Any track users here? 

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Any track users here?
Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I take my cars to Wakefield when I can and its time to get serious with my ED, anyone do any track driving and whats worth using to keep it flat?

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 36 images

Ride: Ronald Mcdonald Mobile

NSW, Australia

i hit wakefield occasionally each year. i love the track racing.
i have got now ideas on what u mean by keeping it flat? Im guessing suspension wise? i wouldnt have a clue
i got a formula ford for the track days :) much better then using a road car

Gooooone - Eb2 Coon - 143RWKW
Now - Mazda MX5 with HKS Supercharger 190RWKW
Crescent Motorsport Liverpool - 9600 6229

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Cool, wakefield is a fun track for sure.
Yeah flat as in suspension

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Manual

VIC, Australia

I didn't think that many people would race falcons seriously. But give it a go. I guess you would want as much adjustability as possible. Depends on $$$. But certainly adjustable shocks, adjustable swaybars.

Then adjustable camber kit. Good wheels and tyres, not too big - better to get more expensive 17" than cheap 18".

Or go for adjustable coil overs, so you can do ride height aswell.

Then just get into it and tune as you go. Greanmachine had some good tips for setting up his car. Just race it. Remember to post with how you go!

Manual EL Gli.
Mods: Crow Stg3, Chiptorque Dynotune. Lukey Exhaust. DBA slotted rotors, EBC Pads. Whiteline Low Susp. EL GT Swaybars, ROH Envy 17 x235 wheels. Vehicle Datalogger Display V2.0,

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1994 ED Ricer

WA, Australia

upgrade the brakes for a start!

and some street slicks.

flat as in suspension? my koni/kings handle great. alot cheaper then coil overs..

Posted: Sun May 15, 2005 3:13 am 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

Yeah I do track work, Just put the XR6 on eastern creek today actually. had a pretty good run, did 2.07.470reasonably stock car except for complete brake upgrade and semi decent rubber, a mate running his XR6 turbo on 10psi was doing 2.02.590. the turbo is pretty modified, has a custom edit in the ecu gt brake upgrade shift kit, and my 95 ef xr6 with very stock bar above mods was only 5 seconds off his pace. he left early p****d that his car wasn't beating the snot out of mine, said he had a headache.. haha
got a few plans on the pipeline. looks like I will be driving at wakefield around june 4, its a supersprint day so I should be able to post some good times. probably doing some marshall work for the all british day @ wakefield on the 5th june and then end of june back at eastern creek, its not till late july that things start to happen a bit more with the historics calender, my father inlaw has a Jaguar XJS V12 that is being warmed over, but with that car there is alot of stuff on the racing calender that we can enter, is anyone a member of any car clubs that race? I'm a member of the Jaguar drivers clucb, they have a pretty good race calender they share with other clubs and can get turn outs of about 100-120 entries on the day, I would like to run with something a bit more modern, but the NSW tickford FPV club doen only ONE track day a year, and that is shared with the HSV club, the rest of the time it seems they go on cruises car shows dyno days, but most of that stuff bores the crap out of me, I want to join a club that has a full race calender, but only having a 6 I dont want to get blown away by all the twin turbo jap imports and huge V8's. when you guys go to wakefield are you there with anyone or is it just one of the open days? to drive anywhere else but wakefield you need a cams licence, and most car clubs should have a cams rep. there are lots of open days on sydney tracks, I think every 2nd or 3rd friday of the month at eastern creek is an open day, you just have to have your car scrutineered and club and cams licence and off you go, depending how many people turn up you can have the track for a decent amount of time, I've been out a few times and there were about 10 people out there, you could have stayed on the track till you ran out of fuel or tyres, or both..
congradulations if you have bothered reading this, a wealth of useless knowledge. if you wanna know any more just pm me or likewise to tell me to shut up.. before you do look at the time this was posted..

END OF RANT! :P

I have a car.

Posted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA MkII XT Wagon

NSW, Australia

should organise a cruise and havea track day one day, would be fun!

Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:58 am 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

that would be a destination of wakefield cause of all the CAMs requirements at the other tracks. but I would be keen

I have a car.

Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:10 am 
Parts Gopher

ACT, Australia

Yep, I'm definitely keen to head out to wakefield park again!

I try and go to the open days once every couple of months but its been a good 6 months now. Will have to get a CAMS licence so I can go to EC and oran park.

Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:23 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Falcon S

NSW, Australia

dc_todd wrote:
Yeah I do track work, Just put the XR6 on eastern creek today actually. had a pretty good run, did 2.07.470reasonably stock car except for complete brake upgrade and semi decent rubber, a mate running his XR6 turbo on 10psi was doing 2.02.590. the turbo is pretty modified, has a custom edit in the ecu gt brake upgrade shift kit, and my 95 ef xr6 with very stock bar above mods was only 5 seconds off his pace. he left early p****d that his car wasn't beating the snot out of mine, said he had a headache.. haha
got a few plans on the pipeline. looks like I will be driving at wakefield around june 4, its a supersprint day so I should be able to post some good times. probably doing some marshall work for the all british day @ wakefield on the 5th june and then end of june back at eastern creek, its not till late july that things start to happen a bit more with the historics calender, my father inlaw has a Jaguar XJS V12 that is being warmed over, but with that car there is alot of stuff on the racing calender that we can enter, is anyone a member of any car clubs that race? I'm a member of the Jaguar drivers clucb, they have a pretty good race calender they share with other clubs and can get turn outs of about 100-120 entries on the day, I would like to run with something a bit more modern, but the NSW tickford FPV club doen only ONE track day a year, and that is shared with the HSV club, the rest of the time it seems they go on cruises car shows dyno days, but most of that stuff bores the crap out of me, I want to join a club that has a full race calender, but only having a 6 I dont want to get blown away by all the twin turbo jap imports and huge V8's. when you guys go to wakefield are you there with anyone or is it just one of the open days? to drive anywhere else but wakefield you need a cams licence, and most car clubs should have a cams rep. there are lots of open days on sydney tracks, I think every 2nd or 3rd friday of the month at eastern creek is an open day, you just have to have your car scrutineered and club and cams licence and off you go, depending how many people turn up you can have the track for a decent amount of time, I've been out a few times and there were about 10 people out there, you could have stayed on the track till you ran out of fuel or tyres, or both..
congradulations if you have bothered reading this, a wealth of useless knowledge. if you wanna know any more just pm me or likewise to tell me to shut up.. before you do look at the time this was posted..

END OF RANT! :P

The club that I'm with organises about 6 track days at wakefield per year, we cant actually race each other only the clock - there's no overtaking on corners - this way we dont need cams approval/licences etc. Our next one is on July 5th and it'll be the first one that I'm entering the EA into - wish me luck! Check out www.circuit-club.com we also meet every tuesday night 9.30 at thornleigh macca's for a chat/cruise.

it's not what you drive, it's how you drive it

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 9:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA

NSW, Australia

Break! Break! Talk about hijacked! Chef get in touch with whiteline 1800 040 003 and you'll get some good info from them. Not sure about the ED's but the EL's can be upgraded with adjustable sway bars, adjustable radius rods and an upper control arm brace. www.noltec.com have coil overs for Falcs but I don't think the rears are adjustable. Check out the Total Web Solutions thread for purchasing options.

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:41 pm 
Parts Gopher

ACT, Australia

Yeah back on topic, the pedders suspension setup that the saloon cars use is awesome on the track. I upgraded to this from Koni Reds with Superlow king springs and noticied a big improvement. The Whiteline adjustable swaybars are also very handy for track work, they allow you to tune how much under / oversteer you get and can also make a big difference to the overall handling of the car.

If you like I can dig out the part nos for the suspension, price is also very good it cost me less than $700 at trade price for front & rear springs and shocks. I also found installing a front strut brace kept the front end alot flatter when cornering.

Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 6:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: F350

QLD, Australia

Whiteline adjustable bars are very good, I have them and found them to work quite well. As for springs and shocks, you just cannot beat Bilstein sprints, with Eibach springs, just amazing, and yes, they are that much better than Koni, Pedders, and all of the other brands. The difference you will find, is in the consistancy of the valving, and the ability to work, when very hot, something all others fail to do.
I can get you some pics, and details of how I set all my suspension up, right down to getting 7deg of caster on an EL.

PM me with your email and will send some pics etc.

Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 1:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL XR6

WA, Australia

How much did the Bilstein's and Eilbach's cost you stroker? I'm in the market for some soon along with adj swaybars and nolethane bushes.

Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: F350

QLD, Australia

FTR, my set up is a coil over front, with Eibach main and tender springs in the front, and was about $3000 for the pair from memory.
When you drive it, it is definatly worth the money.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next