Fordmods Logo

Clutch cable route? 

Page 3 of 3 [ 32 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: Clutch cable route?
Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

cjh wrote:
FordFairmont wrote:
mine had a rattle too in neutral idling with clutch out, and had the spring on there & new bearings

noise would go away if you put slight pressure on the pedal, which led me to think a stronger spring mightve helped

That rattle could be the precurser to a failed/warped diaphram spring fingers. :|

thing is, the box was fully rebuilt before going in, and it did it with 2 different brand new clutches

it drove fine, but it always had that noise in neutral/clutch out like ball bearings rolling around in the box. From what ive heard, its a common thing with the T5's and came to the conclusion not to worry about it lol

Post subject: Re: Clutch cable route?
Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
cjh wrote:
FordFairmont wrote:
mine had a rattle too in neutral idling with clutch out, and had the spring on there & new bearings

noise would go away if you put slight pressure on the pedal, which led me to think a stronger spring mightve helped

That rattle could be the precurser to a failed/warped diaphram spring fingers. :|

thing is, the box was fully rebuilt before going in, and it did it with 2 different brand new clutches

it drove fine, but it always had that noise in neutral/clutch out like ball bearings rolling around in the box. From what ive heard, its a common thing with the T5's and came to the conclusion not to worry about it lol

I rebuilt my T5 and it doesn't have roll over noise.......maybe the bearing preload isn't enough??? :?

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3