Fordmods Logo

Boge shocks 

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: brakes
Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I forgot to mention that the the Boge feel alot more soft on the rear than the front.

Hoenstly u own a EL GT, spend the money on koni or bilstien and u will never look back. Just pay the extra money if u intend on keeping the car for a while and it looks good on the resale when u have good quality gear on your car.

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Post subject: Re: Boge shocks
Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:40 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

shock modifier wrote:
methuselah wrote:
Any body out there ever used these shocks in something like a Ghia type Falcon? I was told by a suspension shop, if I fit these shocks to my EL GT, the shocks will "self destruct" due to the weight of the car? :roll: They want to sell me the new Monroe GT Sport shock, trouble is, I am hearing some awful stories about the new Monroe GT Sports!!! Boges or Koni? :?

What do you want from the shocks?.Do you want it to scream around corners or do you want a lounge ride?
OK, here 's my experience, my first EL GT, purchased new, It did not seem to handle as well as expected, but rode quite well!!! I had the car placed on a shock dyno/tester, (Pedders) they told me the rear shocks were 20% worn, I informed them I had 2 new rear EL GT genuine shocks that could be fitted to the car. The guy was hesitant to fit the shocks, thinking it would not make much difference to the handling. I insisted he fit them to the car, I could not believe the difference in handling they made to the car, high speed lane changes on the freeways is now no problem, the ride is good & car behaviour on the open road is brilliant. My second EL GT is body roll city, & according to the shock dyno all the shocks are worn.This car handles like Pammy Anderson in a hot tub. (All soft & wobbly!!!) I liked the progressive rate of firmness the original Monroes had, sadly, these shocks are no longer available. I do not want the "limo" ride , nor do I want my kidneys shaken out through my bum!!! I am a fussy old codger :lol:

Life is short, party hard!!!

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:30 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

methuselah wrote:
shock modifier wrote:
methuselah wrote:
Any body out there ever used these shocks in something like a Ghia type Falcon? I was told by a suspension shop, if I fit these shocks to my EL GT, the shocks will "self destruct" due to the weight of the car? :roll: They want to sell me the new Monroe GT Sport shock, trouble is, I am hearing some awful stories about the new Monroe GT Sports!!! Boges or Koni? :?

What do you want from the shocks?.Do you want it to scream around corners or do you want a lounge ride?
OK, here 's my experience, my first EL GT, purchased new, It did not seem to handle as well as expected, but rode quite well!!! I had the car placed on a shock dyno/tester, (Pedders) they told me the rear shocks were 20% worn, I informed them I had 2 new rear EL GT genuine shocks that could be fitted to the car. The guy was hesitant to fit the shocks, thinking it would not make much difference to the handling. I insisted he fit them to the car, I could not believe the difference in handling they made to the car, high speed lane changes on the freeways is now no problem, the ride is good & car behaviour on the open road is brilliant. My second EL GT is body roll city, & according to the shock dyno all the shocks are worn.This car handles like Pammy Anderson in a hot tub. (All soft & wobbly!!!) I liked the progressive rate of firmness the original Monroes had, sadly, these shocks are no longer available. I do not want the "limo" ride , nor do I want my kidneys shaken out through my bum!!! I am a fussy old codger :lol:

I have built a set of shocks for a bloke on the ford forums,he is in perth,
they are in a ba but will give you a good idea of what you can make your car handle like and also ride quality.Pm me if you want a ride.

Do you really think it handles ?

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:57 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

There are alot of EL GT Owners out there, who are looking @ replacing their shocks. I might bring the green one around for you to drive, if you can equal the ride & handling of the original shocks, I would say your gunna make a lot of money.Greg. 8-)

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:38 am 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

methuselah wrote:
There are alot of EL GT Owners out there, who are looking @ replacing their shocks. I might bring the green one around for you to drive, if you can equal the ride & handling of the original shocks, I would say your gunna make a lot of money.Greg. 8-)

No probs

Do you really think it handles ?

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

I have an eb ghia v8 with supers and boge shortened shocks and it seems to go ok.
I would class them as a stock replacement, in my opinion they wouldnt be good enough for a gt.

165 Killer Wasps all packaged in a green kmart car, almost an explorer in a way...

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:09 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Well the Boges are now on the car, I am very impressed with the ride & handling of the car. I can now feel the rear tyres (Bridgestone Potenza SO3's!!!) beginning to lose grip on hard cornering :lol: A full set of Yokohama Advan V103's will go on, then off to the GT Nationals we go. 8-) Thanks for all your input & comments guys. Whoops, I forgot to add, these shocks are approximately 25mm shorter than the standard EL GT shock, both front & rear, personally I think they are better than the OEM shocks. Greg.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2