3 different noises from my wheel 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: 3 different noises from my wheel
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:03 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: BA XT 6

ACT, Australia

I now have 3 separate noses coming from my front left of my ba.
First one I noticed was the sorta chaffing "fffffffffft fffffffft ffffffffft" sound. I notice alot of Falcons and Commos have this have this when they drive by slowly. From what I gather from other posts its a dust plate thing for the brakes or something. Its been around for years and its damn annoying but I can kinda live with it.

Next noise I noticed was about a year ago when this "woooong wooong wooong" sort of mid-toned sound, appeared from the same wheel.

Its just been for a 45000k service and after a few days driving it, I'm also getting this higher pitch mouse squeal sound in addition to the above sounds; coming from that wheel. Keeping with the last two sounds I'll put this into words as well..."iiiiiiiiiing iiiiiiiing iiiiiiiing"

Has anyone had these problems develop or is it just my car? I only get these noises when driving slow say under 10km/h.

Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

Sounds like a handbrake out of adjustment, very common on BA's. How far up does your handbrake lever come, shouldn't be any more then a few clicks and it should hold the car firmly then.

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:19 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: BA XT 6

ACT, Australia

Before the service, the handbrake could be pulled up quite a bit and wouldn't hold the car after some driving. The handbrake was tightened from the service and now only comes up a few clicks. But it was after the service that the mouse squeal came up.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]