Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 98 NL, 97NL, 98EL

Power: 141 rwkw

QLD, Australia

krisisdog wrote:
Mmmmmmm.. nah

Lets say your reving to 5k rpm before changing gears.
T5 + 3.23 rear end.
1st = 58
2nd = 95

T5 + 3.45 rear end.
1st = 55
2nd = 88

T5 + 3.7 rear end.
1st = 50
2nd = 84

Wheres your 30km out of first come in?

sorry was thinking of the 4.11's that are in a EA at work ..

BANNED!!!!

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:13 pm 
VIC Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: ed

VIC, Australia

ok well i think i should tell your guys a lil more about what im wanting ouit of the car. i really wanna go like a rocket off the line and i don't care about where i top out as long as its over 150km coz at that point i cant go that fast an still have a licensee so ide just wana burn all rice burners and comonh*rs off the line... well almost all

94 White ED Wagon
eaton M112 supercharger, lowered a tad, extractors, 2.5" exhaust, T5 , custom SureCam supercharger cam, 3.45 lokka, 2 piece tailshaft, poyair bags in the back, TSS front Skirt, Sprint skirts, XR wagon spoiler.
soon to get: AU diff, upc 330mm brakes, Vapor LPG injection.

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:23 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

soo basicly quick off the line and 150km top speed is 1/4 racing... soo the general guidlines are, if your planning on turboing go the auto, for N/A the manual. the manual does require a fair bit more skill though.

p.s. be carefull not to turn your car into too much of a pig, my car with an EA T5 and 3.45's sits at 2700rpm @ 110kph, and laticia is right 1st is blindingly short you barely get off the clutch on a hard launch, good fun though. the other point is if your after the "traffic light drags" the manual has to give itself away fairly often by sitting waiting for the green at 3000+rpm, the auto you can be a bit more stealthy :P

latest mod: A Service
MY BUILD THREAD

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:46 pm 
VIC Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: ed

VIC, Australia

well i don't mind a good cruse but its on gas so i don care too much at $25 a tank. but yeah i want to eat all that try to beat me and am i right in saying it will have a better note with a manual rather than an auto ill be looking at a new motor soon that i will build with my uncle a ef/el bottom block with a shaved 3.9 head xrc6 cam bigger springs ect i want it to really hammer!! and for a wagon it will be a sleeper and a hopefully will really screw all those skyline sh*ts

94 White ED Wagon
eaton M112 supercharger, lowered a tad, extractors, 2.5" exhaust, T5 , custom SureCam supercharger cam, 3.45 lokka, 2 piece tailshaft, poyair bags in the back, TSS front Skirt, Sprint skirts, XR wagon spoiler.
soon to get: AU diff, upc 330mm brakes, Vapor LPG injection.

Post subject: Re: 4 spd auto or 5spd manual?
Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:28 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

ausedwagon wrote:
im thinking of putting a t5 kit in my ed wagon im just wondering if its worth it tho.
Ive had mixed responses from people and i see a lot of you guys do it but have any of you withed u didn't or lost power afterward?

welll ..... the '88 EA 's' i have here ain'tthat quick with the 2.77 diff, soo i bought a EA 5sp wagoon & wow made alot of differance [runs a 2.92 diff]

bought a '90 EA with the 4sp auto [damaged car] & found it has a 3.23 diff

sooo [i'm getin ta the end :roll: ] the 5sp is goin in the 's' with the diff outa the '90 which should give me good accelleration of the line..........even if it is with a 3.9 :oops:

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

BenJ wrote:

Remember that the gearbox does not change how much power your engine makes, it changes the way it is delivered.

no but if the auto isnt in excellent condition then the power at the wheels can vary greatly

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

BenJ wrote:
Yes, there are issues that can arise. oh yes and they will....cable clutch and e series fords dont mix

Firewall can crack, the pedal box can crack and bend, you can reach through the window and start the car thinking it is neutral when it's not, and it will drive away from you.

BenJ
:wink:

EF Ghia 5L V8
BAMk2 XR8 Velocity/Cobra 19's

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:06 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

BenJ wrote:
Yes, there are issues that can arise.

Firewall can crack, the pedal box can crack and bend, you can reach through the window and start the car thinking it is neutral when it's not, and it will drive away from you.

BenJ

yeah....x had a factory '90 model

i repaired the firewall & the peddle box myself [weld, grind then plate/weld], replaced the steering column & arc welded the boot strut mounts behind the rear seats

the firewall just needs a betta/bigger plate not the little piece of crap they fitted :roll:

Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:20 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

My opinion:

If your interested in strait line speed, drag etc, stick with auto, maybe install a shift kit.

If you're interested in having more fun IMO you can't go past T5, and the conversion is worth it :D

E-series

Post subject: Re:
Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

Sommers NL wrote:
manual with 3.7+ ? you will get too 30kph in first gear, you will pass the 1/4 in prob 5th as above with the right stall, and gears, i still think the auto will be quicker down the 1/4
I know my NL thats 400kg heavier than my friends EL XR6 5 speed, always beats it, maybe not off the mark, but i always get passed by about 80kph

I just always get both wheels spinning of the mark ..

Rollin, ED GLI Turbo, 6 speed - 1.8sec 60', OED666 ED Futura N/A 6 speed - 1.9sec 60' you sure Auto is quicker?

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Post subject: Re:
Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:59 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: DC LTD V8

VIC, Australia

BenJ wrote:
Yes, there are issues that can arise.

BenJ

I Lol'd

DC LTD V8 pure style

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2