Fordmods Logo

Bendix SRT Pads 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: Bendix SRT Pads
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:37 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ford BA xr6

SA, Australia

Anyone tried out the new Bendix SRT Pads yet ??

Roobin

Ford BA XR6 4.0L Auto, ICC Carputer, DBA Slotted Rotors, Bendix Pads, 18" Mags, BF Tail Lights, Factory CAI & VSI LPG.

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

I've got front and rear set sitting out the back of work on top of some DBA 4000 rotors. But my current setup havn't died yet...
Keen also to hear other peoples experiences with them.

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:47 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

Yeah they work fine with my DBA 4000's, dusty though, but you want to stop quick so thats what you get.

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:48 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Oh, they are really hard to overheat as well, good for trackdays etc. Sure they aren't full on race pads and they will fade eventually but they have the advantage of working well when cold aswell

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:00 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

Sprjenkins wrote:
Oh, they are really hard to overheat as well, good for trackdays etc. Sure they aren't full on race pads and they will fade eventually but they have the advantage of working well when cold aswell

A quote from T2 "Now let me get this straight"
Bendix SRT's are if you want to go reallllly fast and stop in a hurry (to get to the lights while they are still red and take of first)
And Bendix Ultra Premium's are if you want to drive normally most of the time but occasionally want to drive fast and stop fast.

Roobin

Ford BA XR6 4.0L Auto, ICC Carputer, DBA Slotted Rotors, Bendix Pads, 18" Mags, BF Tail Lights, Factory CAI & VSI LPG.

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:26 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

yep, thats right. If your doing lots of hard braking, eg driving hard through the mountains, trackdays etc go the SRT's. If you just want to stop better occasionally, that is not repeatedly go the ultimates. Ultimates will overheat much quicker and therefore are no good for hard repeated stops

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:34 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

Sprjenkins wrote:
yep, thats right. If your doing lots of hard braking, eg driving hard through the mountains, trackdays etc go the SRT's. If you just want to stop better occasionally, that is not repeatedly go the ultimates. Ultimates will overheat much quicker and therefore are no good for hard repeated stops

Thanks for that.
Clear as a set of mags after cleaning the brake dust off.

Roobin

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:53 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

Sprjenkins wrote:

Would the SRT's be okay for mostly 70% normal driving and the rest occasional hard days and mountain driving.

Roobin

Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:47 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Yep there fine for that, I drive every day with them and haven't had any problems

Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:09 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XR6 and ZD Fairlane

QLD, Australia

if you get the SRT's team them up with some slotted rotors, i went through 3 sets of rotrs and glazed pads before i made the change and 15000K's later im still happy as larry with the bendix. oh yeah the rotors are DBA slotted. BEst thing about them also the second there on it doesnt even feel like your bedding them in. anyway good luck

Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:15 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

1965tbird wrote:
if you get the SRT's team them up with some slotted rotors, i went through 3 sets of rotrs and glazed pads before i made the change and 15000K's later im still happy as larry with the bendix. oh yeah the rotors are DBA slotted. BEst thing about them also the second there on it doesnt even feel like your bedding them in. anyway good luck

I already have 4 x 4000 dba gold slotted rotors, just got to get the pads then new mags and tyres

Roobin

Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:39 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XR6 and ZD Fairlane

QLD, Australia

oh k sorry must have missed that lol i can be blind at times, but like i said great pad. Awesome for towing too forgot to add.

Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:55 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

1965tbird wrote:
oh k sorry must have missed that lol i can be blind at times, but like i said great pad. Awesome for towing too forgot to add.

thanks
I tow a caravan a few times a year and even with the caravan brakes, the current pieces heat up pretty good.
Still got the original pads and disc's since i bought the car in Aug 03

My built in Carputer (with built in everything) helps when i go away as well.

Roobin

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]