Fordmods Logo

AU to EB transmission ???? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: AU to EB transmission ????
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:18 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Fairmont ghia

VIC, Australia

Hello peopl im sure it has been asked before and i did look throught almost all of the topics in this forum and well unless its just me the search function sucks or im just not doing something right lol anyways

i have and eb2 v8 4spd auto the the band for 2nd and 4th is gone im just wanting to know will a series 1 au xr8 auto work on my eb are there any differences between them.

i was told the au has adapt shift....what is adapt shift ??? sorry sheltered life lol

if there are any differences can they be easily overcome or cost to much...i have rang around and im looking at about 8-900 to get mine fixed but im a single parent and strugle sometimes now as it is.

any info would be greatly appreciated thankyou.

Post subject: Re: AU to EB transmission ????
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:22 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Fairmont ghia

VIC, Australia

plus could anyone suggest what gearbox would go in other than another EB so i can widen my search.

for example what type of transmission i should be looking for what other cars have compatable transmissions.

thankyou :D

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

Any EB-EL V8 Auto will be able to be used easily. With the AU Auto, at least your tailshaft will need to be shortened

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:31 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EB GLi S2

VIC, Australia

ok i am in knda the same position mine is a 6 and well its donr the head and i have also been caught up in this petrol thingy and its cheaper for me to get a AU XR6motor than it is to get mine sent off and fixed well all the fiddly stuff i cant be asz. so i have got a price for the AUXR6motor just wondering as i have the motor will the au gearbox fit in the tunnel and also will i be able to hook up the speedo cable with the AU trans i know i will have to get the tailshaft shorttened but was thinking about it? so what do you think??? get the gearbox as well or just leave it???

it aint over till its over......

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:11 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: BF F6 Typhoon. XP Van.XF Hearse

NSW, Australia

scream wrote:
Hello peopl im sure it has been asked before and i did look throught almost all of the topics in this forum and well unless its just me the search function sucks or im just not doing something right lol anyways

i have and eb2 v8 4spd auto the the band for 2nd and 4th is gone im just wanting to know will a series 1 au xr8 auto work on my eb are there any differences between them.

i was told the au has adapt shift....what is adapt shift ??? sorry sheltered life lol

if there are any differences can they be easily overcome or cost to much...i have rang around and im looking at about 8-900 to get mine fixed but im a single parent and strugle sometimes now as it is.

any info would be greatly appreciated thankyou.

All V8 BTR autos are the same length

That AU trans will fit straight in your EB & your original EB tailshaft will fit.

With the AU adaptive shift thats on some models, It is controlled by the extra circuitary in the T-Bar itself. When it is placed in the adaptive shift mode, It relays the message to the computer for the performance shifts - The transmissions are the same internally(Mechanicals & wiring) & it will bolt straight up.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]