au1 brake upgrade 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: au1 brake upgrade
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:27 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: au1 V8 1 tonne poverty pac ute

QLD, Australia

I have aquired the parts to upgrade my the brakes on my au1 to an au2, re: stub axle, lower control arms, discs, calipers and sway bar, I intend to replace the shockies when I change these parts over, my question is do I get shocks to suit an au1 or 2 my guess would be an au1, not really knowing the difference between the two as you can get them for an au1 or 2/3, has any one got an answer thanks

Don't force it, use a Bigger hammer

Post subject: Re: au1 brake upgrade
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

gotta luv a v8 wrote:
I have acquired the parts to upgrade my the brakes on my au1 to an au2, re: stub axle, lower control arms, discs, calipers and sway bar, I intend to replace the shockies when I change these parts over, my question is do I get shocks to suit an au1 or 2 my guess would be an au1, not really knowing the difference between the two as you can get them for an au1 or 2/3, has any one got an answer thanks

Well, if you are using the AUII brake setup you will more than likely need the AUII/III type struts as they have the bracket for the brake hose. I did this to my AUI XR6 but I used BA brakes and they don't need the bracket on the Strut.
You might also want to think about changing the Rears and at some point in time, the Booster to an AUII/III type, you may also need to change the bracket that holds the brake pedal up as the AUI bracket has one two holes to hold the Booster and it WILL weaken the bracket if you drill 4 holes in it to take the Later Booster.

Have a look in my build thread and you can see what I did.

Post subject: Re: au1 brake upgrade
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: au1 V8 1 tonne poverty pac ute

QLD, Australia

Thanks, is the bracket for the brake hose the only difference between the 1 & 2 series struts
Papa Smurf wrote:
gotta luv a v8 wrote:
I have acquired the parts to upgrade my the brakes on my au1 to an au2, re: stub axle, lower control arms, discs, calipers and sway bar, I intend to replace the shockies when I change these parts over, my question is do I get shocks to suit an au1 or 2 my guess would be an au1, not really knowing the difference between the two as you can get them for an au1 or 2/3, has any one got an answer thanks

Well, if you are using the AUII brake setup you will more than likely need the AUII/III type struts as they have the bracket for the brake hose. I did this to my AUI XR6 but I used BA brakes and they don't need the bracket on the Strut.
You might also want to think about changing the Rears and at some point in time, the Booster to an AUII/III type, you may also need to change the bracket that holds the brake pedal up as the AUI bracket has one two holes to hold the Booster and it WILL weaken the bracket if you drill 4 holes in it to take the Later Booster.

Have a look in my build thread and you can see what I did.

Don't force it, use a Bigger hammer

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]