Fordmods Logo

3.45lsd behind BW40 auto, Which Speedo ???? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: 3.45lsd behind BW40 auto, Which Speedo ????
Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:10 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 86 FE LTD Long,Black&Low

QLD, Australia

Hey everyone,
I have installed a 3.45 lsd into my project car and soon it will be time to get ready for a roadworthy and i remembered that i have not changed speedo drives yet.

The original diff ratio was 2.77:1 and is in a 86 LTD with factory 3spd auto BW model 40. Now i have also fitted 18" rims with a rolling diametre of about 2-3% more than standard so i can probably pinch cogs from a 3.55:1 speedo and still be within the ball park so question is:
Where am i going to find the right "gear"/ which colour/ any other issues i am going to have. At the moment she sits on about 100-110 when i am only doing roughly 60 so i dont think she will pass a roadworthy like this so help me please!!!!!!!

n00bus m@x1mus

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:22 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

mate i have 4.11 in mine sits on 132 when in really doing 100 an it passed roadworthy no problem

SWAP MY DL LTD V8 Sunroof Leather Sports Exhaust Gas Tint
FOR A SEDAN OR STATION WAGON 6

0413843332 Paul

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:34 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 86 FE LTD Long,Black&Low

QLD, Australia

purped wrote:
mate i have 4.11 in mine sits on 132 when in really doing 100 an it passed roadworthy no problem

Yeah thanks but it is not really the roadworthy part i am concerned about, I would like to know how many kays i am actually doing when the fuzz are coming the other way and all you know.

Also it is not just the speedometer that will be incorrect as with the LTDs they use that reading to calculate many different displays on the dash so they would all be out by a mile so i do want to sort this out best can be done.

Plus when u have come to a certain point in a car build when u have not cut a corner or spared a cent then i think it would be foolish to just forget about it.
Thanks

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]