Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: BF2 e-gas gearbox issues
Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

I'm not 100% sure but i feel i have a lock up issue. I also have a ba that i compare it to but the ba is petrol so i'm not sure if the calibration is different and the local ford dealer are about as helpful as tits on a bull.

i notice it most when travelling at 100. the petrol will be well and truly locked up in 4th, even up reasonably steep hills. the e-gas won't lock-up at all. travelling the same roads. i originally thought it had a different diff because one of the roads is slightly uphill (looks flat) so there is a need to have constant throttle % and tacho was up on 2000rpm or ever so slightly over and any increase in throttle % the tacho would swing long before any speed increase. when there is zero throttle % at 100kph the tacho reads 1750rpm which is same as petrol.

according to ford, these gearboxes only lock-up in 4th, not like the e-series, but it annoys me even though in general 60kph driving it doesn't even hit 4th. (another pain but petrol is same) 70kph is where the petrol changes to 4th and about 75kph for the e-gas. this i feel is a calibration difference to do with the e-gas but sometimes i hope i'm wrong and that it can be improved. the petrol one will hold 4th if manually selected but the e-gas will not. it will select 4th but when put back to 'adaptive mode' it goes straight back to 3rd.

had the car checked out by the local dealer last week due to it being new to me and still under factory warranty. they couldn't update the pcm though as their computer was down but unsure if that would fix any issues.

hopefully i can get some definitive answers.

cheers.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:02 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

most likely a different calibration level. There is every chance a calibration update will fix it.

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

not sure if its related but its also very slow going from reverse to forward and vise versa. when i back out the drive, it seems to take a while to drop into drive. same if i am driving along and then stop to reverse into a park, i have to wait longer than normal for it to click into gear. if i try to accelerate straight away it will move in that direction but the revs will flare up a bit. its not glaringly obvious though as my wife doesn't notice but thats not unusual. women don't tend to have much mechanical sympathy. i can definitely notice a small delay before it seems to be properly in gear. ford tell me 3-5 sec is normal but compared to my ba, its different.

hopefully a pcm update will fix it or improve it at least.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:52 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

it isnt unusual for a 3-5 second delay to engage reverse either, and this seems to vary a little from car to car

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:55 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

xpression wrote:
it isnt unusual for a 3-5 second delay to engage reverse either, and this seems to vary a little from car to car

YIKES!

3 seconds to engage reverse...

should it not be about 1 tops?

RIP SCOTT

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]