Fordmods Logo

AUII 4SPD to ED Questions 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: AUII 4SPD to ED Questions
Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:29 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 29 images

VIC, Australia

Het guys, just bought myself an AUII 4SPD auto trans for $500 from a 97,000km Fairmont to fit to my ED as my tranny is stuffed.

Now, from doing a search, I figured out that it will fit, just keep ED bell housing. Also, from doing more searches, figured out that the fluid service for 4SPD only changes about 5 litres of fluid, leaving the rest in it.

My first question is, when the transmission is removed, is there an easy way of draining all of the fluid from it, or will it just empty out if you tip it on it's side.

Second question, if and when it can be done, how much oil does the 4SPD take. From what i gathered reading here, is its about 15 or 15 litres.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers. :)

Post subject: Re: AUII 4SPD to ED Questions
Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

MyEDFalcon6 wrote:
Het guys, just bought myself an AUII 4SPD auto trans for $500 from a 97,000km Fairmont to fit to my ED as my tranny is stuffed.

Now, from doing a search, I figured out that it will fit, just keep ED bell housing. Also, from doing more searches, figured out that the fluid service for 4SPD only changes about 5 litres of fluid, leaving the rest in it.

My first question is, when the transmission is removed, is there an easy way of draining all of the fluid from it, or will it just empty out if you tip it on it's side.

Second question, if and when it can be done, how much oil does the 4SPD take. From what i gathered reading here, is its about 15 or 15 litres.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers. :)

The AU has a different extension housing, you'll have to swap it over.
Fit the Tranny, then the top auto pipe on the radiator, undo it, the oil will come out the top fitting in the radiator, if you have a spare fitting that will screw into the radiator, you can start the engine in Park, and the oil will pump out. Then fillit up again, reconnect the cooler line, run it through the gears (wheels off the ground) for about 3to5 mins, then stop and do it all again, about 3 to 4 times will flush the system, using about 3.5lts at a time. When you do the final fill up, run it, then check the level again, and top up. The filler plug is on the drivers side at the rear side of the auto.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:06 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

I think you will find the ext. housing is the same. When you have the box on the ground you will be able to drain the convertor of a lot of its oil. Removing the sump is the easieest way to drain the transmission.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]