Fordmods Logo

Are ea to el manual pedal box are the same? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Are ea to el manual pedal box are the same?
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF V8 Futura, 180sx

QLD, Australia

hey guys
i did some ringing around today and found a few wreckers selling manual conversion for my ef

fe guys were saying that ed pedal box is the same as ef and el. is this right? i thought they where different from ef el

also i was told ed tail shaft will fit ef el correctly. is this true?

cause if that so i can just buy a ea falcon and take the gearbox out and use the pedal box and t5 and tail shaft and sell the car to mate who after few new pannels and stuff for his ea

cheers
Jason

Ford EF Futura Black
18" koya Strykers, AU engine with port and polish EB head, crow valve springs, standard cam, Large aftermarket RX7 turbo, T5 manual 3" intercooler piping, 600x300x100 intercooler core, MSII with innovate wideband O2 sensor and guage. BA F6 bodykit

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

bump

Ford EF Futura Black
18" koya Strykers, AU engine with port and polish EB head, crow valve springs, standard cam, Large aftermarket RX7 turbo, T5 manual 3" intercooler piping, 600x300x100 intercooler core, MSII with innovate wideband O2 sensor and guage. BA F6 bodykit

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:24 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EB 5Spd

QLD, Australia

not sure about the pedal box, but the gearbox will bolt up fine, tailshaft on ea's has a different setup on the diff end, eb and onwards use a flange and ea use a U clamp type system. Although IIRC the auto tailshaft in your car should fit

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

DrE wrote:
not sure about the pedal box, but the gearbox will bolt up fine, tailshaft on ea's has a different setup on the diff end, eb and onwards use a flange and ea use a U clamp type system. Although IIRC the auto tailshaft in your car should fit

yer my tailshaft will work even know it pintch shorter than a manual one.

and don't really worry me about the u clamp or flange cause ill proberly changing the uni's so it will come off and ill just use the auto tailshaft one for the manual tailshaft.

only reason i asked about pedal box and tail shaft is wrecker said ed ones fit ef. but i honnestly beleave they would be different
i know the t5 will fit and bell housing they fit from ea to au.

im Apprentice mechanic so got a bit of experence in removing the gearboxes and engines and all that stuff

Ford EF Futura Black

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

do a search man, i'm pretty sure i read somewhere on here in a thread on how to get a ea-ed pedal box into an ef/el...altho u can just convter your auto one u know...

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:58 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39358

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]