Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: Anyone got Fulda tyres?
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

WA, Australia

I've been given some advice that Fulda tyres are awesome and won s**t loads of european awards. They are a German brand.

Is anyone using them and can recommend them.

I'm in the market for 4 new tyres for my XR8.
They are all a bit on the slick side.

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

i was going to try them. but once the owner told me he has them on his AU and in one 20min stint up one of the local hill and down again he took off
10 000km worth of city driving rubber i went with yokky aspec DB
i've now put 20 000km on them and still going strong. the last tyres i had sava intensas (they came on the car when i got) only lasted 15 000km

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:37 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Dunlop SP3000's or Kumho 712's.

Dunlops are near the best I've had on my car, but the Kumho's come in a good second place. Alot better value seeing as they are a fair sight cheaper too.

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

WA, Australia

Dunlop SP3000's I've heard a lot about.

I might see how much they are and check the grove pattern.

Otherwise I'll go Fulda or Falken. I've had Falkens before and they were awesome.

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:53 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

SP3000's were $170ea 12 months ago when I got them for my FTR's.

Maybe have gone down since.

My tire guys rated the Kumho above Falken. Said most of them were s**t really.

Beaurepairs told me to get SP3000's over the Fulda. They seem to be a "we import these specially and only we can get them" kind of special rip off, to make you feel like your getting something good. You'd probably be better suited with Simex tires than Fulda.

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: Oettinger Golf GTI

NSW, Australia

kumho 712s and 711's i got told arent bad either
never been on them tho

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:36 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

The 712's I had lasted 35,000km. I was nice to them.

Great in the dry, and for a $140 tire, brilliant in the wet. Something to do with the high silica compounds they use.

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I've only had Kuhmo's once and wouldn't touch them ever, ever, ever again.

I got the 769 which won about 5 awards for best allround tyre. This was actually a 205/60/13 tyre.... not on a Falcon obviously. They were s**t. They has less grip from new than the Toyo 600F3 that had about 2mm tread depth on them. Sidewalls are a weak as all get out, max PSI was only 36 PSI, which really bites because they bagged a lot round corners. The solution to that is more pressure, but if I had have put more pressure in them, they would have had more than rated. Wet weather performance was attrocious aswell and these were tested out @ Sandown @ an advanced driving course. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't pull the car up within the specified distance with the Kuhmos on, and the track was wet.

If Kuhmo's award winning tyres are as bad as that, I'd hate to think how bad the ones are that don't win awards.

On the fiance's falcon we've got 215/60/15 in the Yoko A539. They are awsome, especially in the wet. Halfway through their life and we've done about 12,000km on them. They're soft, but they're good. Unfortunately they're not made any more, but the C-drive replaces the A539. We payed $120 each at the time for the A539, the C-Drives are around $140 each.

On my new car the rims are coated in Dunlop SP300E. They're ok, but I can't really compare them to the A539s because my new car came with uprated suspension. It handle about the same as teh GLi and I'd say the tyres have less grip, but the suspension gives more grip.

I've also had Toyo Proxes RA1s and they had outstanding grip. Of course they were a street legal racing tyre @ $200 a corner and only lasted 6000km!

I also like the look of the Bridgestone G-Grid III. Bridgestones have excellent life because of they're LLC patented compound. The son of a mate of mine got about 80,000km out of a set of 18" tyres that were bridgestone brand. Keeping the pressure up is the key to long tyre life.

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:32 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AU Fairlane

QLD, Australia

To answer your question, I have a setr of Fulda 's on my EB falcon in 225/50/16 and I find them to be terrific. Good in the wet, good in the dry.
I have a thing about tyres, (i suppose driving interstate for nearly twenty years in high performance trucks does make one paranoid about good rubber) I would use them again. I have used a lot of different brands and find that the Fulda are good, I also have an NC fairlane 5 litre with BA running gear and I have Hankook Ventus 104's on it (BA XR8 wheels) and find them a good tyre in the 17". In the 18" I have a NU Fairlane with Pirelli Pzero rosso's - great tyre, hard to justify the money tho. I am going to run the new series Maxxis in 18's next and give them a go.

Regards, Dave.

"Do you know what nemesis means? The righteous manifestation of an appropriate agent of retribution, in this case, a horrible C***, me!"

Now lowered with Lovells/Koni!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]