Fordmods Logo

SHIFT KITS 

Page 7 of 11 [ 153 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL XR6

Is it ok to just cut and strip the yellow wire coming from pin 29, and just solder wire 1 to it? Or do you actually have to put wire 1 in where the yellow wire was coming out of?
Any other ideas why its not working? If all else fails, I'll take it out tomorrow, try to get it working normally and then re-install.

EL XR6 Manual
Tickford Kit, 18" ANZ's, Kings SL/SSL & Sachs.

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

Splice means the same as to tap it. What i did was get a knife and cut an inch of shielding off the wire. Then strip wire 1 and solder it to pin 29. Tape it up.

As to the comment of chirping.....well depends. In my EF no matter what i couldnt get it to chirp. It annoyed me cause it did for most people.

I changed the trans fluid...well 80% of it and thats when the car really started to perform. I also found that in the wet i took off hard without spinning and from 1st to 2nd i had the wheels spinning inbetween the lights here.

Reminder to not use it in the hills because it can chage in a corner when you have half throttle and spin you out....my mate kept switching it one and i nearly lost it cause of it....now he doesnt touch it.

HOLDENS go like rockets. They fall apart in stages!!!

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:45 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Thanks man.
Making some progress.....after leaving the battery disconnected for a while, i restarted it. It backfired big time (blue spark from the airbox) but on the next start it was all good. The auto went from 1st to 2nd (like the feel of it :)) but then when it reached 3rd, it stuck there and continued to act as if in LHM.

EL XR6 Manual

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:59 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AU series 2 ute

QLD, Australia

mine got stuck in third and it was a faulty park switch on the side of the gearbox.
And a good auto service makes a difference

Holden's are a phase you go through then you grow some nuts and buy a FORD!!!!!!![/u]

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:25 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Took the shift kit out today and wired it back to normal which fixed the LHM problem. Getting an auto service tomorrow and i remade the shift kit so after the service i'll re-install and hopefully it should work.

EL XR6 Manual

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:16 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Finally finished!
Got the auto service to fix a few leaks, new exhaust and the shift kits up and running.
I figured out that instead of splicing the wire into pin29, i had just soldered it to the end closest to the ecu and left the other side attached to nothing.
The 'soft' position is pretty firm, and the "firm position doesnt seem too much different to "off", so i think i mightve wired the switch backwards or need to fix up the connections on one of the resistors.

EL XR6 Manual

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

good to hear that it now works. Get any chirping?

HOLDENS go like rockets. They fall apart in stages!!!

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:47 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

yeah i got a massive chirp/wheelspin/f**k look out the first time i planted it.

Was going down a slight hill and it slammed into 2nd & jerked the car sideways kinda like a compression lockup in a manual box.

Ive decided its a drag strip thing only. Mainly there for the novelty of the thing

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:41 am 
Stock as a Rock

Yeah at WOT in a straight line you def get chirps into 2nd, makes corners fun.
Every once in a while my car is dying as if its a flat battery but after fiddling with the neg terminal on the battery, it fixes itself. Hopefully this is just a pooped battery and not anything to do with the shift kit, as it'd be dissappointing to have to take it out now.

EL XR6 Manual

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: Fairlane NC

VIC, Australia

im super keen to do one of these for my fairlane its an NC. EB1. i have read the docs and i see the wiring diagrams and everything. but i just want to be 100% on what pins and what resisters to use.

sorry if this is going over and over again but i dont want to f**k up when im dealing with the elecs.

im gonna put a switch in the dash nect to the demister

NC Fairlane Ghia. AU engine. Pacemaker 4499. 2.5" Redback Zorst, tints, red dash. 17in ba xr (e-series). Suzuki Across (suzi) Sexy in Black

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

SlickNCGhia wrote:
im super keen to do one of these for my fairlane its an NC. EB1. i have read the docs and i see the wiring diagrams and everything. but i just want to be 100% on what pins and what resisters to use.

sorry if this is going over and over again but i dont want to f**k up when im dealing with the elecs.

im gonna put a switch in the dash nect to the demister

just letting you know that the necassary wires that you will have to tap into arn't from the ECU, your NC has a seperate transmission ECU to the left of the brake pedal :)

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:23 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Yeah its a bit nerve-wracking cutting into wire looms and stuff for the first time, but its always good to know that if you mess something up, you can just remove the kit and re-wire how it was originally.
Mines an EB1. Should be pin 7 and 29 (ones green, the other yellow), using 10w 5.6ohm and 10w 18ohm resistors.
I could try to get pics if it would help?

EL XR6 Manual

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: Fairlane NC

VIC, Australia

EBMontTom wrote:
Yeah its a bit nerve-wracking cutting into wire looms and stuff for the first time, but its always good to know that if you mess something up, you can just remove the kit and re-wire how it was originally.
Mines an EB1. Should be pin 7 and 29 (ones green, the other yellow), using 10w 5.6ohm and 10w 18ohm resistors.
I could try to get pics if it would help?

cheers and theyre pin 7 and 29 on the transission cpu. ok ill have a look and see if i have one lol

NC Fairlane Ghia. AU engine. Pacemaker 4499. 2.5" Redback Zorst, tints, red dash. 17in ba xr (e-series). Suzuki Across (suzi) Sexy in Black

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:40 pm 
Stock as a Rock

If your auto is a 4 speed, it'll have one. Its a silver box with two yellow plugs coming out of it, each of which with a heap of wires running off it. Located just above the footrest.

EL XR6 Manual

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:10 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EL Falcon Futura

NSW, Australia

Hi guys,
I made the shift kit for my EL, the pins are different for an EL so i found that 71 = 57 and 81 = 38

Can i please confirm that this is correct because i installed it today and it didnt make any difference.

Thanks

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 11  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next