Fordmods Logo

4EE Diff Any Ideas What That Is ? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: 4EE Diff Any Ideas What That Is ?
Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

my nf came with a 4EE 3.23:1 Diff ive searched high and low and cant find out if this number is LSD or not so im hoping someone might know

ive had both wheels spin at times but sometimes have say for eg the left wheel spinning by its self then at other times just the right one and not the left its confusing idk what it is

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Post subject: Re: 4EE Diff Any Ideas What That Is ?
Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

If it says 3.23 and doesnt have a tag saying lsd it proably isnt, my car spins 2 in the grass and its a 3.23 without lsd

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

I have noticed that the Fairlanes ( NF & NL ) tended to get 4 pinion open centre diffs.....and they have a tag too, just says it's a high performance diff......it may be missing???

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

not tag but i do know the idiot who owned it before me did fiddle with s**t in the rear and didnt know how to do up s**t as half the bolts on the car were loose or about to come out the other half must of been done up with a ruttle gun or something as they were stripped and impossible to remove and had to be replaced so ive replaced/fixed alot in my NF due to idiots prehand owning the car so its possible they undone the/remove the high perf tag at some point

am i better off with a 3.45:1 ?

or a higher ratio ?

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

Fordsrule174 wrote:
not tag but i do know the idiot who owned it before me did fiddle with s**t in the rear and didnt know how to do up s**t as half the bolts on the car were loose or about to come out the other half must of been done up with a ruttle gun or something as they were stripped and impossible to remove and had to be replaced so ive replaced/fixed alot in my NF due to idiots prehand owning the car so its possible they undone the/remove the high perf tag at some point

am i better off with a 3.45:1 ?

or a higher ratio ?

3.45's will give slightly better acceleration.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]