Fordmods Logo

au+ wheels on ef 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: au+ wheels on ef
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:57 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 90

Joined: 2nd Feb 2011

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ford Fairmont EF II

Location: Ballarat
VIC, Australia

i understand that you can get pre au offset wheels but i wanted to find out if i could use say the hubs off a bf and put it on an ef for all four wheels so as to put au offset rims on with out hub adapters. i was also hopeing to do this to but a big brake kit on and use all the sensers from the bf (or ba/fg).

note that i understand it possibly wont be the easiest thing to do and when i do get around to doing it i will have a whole donor car to take parts from.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: au+ wheels on ef
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

Put the only way possible. No.

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: au+ wheels on ef
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 4599

Joined: 30th Aug 2010

Ride: BF XR6,

Location: NEWCASTLE
NSW, Australia

67RCE wrote:
Put the only way possible. No.

+1

if you really wanted to go crazy with the au onwards wheels you have to run adapters or change the front brakes to a big brake kit which makes it au offset, and then fit an au rear live axle.
not worth it just for bling wheels

 

_________________

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: au+ wheels on ef
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:43 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 90

Joined: 2nd Feb 2011

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ford Fairmont EF II

Location: Ballarat
VIC, Australia

thanks for the info
its definatly not just for the wheels.
does it have to be a live axle from and AU or can i use any axle.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: au+ wheels on ef
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 41

Posts: 3785

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: Ford

Location: Victoria
VIC, Australia

jaensch11 wrote:
thanks for the info
its definatly not just for the wheels.
does it have to be a live axle from and AU or can i use any axle.


It can only be a live axle as thats what the E Series Falcons had.

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: au+ wheels on ef
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 1166

Joined: 31st Mar 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

Location: Christchurch
New Zealand

you can put the irs au diff in, but alot of work.
can also change the front for au, k-frame etc..but again alot of work
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: au+ wheels on ef
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:40 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 90

Joined: 2nd Feb 2011

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ford Fairmont EF II

Location: Ballarat
VIC, Australia

so i have to go for a live axle. was it only fitted to the au, or were they fitted after aswell.
also, is it the same as irs or is that different?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: au+ wheels on ef
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 41

Posts: 3785

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: Ford

Location: Victoria
VIC, Australia

jaensch11 wrote:
so i have to go for a live axle. was it only fitted to the au, or were they fitted after aswell.
also, is it the same as irs or is that different?


Take a look under the rear of your EF....Thats a live axle.
This is the Falcon IRS....
http://trueblueford.com/BA_suspension.html

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: au+ wheels on ef
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:35 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 90

Joined: 2nd Feb 2011

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ford Fairmont EF II

Location: Ballarat
VIC, Australia

ok, so they are different. my question now is am i able use the live axle from the au with a t56 and b series drive train, or would i have to use the au one or get a custom one made.

also, and i will leave it at this, if i spent enough time on it, could i get a b series irs to fit. the reason i ask is becouse i want to use the one off the donar car rather than look for an au lsd.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: au+ wheels on ef
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:37 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 4599

Joined: 30th Aug 2010

Ride: BF XR6,

Location: NEWCASTLE
NSW, Australia

Your looking at thousands of dollars to fit a t56..

 

_________________

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: au+ wheels on ef
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:12 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 60

Posts: 6817

Joined: 22nd Jun 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

Location: Campbelltown
NSW, Australia

Q) My question now is am i able use the live axle from the au with a t56 and b series drive train, or would i have to use the au one or get a custom one made.
A) Yes you can fit an AU dif to an E series, I know of one in an EF Fairmont, you need to modify the handbrake cable, AU & EF. You can fit a T56 but whta is a B series Drivetrain? Do you know what a drivetrain is? It is a gearbox, tailshaft and Diff...... :roll:

Q) if i spent enough time on it, could i get a b series irs to fit. the reason i ask is becouse i want to use the one off the donar car rather than look for an au lsd.
A) You can fit an IRS from an AU to an E series, I know of 3 personally and I am sure there are others.

Q) i understand that you can get pre au offset wheels but i wanted to find out if i could use say the hubs off a bf and put it on an ef for all four wheels so as to put au offset rims on with out hub adapters. i was also hopeing to do this to but a big brake kit on and use all the sensers from the bf (or ba/fg).
A) With what it will cost you to stuff around fitting this up you would be better off getting an Upgrade kit from one of the Brake Manufactures, Race Brakes and others ETC. Will give you AU Offset.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: au+ wheels on ef
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:42 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 90

Joined: 2nd Feb 2011

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ford Fairmont EF II

Location: Ballarat
VIC, Australia

SWC wrote:
Q) My question now is am i able use the live axle from the au with a t56 and b series drive train, or would i have to use the au one or get a custom one made.
A) Yes you can fit an AU dif to an E series, I know of one in an EF Fairmont, you need to modify the handbrake cable, AU & EF. You can fit a T56 but whta is a B series Drivetrain? Do you know what a drivetrain is? It is a gearbox, tailshaft and Diff...... :roll:

Q) if i spent enough time on it, could i get a b series irs to fit. the reason i ask is becouse i want to use the one off the donar car rather than look for an au lsd.
A) You can fit an IRS from an AU to an E series, I know of 3 personally and I am sure there are others.

Q) i understand that you can get pre au offset wheels but i wanted to find out if i could use say the hubs off a bf and put it on an ef for all four wheels so as to put au offset rims on with out hub adapters. i was also hopeing to do this to but a big brake kit on and use all the sensers from the bf (or ba/fg).
A) With what it will cost you to stuff around fitting this up you would be better off getting an Upgrade kit from one of the Brake Manufactures, Race Brakes and others ETC. Will give you AU Offset.

tail shaft is what I ment. sorry, got it mixed up.
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:12 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names