Fordmods Logo

Ba xr6 auto problems 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Ba xr6 auto problems
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:32 am 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 84

Joined: 30th Dec 2010

Ride: BA Xr6

Location: Emerald
QLD, Australia

Hey guys just posting a topic about my gearbox in the hope of shedding some light on to how to make the problem go away.
Lately my gearbox has been sluggish and i suppose holding on between 1st and 2nd gear it is only a recent problem and the gearbox has 110000 kms on it and from my memory hasnt had a service.
So would servicing help? are the bands to far stretched? or even will installing a shift kit help? love to hear back on these if anyone has had this and fixed or just general advice thanks :)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba xr6 auto problems
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 4599

Joined: 30th Aug 2010

Ride: BF XR6,

Location: NEWCASTLE
NSW, Australia

definatly give it a service

 

_________________

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba xr6 auto problems
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:30 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 26

Posts: 54

Joined: 5th Mar 2011

Ride: '03 BA XR6

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Yea, 110000km's and never had gearbox serviced. Not the best thing to go without, I have my gearboxes serviced every 10-15000km's, Usually cost me approx $160 depending on particular gearboxes. Also if it has not been serviced your bands probably are stretched.

Shift kits just make the teeth on the cogs for your gearbox break, Would be better to strengthen it before going to a shift kit.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba xr6 auto problems
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:34 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 84

Joined: 30th Dec 2010

Ride: BA Xr6

Location: Emerald
QLD, Australia

sorry my mistake it has had oil changes is that the only thing that consists in a auto service
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba xr6 auto problems
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:50 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 28

Posts: 270

Joined: 13th Dec 2010

Ride: ba xr6t ute

Location: perth
WA, Australia

Future wrote:
Yea, 110000km's and never had gearbox serviced. Not the best thing to go without, I have my gearboxes serviced every 10-15000km's, Usually cost me approx $160 depending on particular gearboxes. Also if it has not been serviced your bands probably are stretched.

Shift kits just make the teeth on the cogs for your gearbox break, Would be better to strengthen it before going to a shift kit.



serious? they are designed to be a sealed unit! under normal conditions they should never need servicing. and even when you do service them, every 10-15k is a big waste of your money. "teeth on the cogs", your terminology shows you lack of knowledge of the ION g/box alltogether.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba xr6 auto problems
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:52 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 28

Posts: 270

Joined: 13th Dec 2010

Ride: ba xr6t ute

Location: perth
WA, Australia

Coreys0 wrote:
Hey guys just posting a topic about my gearbox in the hope of shedding some light on to how to make the problem go away.
Lately my gearbox has been sluggish and i suppose holding on between 1st and 2nd gear it is only a recent problem and the gearbox has 110000 kms on it and from my memory hasnt had a service.
So would servicing help? are the bands to far stretched? or even will installing a shift kit help? love to hear back on these if anyone has had this and fixed or just general advice thanks :)


bit more info would be good dude, do you mean it takes a while for the change from 1st to 2nd?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba xr6 auto problems
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:19 am 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 84

Joined: 30th Dec 2010

Ride: BA Xr6

Location: Emerald
QLD, Australia

JIM89 wrote:
Coreys0 wrote:
Hey guys just posting a topic about my gearbox in the hope of shedding some light on to how to make the problem go away.
Lately my gearbox has been sluggish and i suppose holding on between 1st and 2nd gear it is only a recent problem and the gearbox has 110000 kms on it and from my memory hasnt had a service.
So would servicing help? are the bands to far stretched? or even will installing a shift kit help? love to hear back on these if anyone has had this and fixed or just general advice thanks :)


bit more info would be good dude, do you mean it takes a while for the change from 1st to 2nd?


yes exactly its only between 1st and 2nd all other gears shift rather quickly mate
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba xr6 auto problems
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:22 am 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 28

Posts: 270

Joined: 13th Dec 2010

Ride: ba xr6t ute

Location: perth
WA, Australia

my ute plays alot of tricks on the mind so i promote the veiw that are you sure its not a placebo mecanical sympathy case? lol. you could get it serviced but you only get about 4lt of the 12lt out so id sudgest checking the colour of it, 15mm grub bolt in the side of the box. if its red oil still id let its run its course and see how it goes. if its a bit brown maybe get it servied. there will be chunks of metal in the trans pan if you have broken something!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba xr6 auto problems
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:30 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 1

Joined: 18th Sep 2011

Ride: Ba xr6 turbo

Location: Mandurah
WA, Australia

Hey, oomph loompa ,sounds like we have the same problem. I have a ba xr6 turbo and yeh the gear change from 1st to 2nd just revS out n dosnt change as it should do . It's feels ok in tiptronic and through all other gears . How'd u go about it mate . Ne help would be great .
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba xr6 auto problems
Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:04 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 84

Joined: 30th Dec 2010

Ride: BA Xr6

Location: Emerald
QLD, Australia

hey mate i got it serviced and its running good now.. The gearbox place i went to said that the pcv also sticks sometimes allowing this to happen... those arnt his exact words but that is roughly what he said... so get a service if you havent had one and then get them to check the p.c.v. ( Pressure Control Valve)
hope this helps
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba xr6 auto problems
Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 514

Joined: 26th Jul 2011

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Ba XR6 mk2 n/a

Location: sydney N/Beaches
NSW, Australia

Do you guys know if having a trans cooler kit installed makes servicing harder?
Do I have to drain the cooler also? Or will it all come out with the main bolt on the gear box pan!?

 

_________________

BANNED USER

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:38 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names