Fordmods Logo

big drivline problems 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: big drivline problems
Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:59 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2003 ba xr8 manual

WA, Australia

heres the story, i went to do a skid the other day in my 2003 ba xr8 t5 manual and wen i dropped the clutch it was just a grinding noise and no movement, like huge grinding noise, not knowing what is was i took it to a.d transmitions in perth, so far they have replaced everything in the diff, upgraded my diff gears replace my clutch and fly wheel and havnt even tackled my gearbox, they have taken me for one big ride and alot of money, has this happened to anyone? the diff was fine and so was the clutch but they replaced them anyway

Post subject: Re: big drivline problems
Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:03 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

and after this is it still buggered???

Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 11:46 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2003 ba xr8 manual

WA, Australia

havnt got the car back yet but what bugged me is he says its the clutch where as with the diff out and i start it in gear there is no grinding noise, and wen diff is in and i put it into any gear there is unless my foot is on the clutch, indecating the clutch is working???

Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 11:58 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

we had an fg xr8 ute here... he pulled up and flatten it and the TC keep knocking the motor out, then on, then out, then on... It was like a giant rattle gun... it torn chassis mounts for the diff... bent the diff housings... broke gears... broke the extension housing... it was a mess... you'd put it in gear and it had no drive at all... big dollars... somehow he pinned it on Ford (brand new FG) and they couldn't prove what he had done and Ford wore it... Rumour was if he turned off the TC before trying to do the burnout... its would have smoked them no worries and done no damage...

I'd say your in for a lot of money mate... the modern diffs aren't cheap to rebuild... esp if they are fixing unnecessary things like you say...

hope it works out good for ya in the end... and not too dear of course... :?

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

i probly wouda focused on the clutch or gearbox. id say u would be able to tell if the diff is grinding like all s**t coz the sound is from the back not under the car. maybe if u jacked up the back end and tryed puttin it in gear and listen for noises u will find it. plus if ur gonna do random burnouts eitha always turn that traction control s**t off everytime u jump into ur car ( make it a habbit like a seatbelt ) or do like i hav and got a xt v8 no traction control haha well traction is upto my right foot anyway.

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]