Fordmods Logo

Changing or adding diff fluids 

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:45 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: Custom Bedford, 79 Firebird

WA, Australia

garisph, you are very much right!
The PROMA MBL is the best product for an engine in any sort of worn state.
It has all of the main benefits of Microglide, except it will rebuild scoring in cylinders/pistons, in turn bumping compression back up to original figures.
I don't use the PROMA with my BAs purely because it is such a thick concentrate, one not needed for BA application, I use the thinner Microglide products with a lower grade oil, which results in less component drag, yet still increases the breaking point.

with the PROMA however, I wouldn't normally need to wait 4 weeks for the benefits. Drain your oil, change filter, fill with cheap oil, run for 5 minutes to flush, drain oil(should be similarly black), then put in new oil - minus 1 litre, then run for 2 minutes to get oil pressure back up. Then stir your PROMA thoroughly with 1 litre of oil, pour the mixture of addative in, then start the car and give it "what would normally be" 2500RPM, leave your foot there for 5 minutes - don't move it as RPM increases, and then you'll witness your RPM jump a good 1000RPM from no extra throttle. Once it is evenly worked in, I take the car for a quick run down the freeway to work it in, good 15-30min cruise should do. Smooth acceleration will work it in the best, but on the way back, thrash it. the extra oil pressure and mechanical pressures will work wonders.

The microglide is exactly the same, you just don't have to mix the addative with oil, pour it in after you flush it and refill. easy.

happy motoring!

Wrecking BA lots of parts available Pictures and prices here
3 Decks with stackers PRICE DROP

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:08 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: fairmont ghia

QLD, Australia

where abouts can you buy 'PROMA MBL' from? so you can put it in the engine? what about diff and gearbox, sounds quite interesting.

cheers

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:52 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: Custom Bedford, 79 Firebird

WA, Australia

I usually just get a bottle of PROMA from my grandad if and when I need it, I use it more to rejuvinate older engines, or worn performance engines.

I find putting the PROMA into a 10W-30, turns it into the equivalent of 10W-40 (realistically 0W-40), because the concentrate thickens the oil whilst eliminating the startup wear.

I get the Microglide from a good friend of my grandad's who makes the product in malaga. I have pages of technical data supporting, analyising, and scruitinising if anyone has any intense specifics thay want answered.

I find the main difference when mixing Microglide with 10W-30, is that it keeps the grade of oil at 10W-30 (realistically 0W-30) which suits newer cars more due to to tighter clearances. And the Microglide is slightly more effective on the anti-friction side of things, purely because it is serving one main goal, that being Eliminating Friction. PROMA is there to do the same, however is intended to be able to rebuild damaged gears, cylinders and alike.

I just like having the choice of products for the mechanical masterpieces I encounter.

Happy Motoring

Wrecking BA lots of parts available Pictures and prices here
3 Decks with stackers PRICE DROP

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2