Fordmods Logo

9 inch in ba/bf utes 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: 9 inch in ba/bf utes
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:28 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 83

Joined: 1st Jul 2007

Ride: XE Fairmont Ghia

Location: bathurst
NSW, Australia

Just want to find out if anyone has put a 9'' in a ba / bf xr8 ute yet due to the pathetic excuse for a diff that ford still use.... number three and out of warranty, need a new angle to attack this problem
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:03 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1000491

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

cant see it being that hard

same size rear as a the au's
will need some custom work for the suspension mounts

did they nizpro 1000hxr6t get a 9"

 

_________________

RIP SCOTT

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:18 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 83

Joined: 1st Jul 2007

Ride: XE Fairmont Ghia

Location: bathurst
NSW, Australia

thanks disco going to really look into in cause i'm sick of having it off the road
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 43

Posts: 1294

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: 80 series cruiser

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

just a thought, what are you breaking in the diff's?

you could always go a full steel centre or spool with billet 31 spline axles that will fit in the std housing. just as strong as a 9" then. the std 28 spline axles in yours now are the same as std 28 spline 9" axles so if you are snapping axles now it wont really help much.

but then again a nice set up 9" will never give you trouble ever again, but expect to pay a bit if you want it bulletproof.

cheers

 

_________________

Thanks to Crescent Motors, Liverpool.
Call Joe on (02) 9600 6229.

I dont own a Landcruiser, it's a Maverick recovery vehicle!!!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:14 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 45

Posts: 3531

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

Location: uoʇǝlƃuıs lʍoq ʇsnp
NSW, Australia

yobboford wrote:
just a thought, what are you breaking in the diff's?

you could always go a full steel centre or spool with billet 31 spline axles that will fit in the std housing. just as strong as a 9" then. the std 28 spline axles in yours now are the same as std 28 spline 9" axles so if you are snapping axles now it wont really help much.

but then again a nice set up 9" will never give you trouble ever again, but expect to pay a bit if you want it bulletproof.

cheers


:) Not to state the obvious, if it is just out of warranty I would be pretty sure he drives it on the road, and NO steel centre or spool would make it as strong as a 9in using the same quality parts, the pinion support design and size of the crown wheel rules that out (9in has big pinion to crown wheel contact area as well), 9in pinion is basically supported front and back, no Dana or BW fitted to a Ford has this feature.

Saying that, a modified BW/Dana etc will not have as much driveline loses as an 9in mainly due to size and pinion to crown wheel contact.

 

_________________

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant) http://tmacmechanical.com.au/

Last edited by Macca on Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:05 am 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 83

Joined: 1st Jul 2007

Ride: XE Fairmont Ghia

Location: bathurst
NSW, Australia

the diffs have done both of the common problems, either excessive backlash, and or whinning.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:17 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 873

Joined: 9th May 2005

Ride: BA XR6T

Disco Frank wrote:
did they nizpro 1000hxr6t get a 9"


not afaik, i think it had a Mal Woods diff (if u r referring to the blueprint one)

the nizpro ute has a full GTR IRS setup in the rear.

 

_________________

300+rwkw HeadsexTuned XR6 Turbo Ute *NOW SOLD :(*
MK Triton with 31" muddies, 2" lift and 3" turbo back exhaust etc...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 45

Posts: 3531

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

Location: uoʇǝlƃuıs lʍoq ʇsnp
NSW, Australia

Mr Man wrote:
Disco Frank wrote:
did they nizpro 1000hxr6t get a 9"


not afaik, i think it had a Mal Woods diff (if u r referring to the blueprint one)

the nizpro ute has a full GTR IRS setup in the rear.


WOW an IRS out of a GTR is pretty impressive, apparently they can take a lot of abuse compared to many other brands IRS, have you seen any articles on the conversion anywhere?

