Fordmods Logo

Anyone use DBA 4000series rotors & Bendix race pads????????? 

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Anyone use DBA 4000series rotors & Bendix race pads?????
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hey All,

Just wondering as im wanting to upgrade my brakes and looking online at the DBA & Bendix website on what they have to offer.

Im looking at the 4000series XS, but how good are they???

http://www.dba.com.au/2006/products_4000.asp

Im also looking that Ultimate & Street Road Track pads but are they also any good???

http://www.bendix.com.au/Text/117425913 ... 3041-6043/

http://www.bendix.com.au/index.php?modu ... 13041-6043

Please feel free to post up ppl's real life expeirence with any of these products.

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Formula Ferodos over Bendix Ultimate personally. If your wanting fancier look at EBC's range
Havn't used the DBA 4000 series rotors, but have used there slotted and slotted/crossdrilled and been happy.

Post subject: dba breaks
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:15 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ed farimont

NSW, Australia

i have dba roters and thay are good and thay have got me out of s**t realy well.thay cost me about $120 each.

thanks guys

Post subject: brakes
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

A fellow forum member told me that with these brakes that you will go through 2 set's of pads and you will have to replace the disc rotor because of wear and tear. Is this true?

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Post subject: Re: brakes
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

MICKYYYY wrote:
A fellow forum member told me that with these brakes that you will go through 2 set's of pads and you will have to replace the disc rotor because of wear and tear. Is this true?

Depends what pads your using. If your using Silverline Plus of those cheapo Ferrodos that you by for $30ish, then no, could probably use 20 sets of pads before wearing out the rotor!
If your using decent pads, which are a s**t load harder, then yeah, probably 2, 3, 4 sets of pads to a rotor, depending on how you drive. There's a bloke with an EF around here who changes his rotors (slotted) and pads every 10,000 kms, he absolutely shags them.

Post subject: pads
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Geez that sucks,

What pads do you recommend that wont destroy my rotor's???

Post subject: shagged
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:39 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: ef XR8 / xe fairmont ghia 393.

SA, Australia

i have slotted and drilld rotors and if ur gonna get the dba brakes try and steer away from the drilled series. great stopping power but i have mine cracked within a month of them being on a car. and if i recall ur driving a stroker... spend the cash and get some aps made up. i think pyrao has them. oops spelling

Ef xr8. Charged 9psi, tw 170 heads,track heat intakes,1.72 rockers, f303 cam, custom plazma man/ rapid cooler, 60lb injectors, tko600, sct eliminator, aeromotive fuel system.

393 xe ghia stage 5 als raceglides c4,9" full spool 31spline moser axles. Will be looking at running high 9s low 10's

Post subject: Re: pads
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

MICKYYYY wrote:
Geez that sucks,

What pads do you recommend that wont destroy my rotor's???

Depends what your doing with the car. There's no point in buying bottom of the line race pads/top of the line street pads if your just driving the car fairly normally. As they are made to operate in a high temperature range. But at the same time your stupid to skip out on your pads if your thrashing and hard on the brakes.

Post subject: breaks
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yeh im not that bad on braking hard, i im not on the brakes hard all the time. I just want something abit better just in case if i loose the car then at least i have something decent on the car.

Post subject: brakes1
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hey jagga,

Why did they crack? is it from heavy brakeing alot or just bad batch??? And are they covered by warranty from DBA???

Post subject: Re: brakes1
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

MICKYYYY wrote:
Hey jagga,

Why did they crack? is it from heavy brakeing alot or just bad batch??? And are they covered by warranty from DBA???

DBA have a warrenty on there gear. Should be able to find the terms and conditions on there site.

Post subject: Re: breaks
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

MICKYYYY wrote:
Yeh im not that bad on braking hard, i im not on the brakes hard all the time. I just want something abit better just in case if i loose the car then at least i have something decent on the car.

Formula Ferodos would be my pick. Alternatives are Bendix Ultimate (even Heavy Duty should probably do the job though) or PBR Performance. Or I think it's EBC Red Stuff (I think there the lower grade pad to green stuff).
Should still get decent pad and rotor life.

Post subject: brakes
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I currently have slotted disc rotors at the front with a full red pad which im guessing its a Green stuff pad???

Im gona call DBA tomorrow and ask them why ppl get cracked or warped rotor for as im really liking the cross drilled and slotted for performance & for looks.

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:12 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

i cracked a crossdrilled rotor, it to do with differant parts of the disk heating and cooling at differant rates from mem

latest mod: A Service
MY BUILD THREAD

Post subject: yep
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:13 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: ef XR8 / xe fairmont ghia 393.

SA, Australia

yeah a little bit of hard breaking. etc. not a massive amount. but i had heat spots also... make sure u blow or wash out the break dust and dirt regularly in ur drill holes. as mine heated up and i didnt think to blow out the break dust

Ef xr8. Charged 9psi, tw 170 heads,track heat intakes,1.72 rockers, f303 cam, custom plazma man/ rapid cooler, 60lb injectors, tko600, sct eliminator, aeromotive fuel system.

393 xe ghia stage 5 als raceglides c4,9" full spool 31spline moser axles. Will be looking at running high 9s low 10's

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next