Fordmods Logo

SHIFT KITS 

 

Page 9 of 11 [ 153 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

 
 Post subject: Re: SHIFT KITS
Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:21 am 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 26

Posts: 399

Joined: 19th Dec 2008

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: '62 mercury/au xr6/zh 'lane

Location: Ballarat
VIC, Australia

Theres a bajillion threads on this already mate. Even in this thread it explains briefly what it does.

 

_________________

How many bears could Bear Grylls grill if Bear Grylls could grill bears?

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: SHIFT KITS
Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:03 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 44

Posts: 8

Joined: 4th Oct 2009

Ride: EF Fairmont Ghia

Location: Soon to be Nambour.... ON THE MOVE
QLD, Australia

Any luck with the V8 Pin numbers yet???
Want to do this to my EF V8.

 

_________________

"Opinions are like A**holes. Everyone has one.....and they are all different"

MY BLOOD IS BLUE!!!!!!
FORD BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: SHIFT KITS
Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 45

Posts: 3763

Joined: 25th Nov 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

Location: Sydney Australia
NSW, Australia

You need the pins from the V8 Trans computer. It wont work using the 6 pinouts. I may have it round here some where.
Will have a look
Brett

 

_________________

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: SHIFT KITS
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:06 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 44

Posts: 8

Joined: 4th Oct 2009

Ride: EF Fairmont Ghia

Location: Soon to be Nambour.... ON THE MOVE
QLD, Australia

Thanks Brett.
Really want to get this on the go.
The current shift is just to slow for my liking.

 

_________________

"Opinions are like A**holes. Everyone has one.....and they are all different"

MY BLOOD IS BLUE!!!!!!
FORD BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: SHIFT KITS
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 45

Posts: 3763

Joined: 25th Nov 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

Location: Sydney Australia
NSW, Australia

Am unable to find it. Maybe send 67RCE a PM, he should have them.
Brett

 

_________________

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: SHIFT KITS
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:42 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 28

Posts: 2

Joined: 21st Oct 2009

Ride: Ford Falcon EF

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

So, after realising there are about 100 or so pages to read about shift kits I skimmed a fair bit.
Basically, if I want wire a potentiometer to the kit, I leave the two resistors out and bang one of those in place? That would allow me to adjust the resistance right? I sure hope so or I just wasted a lot of reading time.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: SHIFT KITS
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:49 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 26

Posts: 399

Joined: 19th Dec 2008

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: '62 mercury/au xr6/zh 'lane

Location: Ballarat
VIC, Australia

890 wrote:
So, after realising there are about 100 or so pages to read about shift kits I skimmed a fair bit.
Basically, if I want wire a potentiometer to the kit, I leave the two resistors out and bang one of those in place? That would allow me to adjust the resistance right? I sure hope so or I just wasted a lot of reading time.

No
You will still need at least one resistor, because you are essentially cutting the S5 line, so if you leave out the resistor (when the shift is turned off the resistor is activated to mimic normal trans operation) then the trans will most likely just go straight into LHM. Thats my understanding anyway

Yeah I reckon youd need the one that goes on wire 71. Look back a page or 2, I posted a diagram of how to make it with a pot, a switch and an LED.

 

_________________

How many bears could Bear Grylls grill if Bear Grylls could grill bears?

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: SHIFT KITS
Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:09 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 28

Posts: 2

Joined: 21st Oct 2009

Ride: Ford Falcon EF

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

Ahhh, that makes sense. Thanks very much, I'll be giving it a go in the next few weeks.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: SHIFT KITS
Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:05 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 26

Posts: 399

Joined: 19th Dec 2008

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: '62 mercury/au xr6/zh 'lane

Location: Ballarat
VIC, Australia

Im trying to compile all the info into a big easy to understnad diagram with the pinouts for all the models. Has anyone found out the v8 TCM pinouts yet?

 

_________________

How many bears could Bear Grylls grill if Bear Grylls could grill bears?

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: SHIFT KITS
Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:27 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 102

Joined: 30th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: V8 LTD DC

Location: Cranbourne
VIC, Australia

93_eb_fairmont wrote:
Im trying to compile all the info into a big easy to understnad diagram with the pinouts for all the models. Has anyone found out the v8 TCM pinouts yet?

Image

 

_________________


BA XT Wagon 2004 -daily driver
LTD DCII V8 1993
NC-1 1991
NA-II Sportsman 1990- budget project going very slow: full respray is in progress, XR6 engine, rebuild auto, lowered, 3.45 LSD, extractors, LTD leather electric seats, thermofans, NF door trims, NF door handles, complete NCII wiring.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: SHIFT KITS
Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:18 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

93_eb_fairmont wrote:
Im trying to compile all the info into a big easy to understnad diagram with the pinouts for all the models. Has anyone found out the v8 TCM pinouts yet?

