Fordmods Logo

ba rims 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: ba rims
Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:05 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: xr8

NSW, Australia

hi guys ive been told that i can fit ba xr rims onto my ef if i use hub adaptors i was woundering whats the widest tyre i would be able to use i want to put the 18 on but ive seen that they come with a 245 tyre and i dont no if they will scrup

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:19 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

dont use adpators or spacers theyre are dangerous and illeagal

well adptors not to sure on
best bet is to find a company that makes the copies of the BA rims and buy those then u wont have any dramas with tyre sizes or cops

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 32 GTR

NSW, Australia

Disco Frank wrote:
dont use adpators or spacers theyre are dangerous and illeagal

well adptors not to sure on
best bet is to find a company that makes the copies of the BA rims and buy those then u wont have any dramas with tyre sizes or cops

pffffft :roll:

Dangerous?
There actually pretty strong i've had no problems with them after 6 or so months of using them. Until you try them you shouldn't bag them. I forgive you. :D

237.9 KW ATW

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 3:34 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: xr8

NSW, Australia

i have a ef with super lows and i want to put a set of the ba 18 x 8s they have 245 tyres on i dont no if they will fit im planing on using hub adaptors

Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:08 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ED Classic

NSW, Australia

Does anyone know of a wheel company that makes the AUII Tickford copies they are 17"s, Ive seen these on a few e -series falcons and look not bad at all.

Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: 80 series cruiser

NSW, Australia

anyone who uses adaptors is STUPID!

you can buy e-series copies from heaps of places, big o tyres at moorebank has the au and ba copies for $1250 in 17" im not sure how much for 18", that is with wheel nuts and brand new tyres.

the reason adaptors and spacers are illegal is that it puts heaps more load on the wheel bearings by moving the load point further out towards the outside of the car and this in turns places an exagerated load on the outer bearing (being the smaller one) which is not ment to carry that much of the load. also you are increasing the chance of wheel stud failure because of the same reason, think about it, same length original wheel studs but heaps more load??????

do you really want to ruin wheel bearings and risk your wheel falling off when you can just buy the copies????

Thanks to Crescent Motors, Liverpool.
Call Joe on (02) 9600 6229.

I dont own a Landcruiser, it's a Maverick recovery vehicle!!!!

Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yobboford wrote:

you can buy e-series copies from heaps of places, big o tyres at moorebank has the au and ba copies for $1250 in 17" im not sure how much for 18", that is with wheel nuts and brand new tyres.

the reason adaptors and spacers are illegal is that it puts heaps more load on the wheel bearings by moving the load point further out towards the outside of the car and this in turns places an exagerated load on the outer bearing (being the smaller one) which is not ment to carry that much of the load. also you are increasing the chance of wheel stud failure because of the same reason, think about it, same length original wheel studs but heaps more load??????

do you really want to ruin wheel bearings and risk your wheel falling off
when you can just buy the copies????

Had my adapters for over 6 months now and guess what, they out lasted my car. Never had problems with them EVER.
They are not illegal there must be some confusion between spacers and adapters spacers are practically like washers adapters actually clamp on and bolt onto your existing hub and thread pattern.

237.9 KW ATW

Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:11 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 3 images

NSW, Australia

yobboford wrote:

do you really want to ruin wheel bearings and risk your wheel falling off when you can just buy the copies????

im not sure about adding extra load with hub spacers,because all your doing is spacing the rims out to where they would normally sit..hub adaptors are legal for use in drag racing with 1000hp + engines...

Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

to add to that the wider rims and tyres compensate for the shift of weight. (as this was my only problem) 8-)

237.9 KW ATW

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]