BA XRT T5 into EF???? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: BA XRT T5 into EF????
Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:03 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EF Fairmont

Power: 162 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Hi guys, i have an ef that i have put an AUII XR motor in and i keep destroying EA/EF T5's.
So i have bought an XR6 Turbo box, i got it homme and the things looks similar on the outside, but the bell housing is used to hold the input shaft bearing into place...

I knew they didn't have a speedo, but thoght i had that figured out.

Can anyone help me or know of anyone stupid enough to do this conversion??

THANKS

EF FAIRMONT, super low kings, simmons FR19's.
Driveline AU II XR6 VCT, Tremec 5 speed. Brass button clutch, followed by a reco LSD.
Now flash tuned, and dyno'd at 162RWKW 580Nm

Post subject: Re: BA XRT T5 into EF????
Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

New Zealand

Skidster wrote:
Hi guys, i have an ef that i have put an AUII XR motor in and i keep destroying EA/EF T5's.
So i have bought an XR6 Turbo box, i got it homme and the things looks similar on the outside, but the bell housing is used to hold the input shaft bearing into place...

I knew they didn't have a speedo, but thoght i had that figured out.

Can anyone help me or know of anyone stupid enough to do this conversion??

THANKS

You will need to get the slave cylinder to bolt onto your pedal box and also the master cylinder for the firewall then run the lines to the clutch release bearing on the input shaft thing. I was also contemplating this before i bought my box, was cheap enough too, just re-using the BA hydraulic parts.

Also you may want to check that the boxes are the same length, as i put an AU T5Z into mine and i had to cut a hole in the floor and shorten my driveshaft as the AU boxes are longer than E series. I'm not sure about B series though.....

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:21 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Thanks, i have been sitting down with a few cans thinking of how to attack this.

If changing to hydraulic isn't too hard i guess it will be worth it.

By memory the BA AU boxes are 60mm longer, i have already had an AU box in, so also ran into the trouble of cutting the floor. Also had to get an adapter made up so the shifter would sit in normal position again.

Driveline AU II XR6 VCT, Tremec 5 speed. Brass button clutch, followed by a reco LSD.

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

New Zealand

Skidster wrote:
Thanks, i have been sitting down with a few cans thinking of how to attack this.

By memory the BA AU boxes are 60mm longer, i have already had an AU box in, so also ran into the trouble of cutting the floor. Also had to get an adapter made up so the shifter would sit in normal position again.

How did you get around the floor gasket so all the crap doesn't get into the cabin? I'm very interested to know as i want something better for mine, check out my build thread if you want to look (in my sig, coloured red), i just used a silicone baking tray and screwed it down, prob' not the best.

When i bought my flywheel from a performance place, they tried to sell me the hydraulic clutch setup, sounded very good indeed but i couldn't be f**k, cable clutch is simple.

But i'm pretty sure all you have to do is mount the master/slave cylinders and get some custom lines done, or do it your self, and run them to the hydraulic throw out bearing. I'm sure a few people would be interested to see how you go.

Could you not just take all the BA clutch gear off and stick on a new retainer? You can buy them new from Mal Wood, just the metal piece that the release bearing sits on, then use an E series bell housing and your away laughing.....ah i wouldn't know, just sounds like it could be the go if you can't be a*** setting up the hydraulics..

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:54 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

XFWAGON wrote:
Skidster wrote:

How did you get around the floor gasket so all the crap doesn't get into the cabin? I'm very interested to know as i want something better for mine, check out my build thread if you want to look (in my sig, coloured red), i just used a silicone baking tray and screwed it down, prob' not the best.

When i bought my flywheel from a performance place, they tried to sell me the hydraulic clutch setup, sounded very good indeed but i couldn't be f**k, cable clutch is simple.

But i'm pretty sure all you have to do is mount the master/slave cylinders and get some custom lines done, or do it your self, and run them to the hydraulic throw out bearing. I'm sure a few people would be interested to see how you go.

Could you not just take all the BA clutch gear off and stick on a new retainer? You can buy them new from Mal Wood, just the metal piece that the release bearing sits on, then use an E series bell housing and your away laughing.....ah i wouldn't know, just sounds like it could be the go if you can't be a*** setting up the hydraulics..

If Mal wood make a retainer for the bearing, that would be awesome.
The ba flywheel looks similar to an e series auto plate, the whole set up is very lightweight, so i think id get great bottom end power from it?

In regards to covering up the hole, i just screwed down a piece of 3mm thick rubber and put some original carpet underlay stuff on it, stopped sound and heat getting through.

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

your best bet would be to join www.boostedfalcon.net and ask the master, Rollin on putting B-Series box's in E-Series

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]