Fordmods Logo

500HP Diff and Gearbox Suggestions 

Page 2 of 4 [ 48 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: 500HP Diff and Gearbox Suggestions
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:29 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL XR8 363 stroker

Power: 260 rwkw

WTF is all your problem krissisdog? why are you you giving this poor bloke a hard time! he asking for advise on transsmission/diff combos that can haddle 500hp, not how to reach those numbers! obviosly you know nothing about about trans or diffs because you keep going off subject. krissisdog why dont you do all us v8 owners a favour and stick to the (6 cylinder) section because you know nothing and your contributing to the forums recent increase in bullsh!t.

Thanks Matt

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

Theres plenty of smart asses on this forum, they can also be helpful at times so I just take the good comments and ignore the s**t,

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

capare wrote:
WTF is all your problem krissisdog? why are you you giving this poor bloke a hard time! he asking for advise on transsmission/diff combos that can haddle 500hp, not how to reach those numbers! obviosly you know nothing about about trans or diffs because you keep going off subject. krissisdog why dont you do all us v8 owners a favour and stick to the (6 cylinder) section because you know nothing and your contributing to the forums recent increase in bullsh!t.

Thanks Matt

Because the OP has no idea! a 500hp 302 is being pushed HARD and will make peak power at 6000+rpm and peak torque at 5000+rpm

Seriously, 500hp, the BW78 will be fine. If manual, TKO600 or T56. Auto C4/6, Powerglide, AOD or Turbo 400.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

capare wrote:

Thanks Matt

thank you matt

now for those who doubt 500HP 347 its clearly possible and dad is no ordinary motor builder he has made 6cyl motors keep up with V8's krissdog will see when he goes to the stockies there are a few cars with dad's phone number on them they also have small blocks and keep up with the big blocks and can even beat them

it wont have carbys (dad best profession but its illegal so we gotta go EFI) and if dad says 500HP i would believe him as when it comes to building motors its what he does best and has practically done all his life and is well known even interstate for his carbys and his motors

dad did suggest a T56 straight up but he wasnt to sure if its at 9" requirements or if the ED EF EL LSD's would be strong enough (this sorta power he normally puts in XC's etc so he wasnt to sure and wanted to know some other suggestions of boxes)

something else we talked about was a 351W we wanted Clevelands but its not legal to go that way apparently :( as dad specializes in Clevelands and has a fair few of them sitting around to

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Peacock EB Falcon

QLD, Australia

Ash wrote:
Put the Cleveland heads on the Windsor.

Some edelbrock alloy ones :p

Wanted, CFI manifold

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

SA, Australia

OP mentioned a C3 trans? scuse my ignorance, but never heard of it...

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

351W into E-series see Terrorist Ghia's thread - viewtopic.php?f=53&t=65071

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

capare wrote:

Thanks Matt

Ahh that this guy is a f**k dreamer?
And now hes changed from 302 to 347, but regardless, you wont get 500hp and a low-mid range with bulk torque.

And wheres your suggestions for a box and diff? Thats right, you've contributed none, much like every other post of yours.
I'm not going to bother because there is a plethora of info on the net.
Didnt you recommend a Geforce T5 in another thread? haha

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

krisisdog is a big keyboard warrior haha

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I dont think you understand the term 'keyboard warrior'; its not telling someone to wake up to themselves.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Isn't a 347 a 302 with stroke job? they are the same externally, so in the interests of all being here for the love of Henry's finest, lets cut ourselves some slack! also what is wrong with dreaming dude? weren't you young once? hey I asked some silly questions when I first joined as I had no idea about e series or in my case n series cause I'd never had one before only ol' ZC's and ZD's mainly. I'm not bagging anyone here just don't wanna stop anyone from dreamin'!

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

tearlejc wrote:
OP mentioned a C3 trans? scuse my ignorance, but never heard of it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_C3_transmission

bry40l wrote:

i agree lol

fairlane6970 wrote:
351W into E-series see Terrorist Ghia's thread - viewtopic.php?f=53&t=65071

thats actually were i got the idea of a 351W especially since terrorists ghias sounds so nice

fairlane6970 wrote:
Isn't a 347 a 302 with stroke job? they are the same externally, so in the interests of all being here for the love of Henry's finest, lets cut ourselves some slack! also what is wrong with dreaming dude? weren't you young once? hey I asked some silly questions when I first joined as I had no idea about e series or in my case n series cause I'd never had one before only ol' ZC's and ZD's mainly. I'm not bagging anyone here just don't wanna stop anyone from dreamin'!

they are the same externally
idk about some people being young once alot of people always use my age to discriminate and ive asked some stupid questions to when i first got my EL fairmont (first car) havent really asked anything stupid since i got my NF and as this link shows 500hp out of a 347 is possible

http://www.pavtek.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=107&Itemid=70

i know if i went 351W i would get the 500HP but its not as fun as having a stock looking motor externally and totally kicking a** were as having a clearly much bigger motor and kicking a** isnt as fun still fun but not as much especially when holden people always underestimate my NF because old people putt around in them they all assume my car is pure gutless so that would be even funner :D

krisisdog wrote:
Even if its a 347 you wont get 500hp

Keyboard warrior maybe you should check this out instead of constantly repeating your self

http://www.pavtek.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=107&Itemid=70

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

that pavtech engine is nice but as it says in the ad it performs well from 4krpm to 7k rpm.
anythin below that is gonna be crap and its probly got the crankyest cam in the world so you would need a 4k rpm hi-stall behind it.
might aswell stick a full cage in ur car and make it a drag car.

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Fordsrule174 wrote:
krisisdog wrote:

Keyboard warrior maybe you should check this out instead of constantly repeating your self

You stupid inbred f**k.
Look at what I said, the whole sentence this time. If thats not too hard for you.
krisisdog wrote:
Even if its a 347 you wont get 500hp and a torquey bottom end-mid range.

TORQUE: 447 ftlbs @ 5200 Rpm
HORSEPOWER: 515 @ 6900 Rpm

Thats definitely going to have some good low and mid range power isnt it. :roll:
When did you mention a 351W other than just now??

Fordsrule174 wrote:
bry40l wrote:

i agree lol

We live in the same town; I'll gladly tell you to your face your a stupid f**k.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:53 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL XR8 363 stroker

Power: 260 rwkw

krisisdog wrote:
Fordsrule174 wrote:
krisisdog wrote:

You stupid inbred f**k.
Look at what I said, the whole sentence this time. If thats not too hard for you.
krisisdog wrote:
Even if its a 347 you wont get 500hp and a torquey bottom end-mid range.

TORQUE: 447 ftlbs @ 5200 Rpm
HORSEPOWER: 515 @ 6900 Rpm

Thats definitely going to have some good low and mid range power isnt it. :roll:
When did you mention a 351W other than just now??

Fordsrule174 wrote:
bry40l wrote:

i agree lol

We live in the same town; I'll gladly tell you to your face your a stupid f**k.

I thought i asked you to stick to the (6 cylinder section), when you own/modify a v8 or your serious about spending real money on your heap of un-envied sh!t (iv spent more on my trans then your whole car is worth!) then you can start running your mouth, your ef is slow and full of sh!t just like you :lol: .

And if you want my opinion on trans and diff! t5 gforce, tko, t56 with a twin plate clutch and billet steel flywheel c4, c6 with a hi stall and the standard diff is more than capable of handling 500fwhp

Any time your wanting to be blown under the weeds krissisdog, by a 500+hp 302 based windsor let me know, im more than willing to hand you your a$s at wsid

Now back to topic please, thank you.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next