 

_________________

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant) http://tmacmechanical.com.au/

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:28 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 83

Joined: 1st Jul 2007

Ride: XE Fairmont Ghia

Location: bathurst
NSW, Australia

does anyone know who would do 9 inch conversions for ba or is it time to start reading the adds in street machine?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 9 inch in ba/bf utes
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 45

Posts: 3531

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

Location: uoʇǝlƃuıs lʍoq ʇsnp
NSW, Australia

RIDDO wrote:
Just want to find out if anyone has put a 9'' in a ba / bf xr8 ute yet due to the pathetic excuse for a diff that ford still use.... number three and out of warranty, need a new angle to attack this problem


I know your car is out of warranty and you are mighty p****d off, but have you approached Ford due to this being an on going problem, I am sure there are consumer rights protecting against problems like this, Ford (and all other brands) has had to pay up due to different on going problems way after warranty has ended due to the problem was a known on going thing, example: EF/EL actuators were still being replaced years after warranty finished.

I replaced many Skyline diffs years after warranty and sales had ended, just about all Skyline BW diffs had major diff whine.

 

_________________

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant) http://tmacmechanical.com.au/

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 45

Posts: 3531

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

Location: uoʇǝlƃuıs lʍoq ʇsnp
NSW, Australia

RIDDO wrote:
does anyone know who would do 9 inch conversions for ba or is it time to start reading the adds in street machine?


Heaps, "CRAFT", "Smithfield", the list is endless, plenty of big ones around Sydney and Melbourne, ring around for quotes then do some research by posting in here and other forums asking if they ever had problems with the company, don't rely on magazine advertorials hyping up how good they are i.e. Hemroids etc

 

_________________

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant) http://tmacmechanical.com.au/

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 45

Posts: 3531

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

Location: uoʇǝlƃuıs lʍoq ʇsnp
NSW, Australia

I thought I better put in that the dearest thing of the 9in for your car will be a decent centre and maybe axles, your housing is pretty basic, so when getting a quote make sure they aren't just supplying a crappy second hand non LSD etc centre.

 

_________________

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant) http://tmacmechanical.com.au/

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:49 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 83

Joined: 1st Jul 2007

Ride: XE Fairmont Ghia

Location: bathurst
NSW, Australia

Macca wrote:
I thought I better put in that the dearest thing of the 9in for your car will be a decent centre and maybe axles, your housing is pretty basic, so when getting a quote make sure they aren't just supplying a crappy second hand non LSD etc centre.
thanks macca, ford basically said to get stuffed, the warranty period is non, negotiable.. the funny thing was what the different dealers had to say.. when i went to the bathurst ford dealer (Clancey Motors) they said that the BA MkII utes with 6 sp manual were meant to have "excessive" backlash... i'm no rocket scientist but when i did my trade excessive was not pretty.. went to another dealer and they said "s**t this should have been replaced ages ago!!

what to do?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 873

Joined: 9th May 2005

Ride: BA XR6T

Macca wrote:
Mr Man wrote:
Disco Frank wrote:
did they nizpro 1000hxr6t get a 9"


not afaik, i think it had a Mal Woods diff (if u r referring to the blueprint one)

the nizpro ute has a full GTR IRS setup in the rear.


WOW an IRS out of a GTR is pretty impressive, apparently they can take a lot of abuse compared to many other brands IRS, have you seen any articles on the conversion anywhere?


there is a thread over on xr6turbo.com

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index ... opic=28297

 

_________________

300+rwkw HeadsexTuned XR6 Turbo Ute *NOW SOLD :(*
MK Triton with 31" muddies, 2" lift and 3" turbo back exhaust etc...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 45

Posts: 3531

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

Location: uoʇǝlƃuıs lʍoq ʇsnp
NSW, Australia

RIDDO wrote:
Macca wrote:
I thought I better put in that the dearest thing of the 9in for your car will be a decent centre and maybe axles, your housing is pretty basic, so when getting a quote make sure they aren't just supplying a crappy second hand non LSD etc centre.
thanks macca, ford basically said to get stuffed, the warranty period is non, negotiable.. the funny thing was what the different dealers had to say.. when i went to the bathurst ford dealer (Clancey Motors) they said that the BA MkII utes with 6 sp manual were meant to have "excessive" backlash... i'm no rocket scientist but when i did my trade excessive was not pretty.. went to another dealer and they said "s**t this should have been replaced ages ago!!

what to do?


Contact Fair Trading and tell them about it, don't give up yet, f**k they fitted a faulty product/s so they should fit the bill.

 

_________________

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant) http://tmacmechanical.com.au/

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:02 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names