Fordmods Logo

AU falcon drivetrain noises 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: AU falcon drivetrain noises
Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:09 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Hey Everyone,

I bought an ex-taxi 2002 Series III Ford Falcon AU station wagon today from a friend of mine for $500. It has 604,000KMs on the clock, runs on LPG, full year rego and brand new tyres too. He also said he serviced the LPG system and got a new LPG converter or something for it just a few weeks ago?
The main purpose of this car is so I can move house and bricks and other stuff since we're currently building a new house and my Honda Accord Euro really can't do that sort of stuff. Nice car overall... powerful and large enough to do what I need.
Anyway, there is this really annoying whooping noise up the rear... it's not a diff whine, cause I know what that sounds like... it sounds like whoop whoop whoop continually as I drive. Could it be a worn axle or something like that?
I'm thinking of keeping it for my younger brother who is getting his drivers license later this month cause there is no-way he's gonna take my $40,000 Accord Euro out for a spin on his P's.
Also, the interior seats are pretty damn worn and so forth... so I want to get two new front seats for it... what should I expect to pay for two front seats? I've seen them go for $30 a pair on ebay sometimes.
For now I just want the whooping noise gone cause it's so damn annoying! (and possibly unsafe)

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: AU falcon drivetrain noises
Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:58 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

anyone...?

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Checked the tyre? the Wheel?, the rear Disc? pads? it maybe a bent axle?
Jack one side up at a time and turn the wheel? see if you get the noise then.

BTW, be patient when you ask a question, it can take time for someone to help :)

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:44 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

I'm very sure it isn't the wheels and not the disc brakes either, but somewhere in the axles or diff. I was quoted $400 at a wrecker for a complete diff and axle driveline for the station wagon AU, but for some reason sedan diffs (complete with axles) are half that cost!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]