after market trail arm for EL 

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: after market trail arm for EL
Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NA Fairlane, DC LTD

NT, Australia

ELboy wrote:
Has anybody fitted the repco after market trail arms for EB-EL, there the tubular ones with red bushes. They look a lot better then the factory lower trail arms, just wont to know if they stiffen rear like help with the side to side movement. Are they worth the money or am i better off re bushing the factory trailing arms with decent bushes.

I'd say you mean the Nolathane ones.

When I worked at repco I had a look at these. IMO the 1.5in (or 2) square tube dosnt look sturdy enough when you compare to a stock one.
But they have been designed as a replacment to avoid the issue people are mentioning of removing the old bushes out of the stock one. So they must pass some strength test or somthing.

When I did mine I took the arms to a suspension joint with a press, chucked a carton and they did it for me. You can push the nolathane ones back in with wood and a vice...an LOTS of the grease supplied.

Depends on what you wanna do really. Do you know any mechanics? Hit em up. If not and you don't wanna muck around, just grab em anyway. We sold a few sets fom repco and had no returns.

Probably help lighten the rear too lol, every gram counts lol.

[color=#004080]Cheers, Jacob.

NA Fairlane Build thread:
the-garage-f53/my-fairlane-build-lowlane-t94891.html.
Also in the garage....
AU LTD, DC LTD, and Lowlane.

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:25 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: BA XR8 & EF Fairmont Ghia

SA, Australia

Lowlane7 wrote:
ELboy wrote:
Has anybody fitted the repco after market trail arms for EB-EL, there the tubular ones with red bushes. They look a lot better then the factory lower trail arms, just wont to know if they stiffen rear like help with the side to side movement. Are they worth the money or am i better off re bushing the factory trailing arms with decent bushes.

I'd say you mean the Nolathane ones.

When I worked at repco I had a look at these. IMO the 1.5in (or 2) square tube dosnt look sturdy enough when you compare to a stock one.

depends on what ones you look at, the ones in my ef where boxed with plate steel on the underside of them, but i have seen some in el's that did not have the plate giving them extra strength. but i havent had any problems with the nolathane ones and they have been in for a month or so of fairly hard driving.

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:41 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Lowlane7 wrote:

They are more than capable as a replacement. I used them on my EL's for 3 or 4 years without fault, and those that know me know that my car's usually get a bit of a raping on the road.

But then the lower arm takes little of the load, compared to the upper arm.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2