Fordmods Logo

adding dipstick to tranny 

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:15 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

VIC, Australia

Was also thinking of doing a dipstick mod to my EF but does anyone know if the tranny has to come out of the car and have a hole drilled for the dripstick ? Or would i be lucky and already have the hole with a plate bolted to it rather than a tube ? In which case i can do it myself. What would it cost to drill for the tube ?

My gregories manual states to change oil (mobile TQF 95 LE or Castrol TQ-95) every 50,000 kms under sever conditions. That oil is $50 per 5 litres and 10-15 litres are needed to flush the box, :( no wonder people substitue cheeper tranny fluid :?

It's typical of car makers - blame the customer for a poor design and use that as an excuse to save a dollar per car and make $1000's when the box needs to be rebuilt outside warrenty. :twisted:

Cheers

Posted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

ItchiOne wrote:
Was also thinking of doing a dipstick mod to my EF but does anyone know if the tranny has to come out of the car and have a hole drilled for the dripstick ? Or would i be lucky and already have the hole with a plate bolted to it rather than a tube ? In which case i can do it myself. What would it cost to drill for the tube ?

My gregories manual states to change oil (mobile TQF 95 LE or Castrol TQ-95) every 50,000 kms under sever conditions. That oil is $50 per 5 litres and 10-15 litres are needed to flush the box, :( no wonder people substitue cheeper tranny fluid :?

It's typical of car makers - blame the customer for a poor design and use that as an excuse to save a dollar per car and make $1000's when the box needs to be rebuilt outside warrenty. :twisted:

Cheers

The hole is not already there.
I doubt you could get the clearance to drill the hole without removing the box.
If you tried it yourself you would need to clean out the tranny afterwards as some swarf is bound to get into it.
Sorry no idea how much it would cost, I would guess it wouldn't be worth it unless you were rebuilding the box.

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2