500HP Diff and Gearbox Suggestions 

Page 3 of 4 [ 48 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: 500HP Diff and Gearbox Suggestions
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

tearlejc wrote:
OP mentioned a C3 trans? scuse my ignorance, but never heard of it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_C3_transmission

bry40l wrote:
krisisdog is a big keyboard warrior haha

i agree lol

fairlane6970 wrote:
351W into E-series see Terrorist Ghia's thread - viewtopic.php?f=53&t=65071

thats actually were i got the idea of a 351W especially since terrorists ghias sounds so nice

fairlane6970 wrote:
Isn't a 347 a 302 with stroke job? they are the same externally, so in the interests of all being here for the love of Henry's finest, lets cut ourselves some slack! also what is wrong with dreaming dude? weren't you young once? hey I asked some silly questions when I first joined as I had no idea about e series or in my case n series cause I'd never had one before only ol' ZC's and ZD's mainly. I'm not bagging anyone here just don't wanna stop anyone from dreamin'!

they are the same externally
idk about some people being young once alot of people always use my age to discriminate and ive asked some stupid questions to when i first got my EL fairmont (first car) havent really asked anything stupid since i got my NF and as this link shows 500hp out of a 347 is possible

http://www.pavtek.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=107&Itemid=70

i know if i went 351W i would get the 500HP but its not as fun as having a stock looking motor externally and totally kicking a** were as having a clearly much bigger motor and kicking a** isnt as fun still fun but not as much especially when holden people always underestimate my NF because old people putt around in them they all assume my car is pure gutless so that would be even funner :D

krisisdog wrote:
Even if its a 347 you wont get 500hp

Keyboard warrior maybe you should check this out instead of constantly repeating your self

http://www.pavtek.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=107&Itemid=70

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

that pavtech engine is nice but as it says in the ad it performs well from 4krpm to 7k rpm.
anythin below that is gonna be crap and its probly got the crankyest cam in the world so you would need a 4k rpm hi-stall behind it.
might aswell stick a full cage in ur car and make it a drag car.

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

Fordsrule174 wrote:
krisisdog wrote:

Keyboard warrior maybe you should check this out instead of constantly repeating your self

You stupid inbred f**k.
Look at what I said, the whole sentence this time. If thats not too hard for you.
krisisdog wrote:
Even if its a 347 you wont get 500hp and a torquey bottom end-mid range.

TORQUE: 447 ftlbs @ 5200 Rpm
HORSEPOWER: 515 @ 6900 Rpm

Thats definitely going to have some good low and mid range power isnt it. :roll:
When did you mention a 351W other than just now??

Fordsrule174 wrote:
bry40l wrote:

i agree lol

We live in the same town; I'll gladly tell you to your face your a stupid f**k.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:53 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL XR8 363 stroker

Power: 260 rwkw

krisisdog wrote:
Fordsrule174 wrote:
krisisdog wrote:

You stupid inbred f**k.
Look at what I said, the whole sentence this time. If thats not too hard for you.
krisisdog wrote:
Even if its a 347 you wont get 500hp and a torquey bottom end-mid range.

Thats definitely going to have some good low and mid range power isnt it. :roll:

Fordsrule174 wrote:
bry40l wrote:

i agree lol

We live in the same town; I'll gladly tell you to your face your a stupid f**k.

I thought i asked you to stick to the (6 cylinder section), when you own/modify a v8 or your serious about spending real money on your heap of un-envied sh!t (iv spent more on my trans then your whole car is worth!) then you can start running your mouth, your ef is slow and full of sh!t just like you :lol: .

And if you want my opinion on trans and diff! t5 gforce, tko, t56 with a twin plate clutch and billet steel flywheel c4, c6 with a hi stall and the standard diff is more than capable of handling 500fwhp

Any time your wanting to be blown under the weeds krissisdog, by a 500+hp 302 based windsor let me know, im more than willing to hand you your a$s at wsid

Now back to topic please, thank you.

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

capare wrote:
I thought i asked you to stick to the (6 cylinder section), when you own/modify a v8 or your serious about spending real money on your heap of un-envied sh!t (iv spent more on my trans then your whole car is worth!) then you can start running your mouth, your ef is slow and full of sh!t just like you :lol: .

And if you want my opinion on trans and diff! t5 gforce, tko, t56 with a twin plate clutch and billet steel flywheel c4, c6 with a hi stall and the standard diff is more than capable of handling 500fwhp

Any time your wanting to be blown under the weeds krissisdog, by a 500+hp 302 based windsor let me know, im more than willing to hand you your a$s at wsid

Now back to topic please, thank you.

Link to said 500+hp 302 windsor based motor you have?
How do you know I dont have a V8? You dont, for all you know I may own a rebuilt 377 Clevo.

How do you know how much I've spent on my EF? How much do you think I've spent?
I dont think you'll find many people that call a turbo'd 6 'slow' either.
You wouldnt still be s**t from the V8 vs I6 thread would you?

