brembo's noisy/squeaky 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: brembo's noisy/squeaky
Posted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:41 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: BF F6

WA, Australia

Hi Guys

Ive just splashed out and bought myself an 06 bf typhoon! :)

My happiness was short lived though as it has a very prominent "squeak" coming from the front brakes. it is mostly slower driving, braking into corners, parking lots etc. i bought from a dealer but they are 1600 kms away and there is no dealer for 600 kms. brake pads and rotors are all up to thickness. i havnt yet received the lock nut spanner so i cant get the wheels off to look yet, im just chasing any experience or advise people may have that can leed me in the right direction. hopefully it rocks up tomorrow so i can sort it out on the weekend. they are 4 pot.

PLS HELP

Post subject: Re: brembo's noisy/squeaky
Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:17 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ef xr6, bf typhoon, mk2 cortina

SA, Australia

got a bf typhoon to and got the same thing. a few mate have got or had fpv's with brembo's and all there cars have been the same. recko its just the nature of the beast. i've just put it down big pad with heavy slots. maybe a bit of copper grease on the back of the pads might help (not to much). if ur really stressing about it ring a brake joint and they will help u out.

95 ef xr6 project, 69 mk2 2 door cortina project, 06 bf typhoon, 89 vn ss, 95 vs s pack. time for a new house cos i need more room lol.

Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BAII XR6T

NSW, Australia

i know its a common problem with all BA's that the anti rattle shims get a bit squashed after a while and let the brake pad move around making a rattling noise, could be something to look into, i recall they are about 8 dollars each from ford.

FOR SALE BAII XR6 TURBO

Build Thread StrawbZ AU XR6 & BAII XR6T

Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 2:08 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ef xr6, bf typhoon, mk2 cortina

SA, Australia

don't know about chris.knoles prob but the noise i get is the odd squeak but mainly a grinding(cross between a grind and scraping noise) noise at low speed from the front rotors. if u listen carefully at idle speed u can hear the pads sliding over each slot. so i've just put i down to the pad running over the shape edge of the slots.

95 ef xr6 project, 69 mk2 2 door cortina project, 06 bf typhoon, 89 vn ss, 95 vs s pack. time for a new house cos i need more room lol.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]