Camber/Castor Installation Guide 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Camber/Castor Installation Guide
Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:17 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF Fairmont

WA, Australia

Gday Chaps,

For those of you who require a camber kit installed in your Ford and dont want to pay a stupid price for fitment, well keep reading. These instrctions are for the SuperPro sold by Fulcrum Suspensions, I picked mine up for $160.

Its pretty straight forward once your figure out what needs to be done. I stuffed around for an hour on the first side only to find that I could have done it in 30mins.

To start off, jack the front of the car up and let the wheels droop with plenty of clearance under them. Dont bother taking your wheels off, its not neccessary, but might be a bit easier if your a weakling.

Undo the 4 nuts holding the existing kit in and pull on the upper A-arm. The A-arm will now be dangling, you can swing it around on the ball joint so that you can now remove the bolts holding the original kit onto the arm.

Grease the new bushes and install both lots into the A-arm. Swing the arm back around and push the bolts into the 4 holes on the shock tower. You now need to keep pressure on the tyre so that the bolts dont slip out while you lean over to tighten the nuts.

You are supplied with several shims ranging in size from 1mm to 6mm. I have superlows in the front and found that I needed 12mm worth of spacers on both sides to bring the camber back into a normal position. I still have a noticeable amount of neg camber, but the tyre man can fix that when I get the alignment done.

Tigthen all the nuts and start on the other side. If your in no rush you can do it in less than 2 hours, and save yourself, in my case, $220!

*Now its time for a beer and a hot shower, my back is killing me!*

Fulli Sik Re

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:50 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

what no pics?

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Cost me $80ish for my Nolathane kit (through work), and $70 to have it installed and the wheels aligned at Bob Jane T-Marts - I didn't think i could do it myself as I thought I'd need those fancy computers tester thingos to align it and measure and that,.

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:05 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF Fairmont

WA, Australia

Everyone in Perth wants about $350 for it to be supplied and fitted...

Fulli Sik Re

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:27 am 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
Cost me $80ish for my Nolathane kit (through work), and $70 to have it installed and the wheels aligned at Bob Jane T-Marts - I didn't think i could do it myself as I thought I'd need those fancy computers tester thingos to align it and measure and that,.

You could fit it yourself, and then get an alignment, from $30-$50 anywhere I've been.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]