If you want on topic, what reasoning do you have for recommending a GForce T5? Why a twin plate clutch? Do you think there are no singles available for ~350rwkw? What do you think is more streetable, single or twin?
Back to the motor, find me a 302 based anything NA that makes the majority of its power in the mid to low rpm and still peaks at 500hp. Yeh, good luck with that one.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

krisisdog wrote:

Thats definitely going to have some good low and mid range power isnt it.

firstly get over the low mid range power your clutching to straws their m8

ive mention it on the first page m8 maybe you should read the whole thread instead of just jumping in the yelling like a baboon

now stay on topic for once

if dad has to go 351W or even stroke the 351W to get the results im after im pretty sure he will and if money isnt trouble it will end up supercharged as well

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA Turbo

VIC, Australia

krisisdog, dude have you heard of the "never argue with an idiot" line? It applies here lol, do what i'm doing, let the dreamers dream they'll grow up one day ;)

1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Resprayed|microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Wade turbo cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 conversion|Built bottom end|10.6@125MPHi

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Fordsrule174 wrote:
Me and dad have been talking about what to do with my NF when i get a full license and we both agree a V8 is in need and dad being a old motor builder says he can make a 302W go 500HP naturally aspirated with most of the power being down low and medium but im just wondering what sorta gearbox and diff you guys would recommend for such power ?
Fordsrule174 wrote:

krisisdog wrote:

Thats definitely going to have some good low and mid range power isnt it.

firstly get over the low mid range power your clutching to straws their m8

ive mention it on the first page m8 maybe you should read the whole thread instead of just jumping in the yelling like a baboon

now stay on topic for once

if dad has to go 351W or even stroke the 351W to get the results im after im pretty sure he will and if money isnt trouble it will end up supercharged as well

I am f**k on topic; its what you asked for.
You changed your mind for a stroker, and just now, for charged. Admit it, its never going to come to fruition. 500hp 302w NA is what you wanted, said could be done with mid and low end torque, so go ahead and do it.
I'll buy one from you or your old man if you can achieve it.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

Holy s**t! Is this what the forums are all about these days? Why is everyone so angry? The dude asks a question and gets jumped on! If you don't have something worth contributing, other than to tell someone they're a dreamer, or inbred f**k, then why even bother posting? Some people need to wake up to themselves and remember what the forums are here for...

I take it we're talking around 500fwhp. Regardless of what was said at the start, it's obvious the OP isn't full bottle on the subject on these motors and he wasn't asking for advice on his engine combo. He will probably find, in time, that what he wants and what he's actually going to get are 2 different things. But then again, they may end up running Dart block 363 with AFR 185s and RPM II intake with a Crane Cam and get their 500+hp on the engine dyno at around 6200rpm, which equates to around 400rwhp. This engine is super streetable with plenty of low and mid-range torque.

What I can say in relation to this topic is that your options won't be cheap. I don't know much about autos, but for a manual I would recommend either a G-force or Astro Performance A-5 transmission. Depending on the specs you have them built to, they're good for up to 600hp and they're based on the T-5 gearbox. This means you don't need to get a new bellhousing or starter motor like you'd have to with a TKO or T-56. On the TKOs you also have issues with the starter motor sitting really close, if not touching, the headers and this can lead to a lot of problems. If you have a look at the Mustang forums, you'll also find a lot of guys have replaced their TKOs with A-5s as they're a much smoother changing 'box and they're able to change above 7000rpm without any problems. This is the path I'll be going when my T-5 lets go. I'll also be running a McLeod twin-plate clutch and flywheel which comes in at over a grand less than a Mal Wood equivalent. These clutches are good for up to 1000hp and have a lighter pedal feel than stock. A nice change from the heavy single plates most of us would be used to.

For the diff, I'm running a Harrop TrueTrac centre in the standard BW78 housing with billet 31 spline axles. This setup will hold 500hp with ease and is a lot lighter than having a 9" out back. The design of the TrueTrac ensures no single spinning with full traction available under power at all times.

As has been mentioned, The 9" is your other option and there's an endless number of parts available for these diffs.

Don't limit your research to these forums here in Aus, also check out Mustang forums in the US like www.corral.net Just do heaps of searching and reading and you'll get a good feel as to what you can and can't achieve.

p.s. Don't buy into the moronic name-calling. It brings you down and people won't want to help you if you come across as another immature little t***.

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

This 347 made 411 ft-lbs at 3000rpm

http://www.fordmuscleforums.com/dyno-bo ... 347-a.html

Like i said a talented builder can achieve a 500hp 302ci and this 347 made 694hp @ 7800rpm

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ash wrote:
Fordsrule174 wrote:
firstly get over the low mid range power

What exactly do you mean by this? You don't want any low or mid range? It will just be a track car and not street driven?

If I were building another street V8, I would be aiming for strong torque over top end HP.

im just trying to shut krissdog up

it will be street driven dad didnt give me a figure on torque but if i asked for a high torque motor he could do it i do prefer torque but id imagine the motor would have well more than enough torque

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ash wrote:
Fordsrule174 wrote:

im just trying to shut krissdog up

Ok, I'm just trying to make sense of which direction your going.

But I think there are better ways to go about it.

I think before you have a power figure in mind, have an idea of what you are going to be doing with the car each day. Then build a car to suit that. I think you'll find that more usable then having a car you cant drive each day and have a dyno print out to show off.

well it would be cheaper to just get a stroked 302 to 347 and just see how it goes with minor modds on the motor and is a consideration it all depends on money i would still like to drive my NF daily all idea's are being explored for the motor

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:34 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Ford EB GLI

VIC, Australia

If you want something that will last. tko/t56/c4/t400. 9" diff with 31 spline.

Can i just ask why are you even going to bother trying to make a 5l make 500hp n/a? When you can do it for half the price with a 4l or a boosted 5l.

Also Krisisdog is just being realistic!

EBT-747 -

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

Cut the guy some slack. I'm pretty sure he's open to forced induction if need be. In an earlier post I think he made it clear that his dad mentioned stroking.

It's all well and good being realistic, but there's no need to be a wanker about it.

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

yes all optioned are being explored all suggestions for the motor are taken into consideration that this is why i like to plan things way in advance so i can explore all angles of the subject and different ways to achieve the same goal and then researching each way and then coming out with the best option that suits

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next