AWD Typhoon 

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: AWD Typhoon
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:36 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: FPV F6 R Spec

QLD, Australia

HI,
Just a little idea I have had. Has anyone tried to or succeed in puting the front drive system from a Territory under a Falcon?

I have breifly looked at doing this and it appears possible, all be it after allot of work. just want to get others thoughts.

P.S. Just to make it that much harder I would like to keep the Tremec 6 speed manual box. :?:

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:19 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: Fairmont XR-T

NSW, Australia

i haven't hered of it being done at all but it would be nice and i was thinking of doing it 2 my EF fairmont that if i can't make it 4WD

Turboed EF Fairmont and Low rider LWB Toyota Hi Ace on EF 15" Fairmont Rims

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

huh?

Post subject: Re: AWD Typhoon
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:26 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

F6 R Spec wrote:
HI,
Just a little idea I have had. Has anyone tried to or succeed in puting the front drive system from a Territory under a Falcon?

I have breifly looked at doing this and it appears possible, all be it after allot of work. just want to get others thoughts.

P.S. Just to make it that much harder I would like to keep the Tremec 6 speed manual box. :?:

Front suspension is totally different for the Territory compared to the EA-BFs. The only model that might be able to adapt the Territory front drive system would be the new FGs so I heard. Since the front suspension system is nearly the same as the Territory. Though this is what I have heard and may not be 100% correct due to my lack of memory :D.

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 3:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: 94 Futura

NSW, Australia

It can be done as ford used a BA car as a test bed for the territory suspension whichit was put through every posssible test while they developed the body. It was in there press release and I think a DVD.

In Henry I Trust

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

dasmq wrote:
It can be done as ford used a BA car as a test bed for the territory suspension whichit was put through every posssible test while they developed the body. It was in there press release and I think a DVD.
that car is at the geelong ford discovery centre.. i looked over it.. a few months ago...

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

oh and another different approach idea...

why doesnt someone just drop a BA/BF turbo motor into a BA RTV 4WD!!! the hard part is sorted.. (4WD) dropping the urbo motor in would be easier than doing the 4WD conversion..

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:20 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

RTV was never 4wd, it just had a diff lock.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

fordfreak ef wrote:
why doesnt someone just drop a BA/BF turbo motor into a BA RTV 4WD!!! the hard part is sorted.. (4WD) dropping the urbo motor in would be easier than doing the 4WD conversion..

Because you'd have a very hard time finding a 4WD RTV...

I can't say I'm overly keen on AWD for driving on the road. Lack of traction is often what puts the smile on my face...

Last edited by twr7cx on Fri May 09, 2008 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

Sure if can be done, just with application of a large number of dollars. The FG should make such a thing at a reasonable cost and difficulty a step closer seeing as it runs Territory front suspension.

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

phongus wrote:
F6 R Spec wrote:
HI,

Front suspension is totally different for the Territory compared to the EA-BFs. The only model that might be able to adapt the Territory front drive system would be the new FGs so I heard. Since the front suspension system is nearly the same as the Territory. Though this is what I have heard and may not be 100% correct due to my lack of memory :D.

phong =P~

Phong - its not totally different and its a plausible idea, Might be one for FTG to try!

Nicko

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

XR_Fairmont wrote:
i haven't hered of it being done at all but it would be nice and i was thinking of doing it 2 my EF fairmont that if i can't make it 4WD

Wow this kid is a crack up. Shame I can never understand wtf he is on about.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:45 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Nicko wrote:
phongus wrote:
F6 R Spec wrote:
HI,

phong =P~

Phong - its not totally different and its a plausible idea, Might be one for FTG to try!

Hmmm interesting...the engine would probably sit a bit higher for front diff clearance?

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Sat May 10, 2008 3:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

it will happen factory, eventually fpv will release one in this new model, might not be in the first but maybe in the update. cant tell me the part of the reason to adpot virtual pivot territory suspension in the front was to at least keep the AWD F6 and/or XR6T option available at the very least.

AWD is fine as long as its well sorted. takes a bit of sorting though. its more the front diff settings that matter. gotta be set for easy lift throttle slip to ease the understeer but have enough grab when the herbs come on under fire. also I reckon a 67rear/37 front split would go mad with the right front diff slip setting. just enough to give mad pull, without turning it into a rex in mid corner. with the sort of power an FG F6 is pulling, throttle steering via the rear tyres is a viable way to gte around any possible understeer you may enconter :lol:

enough isn't enough

Posted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

im just a lil cautious how an FPV AWD would sell... as HSV have tried.. and failed.. hope the same thing would not eventuate with fords sales if it went "down the same path"...

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next