Bigger Brakes on a BA 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: Bigger Brakes on a BA
Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 221 rwkw

ACT, Australia

I am prob getting the upgraded brakes that where an option on the BA's so the bigger PBR, they are off a Typhoon BA (the stock ones on them) and im just wondering if i will need to change anything as im guna be getting the Calipers and rotors so will i need to change like the master cylinder or anything like that or is it just a stragiht swap???

Cheers

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA 3v ute

VIC, Australia

Just a straight swap :)

www.bseries.com.au/punktured

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 221 rwkw

ACT, Australia

Cheers

Thanks every much

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:13 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

Can't remember for the bigger PBR's (most definitly with the Brembo's) do you need an extra bracket to mount the calliper to the upright?

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:02 pm 
Parts Gopher

ACT, Australia

What about on an AU2,is the master cylinder bigger on the BA/BF and would it bolt stright to the AU brake booster ?

I drive and support ford

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xr6t

NSW, Australia

just need the caliper, bracket and rotor. Ive put 4 piston front with 356mm rotor and kept the stock master cylender with no problems

Rides:
-Ba xr6t, wog cooler, K&N pod on custom intake, battery moved to other side, flash, custom cooler piping, presons auto, car pc, 19" lenso speed 6, going for 300rwkw
-FZR 250- run around bike

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:09 pm 
Parts Gopher

ACT, Australia

bogan393 wrote:
just need the caliper, bracket and rotor. Ive put 4 piston front with 356mm rotor and kept the stock master cylender with no problems

Wow, Ive got the pbr twin postin 325x32 at front and just put the 328 rears ,same as the BF XR,So really I should have no issuie there ? Just pump n bleed be fine ?

Ive got firm brake padel,when start spongy nearly goes to floor,couple of pumps and the brakes feel fine.
Was thinking that putting bigger rears on when i had fronts,the master cylinder couldnt pump the pressure.

There's no air in lines.

The seals in master cylinder may be the issuie ?
cheers
PS I Have AU 2,just pinched this thread :-p

I drive and support ford

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I had the same problem with my 4 pots, turned out i had the tax the caliper off, wedge a piece of wood between the pads, turn it upside then bleed it. And i'm almost certain i remember reading that you have to do the same with the pbrs. Because air gets trapped in the caliper. Easiest way is to take it to a place with a proper bleeding machine, alot easier.

Rides:
-Ba xr6t, wog cooler, K&N pod on custom intake, battery moved to other side, flash, custom cooler piping, presons auto, car pc, 19" lenso speed 6, going for 300rwkw

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:22 pm 
Parts Gopher

ACT, Australia

bogan393 wrote:
I had the same problem with my 4 pots, turned out i had the tax the caliper off, wedge a piece of wood between the pads, turn it upside then bleed it. And i'm almost certain i remember reading that you have to do the same with the pbrs. Because air gets trapped in the caliper. Easiest way is to take it to a place with a proper bleeding machine, alot easier.

Arh interesting bit of information there.........So when you did it,the padel felt really firm,but when start felt crap,bleed again and found no air bubbles?

So your saying could be air in the caliper which doesnt come out with normal bleeding ?

I drive and support ford

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

thats the exact prroblem i had, felt firm when i first fitted them, but as soon as i started the car the pedal went soft. I must have bled them about 40 times, went through 2 bottles of fluid and it kept happeneing. thats when i found out about the upside down caliper trick. Deffinately easier to just pay someone

Rides:

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:06 pm 
Parts Gopher

ACT, Australia

bogan393 wrote:
thats the exact prroblem i had, felt firm when i first fitted them, but as soon as i started the car the pedal went soft. I must have bled them about 40 times, went through 2 bottles of fluid and it kept happeneing. thats when i found out about the upside down caliper trick. Deffinately easier to just pay someone

Sounds like me,but i used 3 bottles :-p First off had heaps of air,just air finally i got rid of it all.
I hope that's all that it is,so a brake shop has a specially machine that bleeds them ?
thanx for the tip:-)

I drive and support ford

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yea thehave a machine that does it really quick and easy.

No worries

Rides:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]