I am actually in the middle of deciphering the pin outs for the TCM, soon I will have an answer for the V8 guys as to which pinout should be the correct one for an Electronic Shift kit for a 5.0 Auto.

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: SHIFT KITS
Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1543

Joined: 7th Mar 2007

Ride: ED Pwnage Pwr!!

Location: onawhoopwhoop
SA, Australia

67RCE wrote:
93_eb_fairmont wrote:
Im trying to compile all the info into a big easy to understnad diagram with the pinouts for all the models. Has anyone found out the v8 TCM pinouts yet?

I am actually in the middle of deciphering the pin outs for the TCM, soon I will have an answer for the V8 guys as to which pinout should be the correct one for an Electronic Shift kit for a 5.0 Auto.


Dunno if this helps but heres the pinouts for the AU V8 EEC

1 Shift Solenoid 2
6 Transmission Control Engine Torque Output (MMI)
27 Shift Solenoid 1
28 Shift Solenoid 4
37 Transmission Fluid Temp
53 Shift solenoid 3
64 Transmission range sensor
81 Variable Pressure solenoid 5
94 Power Control solenoid 6
96 Lock up solenoid 7

 

_________________

Adelaide Motorplex < Click on it! You know you want too!
ED HP AU XR6, Wade, T5, and all the usual stuff!

Quote:
Thats not the point *a**hole

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: SHIFT KITS
Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

4LEDboy wrote:
67RCE wrote:
93_eb_fairmont wrote:
Im trying to compile all the info into a big easy to understnad diagram with the pinouts for all the models. Has anyone found out the v8 TCM pinouts yet?

I am actually in the middle of deciphering the pin outs for the TCM, soon I will have an answer for the V8 guys as to which pinout should be the correct one for an Electronic Shift kit for a 5.0 Auto.


Dunno if this helps but heres the pinouts for the AU V8 EEC

1 Shift Solenoid 2
6 Transmission Control Engine Torque Output (MMI)
27 Shift Solenoid 1
28 Shift Solenoid 4
37 Transmission Fluid Temp
53 Shift solenoid 3
64 Transmission range sensor
81 Variable Pressure solenoid 5
94 Power Control solenoid 6
96 Lock up solenoid 7


thanks mate, that may come in handy, I'm going to sort out E-Series V8 and then see if EA2 4spd trans ECU is the same. I will post results and pinouts as soon as I have sussed them out.

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: SHIFT KITS
Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:28 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 26

Posts: 399

Joined: 19th Dec 2008

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: '62 mercury/au xr6/zh 'lane

Location: Ballarat
VIC, Australia

67RCE wrote:
4LEDboy wrote:
67RCE wrote:
93_eb_fairmont wrote:
Im trying to compile all the info into a big easy to understnad diagram with the pinouts for all the models. Has anyone found out the v8 TCM pinouts yet?

I am actually in the middle of deciphering the pin outs for the TCM, soon I will have an answer for the V8 guys as to which pinout should be the correct one for an Electronic Shift kit for a 5.0 Auto.


Dunno if this helps but heres the pinouts for the AU V8 EEC

1 Shift Solenoid 2
6 Transmission Control Engine Torque Output (MMI)
27 Shift Solenoid 1
28 Shift Solenoid 4
37 Transmission Fluid Temp
53 Shift solenoid 3
64 Transmission range sensor
81 Variable Pressure solenoid 5
94 Power Control solenoid 6
96 Lock up solenoid 7


thanks mate, that may come in handy, I'm going to sort out E-Series V8 and then see if EA2 4spd trans ECU is the same. I will post results and pinouts as soon as I have sussed them out.


That would be great mate if you can do that. From my understanding of it though all we should need then is pin 81 then a 12v source?
Oh, missed the 2nd part of your post. We already have the EA TCM pinouts. Its in the other thread I started. All's I need now from a 6cyl perspective is how the wires are numbered on the TCM's, how to get to them and the colour of the wires we need. And then obviousely the V8 TCM wiring for this.

 

_________________

How many bears could Bear Grylls grill if Bear Grylls could grill bears?

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: SHIFT KITS
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1543

Joined: 7th Mar 2007

Ride: ED Pwnage Pwr!!

Location: onawhoopwhoop
SA, Australia

What info did you need for the trans controllers?

 

_________________

Adelaide Motorplex < Click on it! You know you want too!
ED HP AU XR6, Wade, T5, and all the usual stuff!

Quote:
Thats not the point *a**hole

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 9 of 11  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:28 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names