Fordmods Logo

Bob knows best 

 

Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

 
Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 79

Posts: 1233

Joined: 7th Apr 2005

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: GTHO PH 1 EF ex chaser

Location: Willow vale, GOLD COAST
QLD, Australia

[quote="vik351"]So what does this mean Bobie???

Then modify front upper wishbone rail pivot positions by 1" (25mm to you younguns ).

How much rooting around is that??? Sounds too hard :shock: :shock: :shock:

What did you find the best size anti roll bars???

Dont know if I would bother with the Watt link setup for the couple track days a year...

vik...once again,sounds too hard :x :x :x[/qu


This is an old Mustang trick it alters the steering geometry a little and makes them steer into corners better, and yes it is a bit of mucking around.
Best size roll bars are the biggest whiteline make if you want to get serious about handling.
also DONT use tyres that are too wide for the rim as they tend to roll too much.

Bob :D

 

_________________

Rotten Old Revhead!!! XW GTHO + EF ex cop car (exractors 2.5 cat back zorst !6" Simmons K&N +airbox mods Lowered with Bilstein shocks+Whiteline Bars NEXT THING Swap HO for GTP or Ferrari!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:33 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 57

Joined: 11th Aug 2005

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Location: Melbourne, Berwick
VIC, Australia

wicksy wrote:
lol vik haha ur a tripper and hey rob didnt know u where part of these forums either


Lol yeah just trying to warn the rest of this Forum about Victoria ... its a bit like Barringtons site Vikky, you need to be 'nice'

Rob... :?

 

_________________

11.5 @ 120 mph
Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:29 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1142

Joined: 17th Sep 2005

Ride: Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Mr Turbo wrote:
WTF

Bert... :roll:


WTF :evil: :evil: :evil:

 

_________________

[b]BANNED[\b]

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:31 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1142

Joined: 17th Sep 2005

Ride: Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Mr Turbo wrote:
wicksy wrote:
lol vik haha ur a tripper and hey rob didnt know u where part of these forums either


Lol yeah just trying to warn the rest of this Forum about Victoria ... its a bit like Barringtons site Vikky, you need to be 'nice'

Rob... :?


Pigs cnut you do :evil: :evil: :evil:

vik... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

 

_________________

[b]BANNED[\b]

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:43 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1142

Joined: 17th Sep 2005

Ride: Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

GTBob wrote:
vik351 wrote:
So what does this mean Bobie???

Then modify front upper wishbone rail pivot positions by 1" (25mm to you younguns ).

How much rooting around is that??? Sounds too hard :shock: :shock: :shock:

What did you find the best size anti roll bars???

Dont know if I would bother with the Watt link setup for the couple track days a year...

vik...once again,sounds too hard :x :x :x[/qu


This is an old Mustang trick it alters the steering geometry a little and makes them steer into corners better, and yes it is a bit of mucking around.
Best size roll bars are the biggest whiteline make if you want to get serious about handling.
also DONT use tyres that are too wide for the rim as they tend to roll too much.

Bob :D


31 32 mm???and why adjustable???

The car is just a weekender

vik...when you down in Adelaide next :P :P :P

 

_________________

[b]BANNED[\b]

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:47 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1142

Joined: 17th Sep 2005

Ride: Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

wicksy wrote:
lol vik haha ur a tripper and hey rob didnt know u where part of these forums either


Unfortunately,hoe do we piss him off,looks like all of the homo forums are here :evil: :evil: :evil:

vik...even Glumm is here :x :x :x

 

_________________

[b]BANNED[\b]

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:13 am 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 57

Joined: 11th Aug 2005

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Location: Melbourne, Berwick
VIC, Australia

Now be 'nice' Vikky ... he was only doing his job, Banning old kunts like you!

Rob... :wink:

 

_________________

11.5 @ 120 mph
Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 79

Posts: 1233

Joined: 7th Apr 2005

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: GTHO PH 1 EF ex chaser

Location: Willow vale, GOLD COAST
QLD, Australia

Adjustable because they can be set up for different conditions (eg. track or touring ) track setup can be a little hard on the rest of the system and your tyres :roll: :shock: :idea:

 

_________________

Rotten Old Revhead!!! XW GTHO + EF ex cop car (exractors 2.5 cat back zorst !6" Simmons K&N +airbox mods Lowered with Bilstein shocks+Whiteline Bars NEXT THING Swap HO for GTP or Ferrari!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1142

Joined: 17th Sep 2005

Ride: Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

GTBob wrote:
Adjustable because they can be set up for different conditions (eg. track or touring ) track setup can be a little hard on the rest of the system and your tyres :roll: :shock: :idea:


How hard are thet to adjust Bobie???

vik...skinned knuckle fever :shock: :shock: :shock: or what

 

_________________

[b]BANNED[\b]

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:07 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 57

Joined: 11th Aug 2005

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Location: Melbourne, Berwick
VIC, Australia

vik351 wrote:
GTBob wrote:
Adjustable because they can be set up for different conditions (eg. track or touring ) track setup can be a little hard on the rest of the system and your tyres :roll: :shock: :idea:


How hard are thet to adjust Bobie???

vik...skinned knuckle fever :shock: :shock: :shock: or what


To hard for you ya useless kunt ... get the missus to do it!

Rob... :oops:

 

_________________

11.5 @ 120 mph
Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 11791

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

Location: SE Melb
VIC, Australia

Guys please stay on topic in the tech forums

 

_________________

Nicko

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:06 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Posts: 10

Joined: 9th Nov 2006

Location: brisbane
QLD, Australia

the old blokes got it right, shelby and the boys were lowering the top arm in the 60,s to give a lower roll centre and make the mustang/falcons stop understeering. as for the rear we made an adjustable panard rod for a mates xy group nc race car could probably find out the roll bar sizes weve come at for the best handling, are you worried about comfort or handling.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: xy suspension
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:14 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Posts: 10

Joined: 9th Nov 2006

Location: brisbane
QLD, Australia

heres a pic of the rear end

 

 

Attachments:
Supercars 005.jpg
Supercars 005.jpg [ 761.93 KiB | Viewed 38 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1142

Joined: 17th Sep 2005

Ride: Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Neo_nick wrote:
Guys please stay on topic in the tech forums


Just ban the SOB nicki, Kittens must be closed tonight :shock: :shock: :shock:

vik...he's a trouble maker :x :x :x

 

_________________

[b]BANNED[\b]

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1142

Joined: 17th Sep 2005

Ride: Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

emjay wrote:
the old blokes got it right, shelby and the boys were lowering the top arm in the 60,s to give a lower roll centre and make the mustang/falcons stop understeering. as for the rear we made an adjustable panard rod for a mates xy group nc race car could probably find out the roll bar sizes weve come at for the best handling, are you worried about comfort or handling.


"are you worried about comfort or handling. "

Thats the bloody trouble,I want both,but you cant have one without the other.

The car is a weekender,which means the squirt in the hills,where you would like it to handle,then the cruse to the coast and back,where comfort would be good...

vik...I know,everything is a compramise,but try and find the balance :roll:

 

_________________

[b]BANNED[\b]

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dp_stoner and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:47 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names