Fordmods Logo

Clutch pedal feel 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Clutch pedal feel
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

QLD, Australia

My clutch pedal feels nice and smooth initially when I start driving, but after a short while I get this sensation back thru the pedal as I depress it which I can only best describe as a "Squishing" sensation.

Does / has anyone else experience/d this and maybe know what the cause / solution is??

Sold the Greenmachine - now driving 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk.

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xr6t

NSW, Australia

Could be a bent pedal box, my ea has a bent pedal box and sometime it feels normal, the rest of the time it feels like its grinding. It started off fairly similar to your description.

Rides:
-Ba xr6t, wog cooler, K&N pod on custom intake, battery moved to other side, flash, custom cooler piping, presons auto, car pc, 19" lenso speed 6, going for 300rwkw
-FZR 250- run around bike

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

I had a good look and it all looks straight and correct.

The sensation is as if it's hydraulic with air in it - that sort of "swiiishhh / squish" sensation.

I figure it's probably either the cable or the fingers on the clutch. It all functions aok and isn't sticky or heavy at all - I just find it irritating.

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:44 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA XR6T

WA, Australia

I don't mean to be post digging or anything but where is the pedal box.
Im having very similar problems (since getting the new engine in).

Adjusted the clutch out and its been actiing very differently, slowly sliding back to where it was and making a squishing noise when its completely to the floor (has to be there to change gears)

Old car burnt.
New car XR6 Turbo !!
No mods, anyone want a xr6t ?

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:53 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Disconnect the cable at the TO fork, press your clutch in and out a few times to check for binding. Is the cable routed correctly (with the clip halfway along the steering rack).
Check the clutch action at the pedal when someone else is operating it - bit hard to get your head in there, but try.
The spring between the clutch pedal and the floor might be doing it - take it off and see if anything changes.
Otherwise the cable attachments at the top of the pedal might be flexing.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Sorry for not having replied with my findings at the time: it turned out in my case to indeed be a problem with the pedal shaft breaking loose / bending over in the pedal box. When I said above it looked all ok - I initially just didn't see the cracking and it took a little while longer for it to lean over enough to be properly clear what was happening.

I'm using a Mal Wood pin in the original Auto pedal box - which has a hole in it where the Mal Wood pin/shaft fits really easily - BUT the material the pedal box is made of is really flimsy and had started to crack up and buckle allowing the pin to start to lean over. I intend to ultimately get another pedal box and fit up a full cross-shaft setup, but meantime have fitted doublers which are holding up so far.

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:54 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

IF ANY ONE was a crossmember for au xr6 vct independent suspensions, please notify on 0410527432 or 0415324212 thank you

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:10 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Greenmachine wrote:
I intend to ultimately get another pedal box and fit up a full cross-shaft setup, but meantime have fitted doublers which are holding up so far.
Yeah, it's best to build your own: http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=625134

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]