Fordmods Logo

Caltracs, Oztracs, Slide a link etc 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Caltracs, Oztracs, Slide a link etc
Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:20 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

NSW, Australia

Does anyone have any comments and / or good / bad experiences with any of these traction enhancing products for leaf sprung vehicles???

Have you used them, did they work, did they fit, are they street legal, any comments at all..... :D

Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:10 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Has anyone got any dealings with these people past or present, has anyone bought or used any products or been to there premises??

Any info or feed back would be appreciated...

http://www.sjperformance.com.au/oztraks.htm

especially from WA members who might know about this place

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:29 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

I am having problems with the idiot that runs the show there, he was all friendly and stuff when I first made contact with him, should have smelled a rat when he asked for a 50% deposit, he promised to deliver in 10 days, 3 month later send me a different product than what I ordered...

When I got in contact with him he said that he called to me and let me know what I ordered was not available any more, and I supposedly agreed to receive alternative product ...I think I would have remembered If he called me(he does not even have my number so how can he call me???) and said I was getting something else instead

So now I am down a few hundred $$$ and have something that I never ordered or wanted, and the idiot said send it back at your expense (about $55 postage and I already paid to get it posted to me), and he will see how much money he will refund since I have opened the box, and attempted to fit the product to my car(it did not fit) And now he considers it used......f**king wanker

So now I decided to keep the product and modefy it myself to fit my coupe (already half way done)...and have been getting prices on getting it made locally and going into competition with the wanker selling a better product at a cheaper rate

Now to let you know what I ordered were Caltracks, and what I got was oztracks, a crap product that looks like it was made by year 6 metal work students that failed metal work and that did not even fit my car as promised.....I will be keeping his product to show potential customers how bad it actually is, already showed it to people and they could not believe how bad these oztracs actually are....

SO BUYER BEWARE OF THE SELLER THAT PROMISES THE WORLD AND DELIVERS CRAP....

Please pass this info on to as many people as possible, and I can provide photos via e mail to anyone interested to see the crap I wasted my money on.....

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xd fairmont

NSW, Australia

i hate pricks like him
really hate them

Post subject: Oztracs versus Caltracs
Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:13 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 4 images

WA, Australia

It seems that you may have gotten the guy on a bad day.
Ive had heaps of dealings with this company and have purchased both the caltracs and the Oztrac bars .Ive fitted them into the Xc coupe with no hassles and now only run the Australian made Oztracs.
Just have to place both sets of bars next to each other to see the difference in build quality and strength.When i bought the caltracs they had weld splatter and severe weld undercut on the front plates( powder coating can hide many defects)
The Oztracs i feel are a better build and although only supplied primed i would rather see the raw product so i can see any manufacturing defects. not that there was any)
The owner was only to happy to speak to me on the phone whilst in the shed installing the Bars. If you like i can post a photo of the Oztracs installed into the car so as people can see the quality of the build.
At the end of the day im happy with the product and after having both the Caltracs and the Oztracs i,ll be buying Australian made.

XC 396 Scat stroker

Post subject: Oztracs legalities of install
Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:22 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 4 images

WA, Australia

Im running the Oztracs in an XC Coupe didnt have any problems fitting them and the install only took me about two hours from dropping the diff to refitting it.
Ive had to get permitts for them as they are a non standard factory fitting
but aslong as you maintain the apropriate groung clearance which is 100mm over here then liscensing is not an issue. Once again do everything legally and get the permits and the cops will leave you alone.
( the cops are pretty strict over here for bonnet protrusions and lowered cars)

XC 396 Scat stroker

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]