Caster adjustment maybe? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Caster adjustment maybe?
Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 98 Patrol

QLD, Australia

Just wondering if i would need a caster adjustment. As last time i got new tires i got a wheel alignment as u do and he said the alignment was out big time and the casters i think thats wat he said were out but not by much so he left it as it was and did the alignment. B4 all that happened the car would have road noise wen i turned the wheels either way. But the road noise wasnt there wen i was going straight. It is still the same but i thought the alignment would have fixed that. Can some1 help? Also sorry 4 the dumb post but as u prob know already i know f**k all about cars :) cheers.

Post subject: Re: Caster adjustment maybe?
Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

daggy082 wrote:
Just wondering if i would need a caster adjustment. As last time i got new tires i got a wheel alignment as u do and he said the alignment was out big time and the casters i think thats wat he said were out but not by much so he left it as it was and did the alignment. B4 all that happened the car would have road noise wen i turned the wheels either way. But the road noise wasnt there wen i was going straight. It is still the same but i thought the alignment would have fixed that. Can some1 help? Also sorry 4 the dumb post but as u prob know already i know f**k all about cars :) cheers.
can you post the actual numbers on the paper slip from the wheel alignment,this can be compared to stock settings. and if the car has been lowered.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 98 Patrol

QLD, Australia

hans hartman wrote:
daggy082 wrote:
can you post the actual numbers on the paper slip from the wheel alignment,this can be compared to stock settings. and if the car has been lowered.

Been lowers with super lows i think... the alignment was out 1.5 of a degree... But it did it b4 and after alignment. Also i only bought the car about 6 months ago and it wasnt doin it wen i bought it.

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

daggy082 wrote:
hans hartman wrote:
daggy082 wrote:

Been lowers with super lows i think... the alignment was out 1.5 of a degree... But it did it b4 and after alignment. Also i only bought the car about 6 months ago and it wasnt doin it wen i bought it.
it takes time to wear the tyres,so you didnt notice it,1 deg or less is normal.you have to shim the upper arm out to get this,the castor -camber kit costs $200-300. i had 3.5 deg on mine when i bought it and after the kit -no more adjustment -the biggest kit -1 deg and wears tyres well-still out but acceptable.roundabouts wear tyres bad-ask cabbies.if you have tools you can change them,put 6mm shims in-thet are supplied with the kit-mine are 20mm and need 5mm more

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]