Page 3 of 11 [ 153 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

must i do everything??? lol, na its cool

CAT. NO. RP3975
CAT. NO. RR3340

just with the 1 ohm, its not essential, but at least if you have it in there, you have the option of using it. eg. the adjustibleness of it all

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

Well finally got around to getting to jaycar. I got the last resistor.

Soldered it all up.

Went for the install.

Installed it great.....all of ten mins to get it running.

Tomorrow when i get some sunlight i am going to go out and solder the joints and take some photos. Then run the cable to the dash and mounts the switch. I will mount the switch infront of the cup holders (where my driving light switch is).

Ill get that updated to the doco's then later when i can be bothered ill get the adjustable one going.

Ill lookup to see if my EL pin outs are different and i need to see if the V8 pinouts and resistances are right.

HOLDENS go like rockets. They fall apart in stages!!!

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

nice work stomper hope ya enjoy it.

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

i put another 1 ohm in mine the other day. just the right amount of lockup at WOT.

the pot goes from 1 - 6 ohm now

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Really got to finish this doco. LOL. The EF i6 part is done. Maybe ill email it to happy.

Post subject: EF shift kit
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:25 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: BF F6 Rspec, XF Panelvan 460 v8

Power: 367 rwkw

New Zealand

Just finished building and fitting my Shift kit direct off these diagrams,
Into my EF XR6 Cheapest performance mod I have ever made WWWAAA HHHOOO what a difference. It makes my car feel heaps better and must make a difference to my quarter mile times.....thanks for all the info.

BF MkII F6 R Spec Typhoon, 6 spd Manual , Conquer blue and loving it...also xf panelvan 460 v8 FG G6ET Interior

Post subject: Re: EF shift kit
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

bigmat wrote:
Just finished building and fitting my Shift kit direct off these diagrams,
Into my EF XR6 Cheapest performance mod I have ever made WWWAAA HHHOOO what a difference. It makes my car feel heaps better and must make a difference to my quarter mile times.....thanks for all the info.

Yeah i thought it made a difference to the 1/4 time but people here say it doesn't.

For me its the difference between being in par with a VY and being a car length ahead.

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:55 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: BF F6 Rspec, XF Panelvan 460 v8

Power: 367 rwkw

New Zealand

Seems to feel as though it changes quicker, I did notice that it seemed to hold the gear longer though. I reckon with my other mods it is all starting to come together. into a V8 beater, (Holdung one anyways) anybody know what happens if I fit an aftermarket ecu, do I need to change all this back to original?

BF MkII F6 R Spec Typhoon, 6 spd Manual , Conquer blue and loving it...also xf panelvan 460 v8 FG G6ET Interior

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

bigmat wrote:
Seems to feel as though it changes quicker, I did notice that it seemed to hold the gear longer though. I reckon with my other mods it is all starting to come together. into a V8 beater, (Holdung one anyways) anybody know what happens if I fit an aftermarket ecu, do I need to change all this back to original?

I feel as it changes quicker.

I think it all depends what after market ECU you get. Maybe some have that feature inbuilt but my guess is it should be alright with a after market ECU.

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:54 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

So with the EF I6 wiring diagram and doco, what will need to be changed to make this mod work in a EBII? like are there different pinouts and do they resistors need to be of different values?

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

skooter888 wrote:
So with the EF I6 wiring diagram and doco, what will need to be changed to make this mod work in a EBII? like are there different pinouts and do they resistors need to be of different values?

Well seeing as a EL trans will go into a EF and even a EB II then i think that resistor values will be alright. I think the problem here will be the S5 solinoid. If you have a workshop manual then have a look at the transmission diagram and find out what pin that is.

Maybe try google.

The reason i havnt finished the doco is because i dont have any photos of my installation and that i want to know if the V8 pin outs are the same.

I would also like to add AU and the early E series to it but that requires work that i have to find some time for.

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:15 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Quote:
Well seeing as a EL trans will go into a EF and even a EB II then i think that resistor values will be alright. I think the problem here will be the S5 solinoid. If you have a workshop manual then have a look at the transmission diagram and find out what pin that is.

Maybe try google.

The reason i havnt finished the doco is because i dont have any photos of my installation and that i want to know if the V8 pin outs are the same.

I would also like to add AU and the early E series to it but that requires work that i have to find some time for.

i may have solved your problem for early e-series part, i found this info on mechanical forums, the pins for eb-ed are 57 and 38, the resistors for 57 are 20ohm(18ohm for firmer) and pin 38 is 1ohm(1.2ohm for firmer) so if i use this new info with the ef i6 diagram in this thread will this work?

Mike

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

skooter888 wrote:
Quote:

Maybe try google.

i may have solved your problem for early e-series part, i found this info on mechanical forums, the pins for eb-ed are 57 and 38, the resistors for 57 are 20ohm(18ohm for firmer) and pin 38 is 1ohm(1.2ohm for firmer) so if i use this new info with the ef i6 diagram in this thread will this work?

Mike

Will get to updating the doco. This makes me think the ECU may be different.

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:40 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Here you go i wipped this up for you, but still this diagram is unproven so dont use it until its been tried, in saying this the pin number and resistors have been.

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:44 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

ok I had a look on jaycar and I cant seem to find a 1ohm or 20ohm 10watt wire wound resistor, am i blind or something or dont they make these?

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 11  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next