Fordmods Logo

BA Rear Bushes 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: BA Rear Bushes
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:45 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EF II Falcon GLI

QLD, Australia

I have a BA Fairmont that needs all the rear bushes done on it. from what I've been told not an easy, cheap or simple job. :( I'd like to talk to anyone who has gone through this and done the replacements themselves. How hard is it to do, what will I need and how much will I be looking to spend? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: BA Rear Bushes
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Stopher wrote:
I have a BA Fairmont that needs all the rear bushes done on it. from what I've been told not an easy, cheap or simple job. :( I'd like to talk to anyone who has gone through this and done the replacements themselves. How hard is it to do, what will I need and how much will I be looking to spend? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

You will need time and jack stands and also a good floor jack. The job takes about 5 hours total if you have a BA and a little less for a BF. You HAVE to drive out the centre bush and it is a real bastard of a thing to do. The outer ones aren't so bad but still difficult.

The outer 2 bushes are BA 4B424 A $58.35 each and the centre one is BA 4B425 A $69.00. These bushes are harder to remove because they have a steel shell around them. I would be looking for some HELP to do them as well.
:)

Post subject: Re: BA Rear Bushes
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:29 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EF II Falcon GLI

QLD, Australia

Thanks for that. Are these the only bushes that need the whole back end removed? I got a quote from Autobarn for all the rear bushes, there were about a dozen of them. They quoted me about $1300 for the lot! Where did you get yours from?
The car belongs to my old man and he has flogged it out pretty hard and the car wonders all over the road. Also is a single car garage a big enough area to use?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]