.......Just trying to help.

Phil

"Opinions are like A**holes. Everyone has one.....and they are all different"

MY BLOOD IS BLUE!!!!!!
FORD BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Quote:
Maybe I can help???
Auto Electrics Australia have a listing.
94DA10300BB = ALT14791
Give them a call maybe they have one,

Not trying to Hijack.......Just trying to help.

Phil

Nothing wrong with that Phil :D
Welcome to our wonderful forums too. :)

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Vic wrote:
Hi Papa Smurf.

Can you tell me if the radiator in the EL V8 has thicker cores than the 6 cyl radiators? Or if it was just EL XR8 radiators that were different? Mine has carked it.

All the radiators now supplied by Ford for EF/EL have been ratified, the V8 & 6cyl Auto are all the same EF 8005Y $347.00 and the Manual ones are EF 8005Z $470.00. These radiators are listed to also fit GT's and XR's but I think they are just a standard core.

Ford have done the same with AU 6cyl and V8, the original Copper core radiators are LONG gone.

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:33 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Hi Papa,

Are carpet mats for AU XRs still available? Do you have a part number for a set with blue stitching and a price?

Cheers, love you work.

Ian

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

asizzy wrote:
Just how different are the BA alts to the EF..... Am thinking of getting the kit to change to AU then putting it on my EF. Were talking about I6 now.

There is a kit to adapt an AU alternator to an EF? The front bracket of the alternator is where your problem starts.

These people have alternators for EF/EL http://www.onlineautoelectrics.com.au/home.php

And for AU/BA

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ian_d wrote:
Hi Papa,
Are carpet mats for AU XRs still available? Do you have a part number for a set with blue stitching and a price?
Cheers, love you work.

Ian

Ian, thank you. :)

As to your Mats the only set still listed for AU XR's lists no colour variation and they are Warm Charcoal (Black) with the XR logo AU2F 13002C6 $191.20.

I have a set of BA XR mats in my AU, they do fit and I like them. You can buy the BA/BF ones in Warm Charcoal with the XR logo and Blue surrounds BAF 13002FA $113.00.

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:25 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Thanks Mr Smurf! I was told previously they weren't a good fit but if you're happy with them it sounds like a better option. Are the BA/BF ones available in just the front two mats?

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ian_d wrote:
Thanks Mr Smurf! I was told previously they weren't a good fit but if you're happy with them it sounds like a better option. Are the BA/BF ones available in just the front two mats?

Yes they are but the price difference is about $10.00 BACF 13002FA $102.00.

Just a bit of advice, if you do buy them make sure you use the clips that come with the kit to hold down the drivers side mat to the carpet. I see so many mats ruined because people don't do that and then come to buy ONE mat from us then get s**t because you cannot buy just ONE. :)

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Falcon EF Gli

VIC, Australia

Papa,
Gotta a question. I went to Ford and asked them for the o-ring for the high pressure line on the power steering pump and i was given a white plastic ring and a black rubber ring. I figured where the black one goes but the white one don't have a clue. Can you shed some light, please and can you confirm the black one to if i got it right.
Thanks

AsIzZy

My Build Thread:
post994940.html#p994940

For Sale Thread 1
forums/viewtopic.php?t=70845&highlight=

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

asizzy wrote:
Papa,
Gotta a question. I went to Ford and asked them for the o-ring for the high pressure line on the power steering pump and i was given a white plastic ring and a black rubber ring. I figured where the black one goes but the white one don't have a clue. Can you shed some light, please and can you confirm the black one to if i got it right.
Thanks

The white one is a mystery to me. To get at it, you need to take off the threaded nut off the end that goes into the pwr strg pump. The Threaded Nut is available new and so you have seen is the seal but, to replace that seal you have to get the threaded nut off, no can do simply. The only way to get that nut OFF is to hacksaw it off or use a nut cracker. But ya still will need to buy a NEW nut which BTW has the white seal inside ?? go figure.

You will need to buy a NEW nut part number F33C 3BF656BA $15.30. I am guessing that your hose is leaking at the back of the pump where the Pipe comes out? normal.

All you need to do is get the OLD one off (be careful not to cut too far) and put the NEW one on and it should fix the problem. The little rubber O ring goes on the end that screws to the rack, not really needed if it isn't leaking down there. :D

Early AU's had the same issue and in AU II they changed the nut fitting and seems to have fixed the problem. Our Used car guys used to do this ALL the time for leaking EL and AU we sold, cheaper than replacing the whole hose and pipe.

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 190  [ 2837 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 190  Next